Page 353 of 929 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453853 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Call me crazy but, under Buccellato, Diana has become almost a "voice of reason" for Kal compared to the "Lady Macbeth" that she was with Taylor as writer. Sometimes it seems she could take him on a better path if the comic book wasn't bound by the videogame.

Diana's a badass mom. I like the dynamic with her daughter in the mini-comic.

Honestly I have lost interest in the series.
    Taylor had a slight agenda....like in some stories SMWW being together means bad doom and gloom evil world domination. Haha. And sadly, almost majority of the fans have lost interest in the series. There has been nothing enticing to look forward to. As said terrible characterization, forced contrived plots, no thanks. I just hope it can be turn around though

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Heh Buccellato answered a fan saying there was almost a kiss. I'm not too much a fan of injustice but I agree, the characterization is so much better. Dark Knight III really interested with seeing that dynamic with the kids. Lara is an interesting character. And it is a Bizarro world with the actual SMWW book being forced with a terrible plot and characterization for reasons....however, I'm going to keep the optimism. There were rewrites and there has been a teases here and there. Solicits should be next week so hoping no crossover and interesting new arc
    About Dark Knight, I am just going to pretend that Dark Knight Strikes Again didn't happen. It gave me an awful taste in the mouth. And that's on top of how awful it was with Dark Knight Returns, although Superman's dialogue negotiating with the Earth to heal him with plants was perhaps the one redeeming aspect of him in the graphic novel. It feels like Miller hates Superman sometimes, glad he isn't all that in charge of Dark Knight 3.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Taylor had a slight agenda....like in some stories SMWW being together means bad doom and gloom evil world domination. Haha. And sadly, almost majority of the fans have lost interest in the series. There has been nothing enticing to look forward to. As said terrible characterization, forced contrived plots, no thanks. I just hope it can be turn around though
    Taylor does have his agenda or it's he can't write WW at all. Even at the start of Injustice when everyone was supposedly themselves, he made Diana horrible. I really hate his writing of her. He just does not get her at all. Booch on the other hand...well she is not exactly WW and Clark is not exactly SM as we would want them but Diana really still retains her core. There still is a sense of sincerity and wanting to make the world better and not the big savage warmongering manipulative bitch factor Taylor wants to push.

I applaud Booch for his take on Diana in Injustice.

As for DK3. I love how Azz writes Diana as a mother given the circumstances in this world. Lara is very interesting ( more than Carrie to me) and Jon is adorable. Kubert's drawing of him is so cute. I am looking forward to the series. Azz's and Dan Didio's resssurance that we will get good SM moments in this series keeps me hopeful regarding him as well.

Our book...our couple in the current canon...sigh. DC did some major damage to them. Deliberately I think , not sure for what but we can speculate. But the rewrites has been so glaring. The readership has just fallen badly this year. Even if they want to change it to a team book, not sure how they going to get people excited to pick that up.
    In addition to Injustice...can you believe Pak who barely acknowledges Diana wrote some good smww moments in Action last week than we've had in smww for ages? What next? Yang recollecting she is part of SM's circle too? Last good smww moments by Tomasi was in #18 and 19. His pages in the annual while I appreciate the Watchtower scene...never really asked for any proposal...but this just felt too little too late.

I'm just watching on and perhaps waiting to see if I need to drop more from my ever shrinking pull list. I guess we can try to be more optimistic but I feel DC/ WBwant to sync with the DCEU and that is all traditional stuff. The way bipolar Johns writes as well, won't be shocked to see next year Diana all sad and not knowing what she wants and then has a near kiss with Batman.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-13-2016 at 05:55 PM.

More DC censor smww, it get the fans creative. hehe.

This better freaking be in Batman v Superman!!! Next to "You're Strong"..."I know"... this would make my day Diana saving Clark.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    This better freaking be in Batman v Superman!!! Next to "You're Strong"..."I know"... this would make my day Diana saving Clark.

