Page 341 of 929 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441841 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 13927
    Spectacular Member

I was just reading Yang interview and he did say WW was SM former love interest!! I guess they have already broken up or their break up is upcoming!! I agree with the fans what led to the initial strife was poorly handled. I'm not looking forward to the upcoming issues of SM/WW, but I want to know what lead to the end of their relationship. Their series is an ongoing series if it turn into a team up series i'm going to drop it!! I was only interested in the series because they were a couple. I'm Disappointed their love affair didn't last a lot longer.
    Last edited by chlj1; 12-11-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah whatever happens, what led to the initial strife was very, very, very poorly handled.

On the other hand though maybe Yang's just treating the current situation, post-"I don't know if I love you anymore" nonsense, as a break in of itself and that's what he means. We'll see.
    If this break up is permanent with a view to going back to the old status quo all I will say the "shocking betrayal" write was utter trash. They looked like they had to pull something out of the air to get him to break up with Diana. Yang doesn't look like even know what other people writing in their books and his lacks total nuance. He doesn't look like he even knows Wonder Woman, saying that Clark hanging with the Gods woyuld be how his life would be with Diana. Excuse me where does Diana hang with Gods? She's got an uneasy relationship with many of them and lives on earth and has human friends. She is not on Olympus 24/7. He's going to write her in his SM and can't say I care. But smww fans will be left with a Superman who treated Diana very poorly. All she did was help. In fact SHE freed his friends, not him. She put herself in danger as she always does for everyone. It is who she is. It's utter stupidity he suddenly dislikes the use of the lasso since he's seen her use it before and even after has her using it on Parasite and him bashing Parasite around. Guess that is okay , Clark. It's bizarre inconsistent characterization all around at times. He is utterly bi polar or an immense jerk. He's not deserve someone like Diana at all. Not even as a friend.

Can the SM writers who write Superman and Wonder Woman please READ Charles Soule and Brian Azzarello. You all might get an understanding of Diana's personality.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-12-2015 at 04:45 AM.

Well I guess we get a BatmanvSuperman Variant in March. By Charlie Adlard.

http://www.newsarama.com/27141-batma...16-titles.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Even if they break up legit for a while, the fact their title is still going with no end in sight makes me less worrisome that the whole thing is being dropped. I know people will say the title can function just fine as friends and teammates, which it most certainly can, but at the same time its not what it was designed to function as. And as long as its still around I have a strong feeling the romantic angle is going to be kept alive. If anything it could make for some interesting tales during the road back.
    I don't know. I just think this gives them the okay to treat it as another SM book and drag it into endless tie ins. eye roll. DC has sure done their utmost to make readers of this book fall off. Even if this becomes a teambook they will need a hell of a creative team to get people on board. Plus if they both have their own lives...why he even teaming up with her when they in the JL together? I don't need to read a smww book with them dating other people. Just write a SM book or a WW book. Tomasi just sucked the emotion out of this book too and it's just every issue is mostly fighting. There was no book like this in DC's line and they just gradually making it into something you would have read before umpteen times.

On the whole I think DC messed up big time with Convergence and DCYou. Now Truth is Doomed all over again. Re writes because of editorial meddling , inconsistent story telling, dragging narrative...all no doubt to suit the whim of some storyline like Convergence which in the end ends up messing up stuff instead of making stories better.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-12-2015 at 04:58 AM.

Spectacular Member

If the superman and wonder woman series becomes a team up series I will drop it! When I heard superman and wonder woman were hooking up it was the reason I started reading comics again! I have no interest in reading a SM/WW team up book, if I wanted to read a comic book series where SM/ WW are teaming up I would read the JL series regularly. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't says I dislike what this creature team has done to this series, they have destroyed it!! I really don't understand why dc is allowing the writers from action comics, superman solo series and the superman/wonder woman series to destroy superman!! This whole truth story has been awful, now their doing another storyline destroying superman and his world ! WHY?? Why is DC destroying the whole superman line?? Superman has been my favorite superhero for over 40 years. The superman/Wonder woman series has been my favorite series since it started! As least for me i'm done with Dc comics!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 12-12-2015 at 09:19 AM.

