Page 441 of 929 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 13927

The positive there is that surely this regime won't be in charge forever. I just hope that whenever this group runs out of its nine lives cocking everything up, there's enough to salavage for a new regime. I might be too burned out by that time to ever bother coming back, but for future fans they can experience something close to a Superman that the people who own him are actually proud of again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    It will probably go on past our comic reading lifetime I think - the comic books will keep limping along and Kal-El (in any incarnation) has sufficient dedicated fans that will forgive anything and keep reading. More power to them! They truly love the character - DC will keep on with its reboots (in some or other incarnation) and the comics will keep selling - I am however of similar mind as you
    My active reading lifetime is winding down, but maybe I should find a Superman with kids Avatar or something, because while the children are a treasure, tough to collect with them around. But hey, why not celebrate with my hardcover edition of KC this May.

Wow, DC just really plain old sucks. Anything interesting they shot themselves on the foot to make it "better".

From issue 6.

Ah, those were the days!

Is it really over?

Tomasi:
    The story ain't over folks. Oh ye of little faith...
    Question is, how do we take it. Is he trying to tell us New 52 Superman isn't going to be permanently gone? It would seem that way as it was in direct response to complaints over that in particular. But on the other hand is just trying to urge people to read what happens and hope they acclimate. I dunno. I guess I at least give him some credit though for trying to communicate to the degree of which is he able to the New 52 fanbase. We're being completely ignored by DC at large.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Tomasi:

Question is, how do we take it. Is he trying to tell us New 52 Superman isn't going to be permanently gone? It would seem that way as it was in direct response to complaints over that in particular. But on the other hand is just trying to urge people to read what happens and hope they acclimate. I dunno. I guess I at least give him some credit though for trying to communicate to the degree of which is he able to the New 52 fanbase. We're being completely ignored by DC at large.
    It's pretty much a similar message to what Spider-Man readers got during the later part of the Clone saga. "Peter Parker isn't Spider-Man right now. Ben is the one true and original and he will be the Spider-Man." At that time you didn't know what was going to happen, at least that is what my cousin who collected during that time told me, and he didn't even finish the Clone saga. People were left with the idea that after suffering through a bunch of crap, and a strained relationship with MJ (Threat of Separation) that Peter was going to die and Ben replace him. Now it is a matter of a native Superman getting filled in for, how long? Will he die? Permanent role reversal with his supporting cast? The only appealing possible part I see is him acting as a weak 1938 type of Superman in the poorer regions of the world, if even that. Maybe part of his cast finds out and leaves him there to do things. But even that's confusing, so I really don't get what's going on. I don't need complexity in comics right now, I need some kind of light hearted entertainment, and the ending of Superman movies with Reeve in all their goofiness would do that.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 03-30-2016 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Is it really over?
    Who would be left to get comics after the "Superdad" transition is done?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Is it really over?
    Well, I guess no one can be 100% certain, but it looks that way IMO (I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am)

It would be nice at least if they (DC) gave us a SMWW mini series during this upcoming Rehash/ Rebirth thing ... after all, they did a lois & clark mini series not long ago ... it's only fair, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Who would be left to get comics after the "Superdad" transition is done?
    Not many. The old retro "Superdad" version of the character is just a relic of a bygone era ... The N52 Superman will always be the true Superman in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Well, I guess no one can be 100% certain, but it looks that way IMO (I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am)

It would be nice at least if they (DC) gave us a SMWW mini series during this upcoming Rehash/ Rebirth thing ... after all, they did a lois & clark mini series not long ago ... it's only fair, right?

Not many. The old retro "Superdad" version of the character is just a relic of a bygone era ... The N52 Superman will always be the true Superman in my eyes
    It would be nice if DC went back to using the multiverse a little more. That way, they could write stories involving the Elseworlds tales or sequels to the Elseworlds tales. I mean, it's not like something could be written about Earth-22, such as their Jon and his four siblings becoming something, as it is implied thst they did. Or what happened in the case of Bruce Kent ending up becoming a Green Lantern,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Tomasi:

Tomasi has not shown the fans any reason to keep faith. His run in Truth started okay and then got worse and worse. He is only doing his job and that is fine. But he never instilled any faith in the fandom with his interviews nor the theme he was running with in the book. I don't love you anymore. That should have been a warning bell. We were just too gullible and wanting to hope DC wouldn't be that stupid. But I think they are being influenced by the Batman v Superman movie. Which in the long run is not going to help them. The reviews have savaged the movie in particular Lois and Superman. Anyway I wouldn't trust anything Tomasi has to say. Even if Superman is out for a short time...in comics that can equal to years. No way I am supporting any book with this Superman. In fact I will be sitting out of DC. And the only reason he answered is because people tagged him. He could not ignore it. He wants people to pick up Super League. That is all there is to it. His idea of romance is having Clark and Diana say we're a good team tossed in among mindless repetitive action. Faith is earned. Not given blindly.