The first part of the Lego comic with the fight between Batman and Superman match with what we've seen in the trailers, as for the second part... I don't know... I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    If they did do that, I would hope they release it with Kingdom Come plus the Epilogue panels from JSA-Thy Kingdom Come, I honestly wonder why they didn't have the one thousand year epilogue in the original Kingdom Come, but if they had a special edition, they should put it all in one. The original doesn't need the JSA crossover or the Kingdom to tell the whole story.
    Oh yeah. I definitely agree. It would be awesome to see a special edition of Kingdom Come with the epilogue from JSA Thy Kingdom Come included. That would be pretty boss!

About Dark Knight, I am just going to pretend that Dark Knight Strikes Again didn't happen. It gave me an awful taste in the mouth. And that's on top of how awful it was with Dark Knight Returns, although Superman's dialogue negotiating with the Earth to heal him with plants was perhaps the one redeeming aspect of him in the graphic novel. It feels like Miller hates Superman sometimes, glad he isn't all that in charge of Dark Knight 3.
    I've noticed DKSA has drawn a ton of criticism over the years. Personally, I thought it was pretty decent ... tho the artwork could have possibly been a bit more polished so that its overall look was more consistent with the original. Obviously, the best bit is the epic love scene between Clark and Diana! If DC did an animated version of DKSA with some smoother visuals I'd buy a copy!

As for Miller himself, I don't think he hates Superman, I think he struggles with his fan feelings toward him in a bit of a love/hate way (much like my fan feelings regarding Batman). He said at a recent convention that he'd like to produce a Superman story with Batman as the villain ... I wouldn't mind seeing that
    Last edited by friendly-fire-press; 01-13-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Beautiful artwork by Yanick Paquette. Such a shame (and a bit insulting) that this was cut for being "too sexy". (And they say the overly sensitive Comics Code Authority is no longer a thing?)

This is second time DC Editorial have censored a SMWW scene they deemed "too sexy" (remember Tony Faniels drawing from SMWW #4?) ... Considering they have shown arguably much racier scenes featuring Batman/ Catwoman, Green Arrow/ Black Canary and others ... I can't help but feel like we SMWW fans are sometimes being treated like second-class fans

Instead they did this:

I sometimes feel that way too (about getting a raw deal with some of the bizarre editing/censorship decisions, I mean). Hopefully, the real reason they've been doing this is because they want to wait a bit longer to play that card (it is a pretty big Ace, after all) ... you know, stretch things out, tease us a little, leave the audience hungry for more, that sort of thing. It may not be the case but hopefully it is

BTW Back on the subject of Frank Miller, don't you think these drawings of Superman and Wonder Woman are pretty freaking awesome? I know I do!!

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    I sometimes feel that way too (about getting a raw deal with some of the bizarre editing/censorship decisions, I mean). Hopefully, the real reason they've been doing this is because they want to wait a bit longer to play that card (it is a pretty big Ace, after all) ... you know, stretch things out, tease us a little, leave the audience hungry for more, that sort of thing. It may not be the case but hopefully it is
    Hopefully. But DC needs to figure something out unless it wants to keep alienating those who bought the book. The whole sticking the series, as well as the other titles associated with Superman into crossover events so frequently gets annoying. And either they change the declining sales issue, or this may go the way of Superman: Lois and Clark. Hopefully some have the patience to sit through seeing the relationship have a roadblock and resume later. (Someone pointed out holding hands in the crater in Action Comics #48 to me, which could be a hint. But I doubt a lot of the audience has the patience to wait through plot twists before they blow off steam.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Hopefully. But DC needs to figure something out unless it wants to keep alienating those who bought the book. The whole sticking the series, as well as the other titles associated with Superman into crossover events so frequently gets annoying. And either they change the declining sales issue, or this may go the way of Superman: Lois and Clark. Hopefully some have the patience to sit through seeing the relationship have a roadblock and resume later. (Someone pointed out holding hands in the crater in Action Comics #48 to me, which could be a hint. But I doubt a lot of the audience has the patience to wait through plot twists before they blow off steam.
    Yeah. For all we know it could be a hint that Greg Pak may become the new writer for SMWW at some point in the future (just speculating)

btw I agree with your earlier comment about crossovers getting annoying ... I think pretty much everyone shares those feelings

by bucfan98

SM_WW-28-var.jpg SMWW 28 Variant! JRJR themed month

Ugh....Hate that guys art.