Unsure of the name of the artist. Beautiful picture tho

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    If the superman and wonder woman series becomes a team up series I will drop it! When I heard superman and wonder woman were hooking up it was the reason I started reading comics again! I have no interest in reading a SM/WW team up book, if I wanted to read a comic book series where SM/ WW are teaming up I would read the JL series regularly. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't says I dislike what this creature team has done to this series, they have destroyed it!! I really don't understand why dc is allowing the writers from action comics, superman solo series and the superman/wonder woman series to destroy superman!! This whole truth story has been awful, now their doing another storyline destroying superman and his world ! WHY?? Why is DC destroying the whole superman line?? Superman has been my favorite superhero for over 40 years. The superman/Wonder woman series has been my favorite series since it started! As least for me i'm done with Dc comics!!

We're all very concerned about our favourite couple right now. No one knows what's going on. Very tense times. I sincerely empathize with you

And here I was holding back and refraining from commenting as to not appear "unappreciative".. . But it seems the consensus is unanimous. Now I can vent.
    What a shame. Issues 22 and 23, for me, delivered a one-two punch of out of character moments and contrivances, a disaster on so many different levels. Not only as a shipper but as a superman and wonder woman fan, the plot simply fails. Seeing these characters turned into bullies with completely unlikable personalities made me want to take a break from DC (again). I will hold final judgement til the second annual comes out but if they happen to break up, who would the book cater to? People who do not follow the pairing are not going to follow it now, and those of us who follow it might decide to simply call it quits. What is the endgame here? Do we really need a book where instead of optimism (which is something these two represent), we are left with "working with mi ex" angst? I am unable to see the reasoning behind it all.
    The only thing I can think of that might be a factor is that they want to downplay sm/ww til after the BvS movie comes out, as to not divide the audience somehow? I'm guessing, but the changes have been so abrupt I see no other explanation. All my fears that Tomasi would treat this as another of his bat-books have come true.
    I am waiting/dreading that annual. Instead of looking forward to it. A bad sign if you are the target audience.
    Last edited by Xarek; 12-12-2015 at 09:42 PM.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Like I said the hope I'm leaning on is that if it happens it leads to stories leading into them getting back together. That would keep the spirit of the title.

But I certainly don't see questioning the direction as of late being unappreciative. I'm glad to have seen them together in canon for the first time ever. But its not an either or where one can't be appreciative of that but critical of current handling at the same time. By all rights the book has had only two arcs that were truly just about them, thanks to crossovers taking up space. The first and the Magog arc. The title hasn't even scratched the surface yet of its intent. To change it now would be ludicrous. But again we can only wait and see. I have that same sense of dread though. Which has been pretty par for course of the way they've marketed the book since DCYou started. There hasn't been one issue whose solicit or preview was designed to inspire a sense of positive anticipation from its fans. Which makes you wonder who the hell they've been targeting the past half-year. It would have been like back in '96, if after the Wedding Album ever single issue from that point forward solicited doom and gloom for Lois and Clark as a married couple. It'd get old, really really, fast and just annoy more people than enamor them to your status quo. To me that's all they've accomplished with this approach here. It was a major fail. The other titles of Truth at least had a chance with their set ups before crashing. This one never really stood a chance at all.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-12-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

You know, it boggles the mind that DC would squander the potential of this couple and alienate the fans who've waited for years for a legitimate exploration of the two of them together on all levels, which they've failed to deliver in my opinion, while they're getting their ass handed to them by Marvel.

You would think they'd want to keep as many of their fans as they can.

Truth be told, Sacred Knight, you raised a valid point when you asked who the hell their actual target audience is, if not the fans of Superman and Wonder Woman being together. And really, I can only think they did this for themselves, for the merchandising profits that come from this couple.

