Page 501 of 929 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 13927

Oh and there better be a KISS in this Last Kiss...is all I'm saying.

Guess it is only fair
    She has openly said again and again how she loves him
    Time for Clark to step up and be the Superman we know - give us another memorable panel after the atom split in Power Couple

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I'll put up the pages.

Diana is calm here. The way Pelletier drew WW in AC #51, she looked ready for a fight against Clark... "Tell me... Do you LOVE me? You WILL!!!" (someone should do a meme of it.)

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Diana is calm here. The way Pelletier drew WW in AC #51, she looked ready for a fight against Clark... "Tell me... Do you LOVE me? You WILL!!!" (someone should do a meme of it.)
    And now I have that "Do You Love Me?" Song stuck in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    Guess it is only fair
    She has openly said again and again how she loves him
    Time for Clark to step up and be the Superman we know - give us another memorable panel after the atom split in Power Couple
    Said it?!!! Her actions of saving his butt however many times after he told her something offensive speak louder than "I love you".

Does anyone get a bad feeling that the DCAMU might do a simplified Death and Return of New 52 Superman? I sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Does anyone get a bad feeling that the DCAMU might do a simplified Death and Return of New 52 Superman? I sure hope not.
    Ugg. Hope not.

Ugg. Hope not.
    They at least try to keep DCAMU simple. So I think they will skip it.

Must say I like Bene's art and Sinclair's colors.

Must say I like Bene's art and Sinclair's colors.

I can't lie, I am hoping for a great ending scene. But here's a scene of getting back to life, joy, and happiness...

KingdomComeTPB-200.jpg
    KingdomComeTPB-201.jpg

Hopefully they won't half ass it and actually do a nice farewell for the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    To be honest I think they already do realize its popular. I don't think they ever stopped believing it was popular, hence why I don't think its gone for good. Its just taking a break. They don't want to permanently tie these two characters down of which I can understand. Its already happened to Superman once and in the long term it damaged him and the character he was tied down to. Don't want to do that again with another partner. So it probably will be an on and off situation like this. I definitely don't think its done. Just done for the short-term, especially since Superman is going to be off the table completely for a while.
    They might show up animated possibly one more time. DCAMU isn't likely going to pull off something complicated and they aren't anywhere near as devoted to Superman canon as to Batman or Justice League. Not saying that DCAMU is not influenced at all by the DCNU, but at the same time, they need to keep things simple, and I don't know if you have mentioned this yet, but Rebirth comes across to me as an event that will not last forever, but it's a big advertising gimmick like anything else. I get the feeling that we get two Supermen, and if that at least gets some people to calm down about how they don't have "their Superman" I am fine with it. I can get mine, or maybe some people can actually enjoy both.

It is the most used and cliched troupe though. The will they/won't they. It's why many couples CAN'T make the transition to being interesting when they are hooked up. So in a way I am glad to see DC went into the relationship and explored tensions in it. You know, like a real relationship? So there are flaws in what you want as well. I think it's kind of lazy too because it means writers don't really know how to write a compelling relationship. Plus old canon Superman imo was a bit of an a-hole many a time to WW like Sacrifice. He didn't deserve her friendship much less more is how I came out of that story. Him being married and there being sexual tension still end of the day is a dead end because nothing can come out of it. Diana always got the raw deal like Immortal Beloved. That was not a good story and it did nothing for her. I don't want DC doing that crap if new 52 Superman never comes back. The idea they could use her to play some stupid tension with the pre new 52 one because she was wih a guy who looked like him etc. He is not her Clark and that his not his Diana. It would cheapen it immensely to me. Plus Diana could more than likely move on, right? And if he comes back you think won't use the chance to hook him back up with Lois? A slow build is fine but DC not really commiting to it as the status quo means...anything can play off and they don't have interact much at all. ...yeah I won't be buying DC Comics blindly. Sorry.I did that pre new 52 with some books and was willing to give it a shot in the new 52. They suprisingly hooked them up and gave us a series...badly managed after Soule left. Gone are the days I buy in hope I get a moment. I did that enough. I get a glance and think it means something. Or an implied hug means more than it does. Seriously? We want to go back to that silliness? After we has a full on meaning full relationship? What you liked was just DC giving us crumbs. A bone because nothing else can happen. It was very frustrating. I get they don't want them tied down but I would like some effort put into their relationship even if they were on the off...ie we see how much they still have trust and faith in each other...the extent they would stand by each other...heck even some jealousy from others interested in them romatically because they have a past and there is a sense of things unresolved....things to show that they have a connection between them that stands out. And I want something from DC...honoring their relationship. Some DC creators go on and on about him and LL sometimes just because of tradition not even because the stories are that good...well after such a major shift and change in the new 52...the least we could get if he comes back...is writers acknowledge it and that DC does view it as an important part of the characters history and can't just be swept under the rug.
    I would prefer that the fact that the relationship happened be part of the history of the character, because it happened, and the fact that it happened means it will have effects. If they want to do a double hookup of the same relationship, that's just creepy beyond reason to me, and it would be cheap given that there's no wait before shackling Superman down. I wouldn't mind some time off again to get some bearings. I personally have no desire to give up on New 52 Superman, and wouldn't like him to be stupidly destined over and over, it's essentially asking me to leave, and to me, it is creepy. They can have different Supermen for different relationships, if that calms down the other side and lets me enjoy my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    You can try, but be it 16 signatures or 16,000 signatures its not going to affect anything. Snyder is directing JL Part 1, no doubt about it. WB's stance is that he gets one last shot for some reason and if he doesn't deliver then he's gone. Again that doesn't make much sense as I don't know why you allow him to make a bigger mess out of things before pulling the plug, but that's their decision. A poll won't change it.

It'd be the same thing if one tried a petition for the comics. Online petitions are quite useless.
    By the time BvS came out, JL part 1 was already in the pipeline. Outting Snyder deep into pre-production would seriously affect WB stock prices (among other things). These are tentpole films. LOT of money on the line.

btw, I find it interesting that you still think n52 Supes is returning... I admire your positivity, but I see no point in DC doing so, past storylines notwithstanding. Even if he did return, he wouldn't as Superman (there is already a replacement), and he wouldn't return to Diana either. By then you can bet the characters would have moved on in some way or another. My main gripe about the whole Rebirth ordeal is that the Trinity is now fractured. There is a new superman who has no connection to the other characters (friendship or otherwise). That is just wrong. It isolates Superman. And it isolates Diana even more than she already is. But my gut tells me this is intentional.

I am really glad Ed Benes is on this one. He always likes drawing them together as a couple, unlike Mahnke.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    They might show up animated possibly one more time. DCAMU isn't likely going to pull off something complicated and they aren't anywhere near as devoted to Superman canon as to Batman or Justice League. Not saying that DCAMU is not influenced at all by the DCNU, ....
    Keep on the lookout. The announcements concerning the DCAU after The Killing Joke are crucial. I know WBA is looking to reboot the Teen Titans, and if in that verse they decide our SM and WW still exist then we have a chance they continue.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.