The JL vs TT movie it seems has some very heart warming SM x WW moments. Better than TOA and War. They are not long or many but the heart and content is there. So pick that one up, gang!!! In it Clark and Diana had a date night and I think Diana must have gone to see BM v SM judging by her reaction to it.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-30-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Just found this from LA Times

But before any announcements were underway, there was an apology. Co-publisher Dan Didio addressed the DC-centric crowd, giving a mea culpa on The New 52, which relaunched many core titles. Though it did "some good things," said Didio, it seemed that feedback from the fans, mixed with concern coming from creators, caused the powers that be to rethink every title and character in the comics stable.

“We talked about the New 52, but something was missing. You felt it, and over time, we felt it too,” said Didio. “Why? Well, sometimes you lose your way. The whole purpose [of this event] is to show you, the fans, our commitment to you.”

The cover to Action Comics got some gasps from the crowd as you see Superman battling a Superman-suit-clad Lex Luthor. Lex will be vying to be Metropolis’ Superman whle Kal-El is off in other countries. Dan Jurgens will continue the story of "Superman: Lois and Clark."
    Gene Luen Yang’s "New Superman" will take a trip to China -- Shanghai to be exact, but he’s not the main character here. Kenji Khan gets infused with Superman’s power... But he doesn’t have Superman’s mind or emotions.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...326-story.html
    Yeah, but I thought that Kal-El was the Lois & Clark one, not new52 Superman.

EDIT: also, were this the new52 Superman, why other countries? Why not other planets/ galaxies/ dimensions/ whatever?

Oh, I'm so reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Tomasi has not shown the fans any reason to keep faith. His run in Truth started okay and then got worse and worse. He is only doing his job and that is fine. But he never instilled any faith in the fandom with his interviews nor the theme he was running with in the book. I don't love you anymore. That should have been a warning bell. We were just too gullible and wanting to hope DC wouldn't be that stupid. But I think they are being influenced by the Batman v Superman movie. Which in the long run is not going to help them. The reviews have savaged the movie in particular Lois and Superman. Anyway I wouldn't trust anything Tomasi has to say. Even if Superman is out for a short time...in comics that can equal to years. No way I am supporting any book with this Superman. In fact I will be sitting out of DC. And the only reason he answered is because people tagged him. He could not ignore it. He wants people to pick up Super League. That is all there is to it. His idea of romance is having Clark and Diana say we're a good team tossed in among mindless repetitive action. Faith is earned. Not given blindly.

The JL vs TT movie it seems has some very heart warming SM x WW moments. Better than TOA and War. They are not long or many but the heart and content is there. So pick that one up, gang!!! In it Clark and Diana had a date night and I think Diana must have gone to see BM v SM judging by her reaction to it.
    After all this time, to me anyways, the animated film Superman: Doomsday remains the superior movie . Superman: Doomsday clearly showed a Superman who handled a battle with Doomsday better than what was scripted in Dawn of Justice. It also made Superman a standalone hero in that film, putting more pressure for him to take immediate action.

DC is sad by its own moves because it shows how little it cares when the going gets tough for their own character, and plenty of fanfics could have told a better story then DC giving up because their writers run wild and/or editorial not willing to speak up and tell WB that material for movies is best done as an adaptation of stories published in comics, not the other way around.

I liked JL v. TT especially the voices and especially Superman having some "child" in his heart. Almost want to think that Earth 22 had some of that character in him.

Rosario Dawson has an amazing voice. I know this is just wishful thinking, but I hope she voices Wonder Woman again, her voice was amazing in both TOA and JL v TT.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 03-30-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Don't give them your money, people. DC don't deserve it. They played games with the smww fandom during DCYOU, then Tomasi kept making empty promises and Superman editorial running the book into the ground. Truth was abysmal for smww fans if you look back at the way the arc progressed and the end of the arc last issue. Tomasi did not deliver.

Who is to say he will again with SuperLeague or whatever the heck he is writing come Rebirth? I am not going to blindly go into DC and subscribe. That is like throwing your money away. Also feels like they want to sucker you in to buy old Superman while promising the younger one is out there somewhere and might come back. Don't give them your money. It is a product you're buying. You're a paying customer. Not a fool. They reward fans who don't buy because they whine louder. Give them money for a book you enjoy , not the vain hope it might have a few crumbs to throw at you. They did that to us pre new 52 and I am not doing that again. No way. The new 52 characters walked the walk for 5 years and its not fair to throw new 52 Superman aside for a version that brings nothing new to the narrative. We had him depowered in Truth. Not that crap again if some of the speculation is to be believed he is depowered and travelling.

For now we have the animated movie. Fan fic. Fan communities. Fan art etc. Maybe DK3. If and when DC really want our money they will pander to us like they do the other fandom with their writer getting interviews left right and center and so forth. Right now seems they want something else. Let them do what they think they need to do to "make comics great again". It's a matter of time the same thing happens with the Superman line. You can't take what was already broken to fix a problem. It's the fixers that need fixing.
    Indeed. Here I thought it was enough to bring PF Lois & Clark (with a son) to keep that segment of the fans happy, while trying to make the SMWW relationship prosper (as they should have, dammit). Marriage? Down the line, why not? But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... The idiots did something completely stupid. Oh well...