I could be wrong, of course, but I can't think of any other reason both the book and the characters themselves were handled in such a half-assed way.

I don't know. I think if they were to break up, we would have heard it by like some site or something. Nothing so far.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I saw this too. And I think it highlights a major problem with Marvel that DC doesn't have, thanks to Superman/Wonder Woman. Marvel used to have a lot of iconic romances like Reed/Sue, Peter/Mary Jane, Cyclops/Jean Grey, and Wanda/Vision. But one-by-one, Marvel has completely decimated or denigrated all those romances. It's gotten to a point where there really isn't a single "power couple" of any kind at Marvel. And I think that shows an utter lack of imagination or vision for Marvel.

When DC brought Superman and Wonder Woman together, they did it with a long-term goal in mind. This relationship has been blossoming for years now and it has become an anchor of sorts for DC's dramatic narrative. It's an important narrative to have because characters are often driven by romance and this has certainly guided Superman and Wonder Woman in many novel ways. I can't think of any character at Marvel who can make that same claim. If they're serious about making Thor (who also happens to be the chronically hill Jane Foster) and Sam Wilson Marvel's new power couple, they've got an uphill battle ahead of them. For one, Jane Foster has a long history with Thor Odinson. And unlike Superman/Wonder Woman, none of that history was changed by a reboot. And Sam Wilson has never really had any strong, romantic storylines. Now I'm not saying that these obstacles are insurmountable. But given how Marvel has treated its romances over the past decade or so, I've no confidence in their ability to do what DC has done with Superman/Wonder Woman.
    Yeah I agree that the Superman Wonder Woman romance has been planned by the head office which has paid off not only with a new series but headlines and merchandise. While Marvels approach (and I mean no offense by this) seems to be throwing mud at the wall and seeing what sticks with recent couplings really which just leaves fans disappointed and yearning for the original couples.
    The only thing that marvel could do really that would be close to the Superman Wonder Woman relationship would be to maybe pair Spider Man and Spider Woman together because there have been some writers and artists that have teased this in the past, but the problem would be that not many fans outside comics would know off spider woman, but that is a debate for a different thread.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    If this break up is permanent with a view to going back to the old status quo all I will say the "shocking betrayal" write was utter trash. They looked like they had to pull something out of the air to get him to break up with Diana. Yang doesn't look like even know what other people writing in their books and his lacks total nuance. He doesn't look like he even knows Wonder Woman, saying that Clark hanging with the Gods woyuld be how his life would be with Diana. Excuse me where does Diana hang with Gods? She's got an uneasy relationship with many of them and lives on earth and has human friends. She is not on Olympus 24/7. He's going to write her in his SM and can't say I care. But smww fans will be left with a Superman who treated Diana very poorly. All she did was help. In fact SHE freed his friends, not him. She put herself in danger as she always does for everyone. It is who she is. It's utter stupidity he suddenly dislikes the use of the lasso since he's seen her use it before and even after has her using it on Parasite and him bashing Parasite around. Guess that is okay , Clark. It's bizarre inconsistent characterization all around at times. He is utterly bi polar or an immense jerk. He's not deserve someone like Diana at all. Not even as a friend.

Can the SM writers who write Superman and Wonder Woman please READ Charles Soule and Brian Azzarello. You all might get an understanding of Diana's personality.
    I have to admit it would be like DC do break up the relationship over this poorly characterised event that has dragged down all the superman books and tick off the fans but hopefully we shall see the relationship come back stronger from this event because of the way that thing have been left in the air of sorts and it would be cruel to keep peoples hopes up only to crush them.
    The only other hope I have is that Bleeding Cool hasn't ran a exclusive detailing the break up of Superman and Wonder Woman and is only posting theories.

I think the Marvel version is Captain America and Black Widow but even then it's not that BIG.