Page 503 of 929 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I am starting to wonder what will happen in Dark Knight 3, I am beginning to think that maybe it is a team up of two families when those Kandorians end up coming out.
    I hope so. Them killing Superman in the new 52...I am dreading they make Lara cross a line. Make her a villain. Which would be a shame.

The 2nd print cover for SMWW 28.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Not to stray too far from the thread's subject matter, how do you comics readers (especially long-time readers) deal with the anxiety and frustration of reading comics when they do stuff that threatened things you like? The "death" of Nu-52 Superman, SMWW being ....you know; brings me a lot of anxiety. I haven't cared about a comics characters and what goes on with editorial and writing before, now I feel anxiety. How do you deal with that?
    I mean, some of you here have been in the days of Post-Crisis SM being subtly implied having a thing with his verse's WW. All the while writing fanfics and stuff, even in those days.
    I still read the SMWW-related fanfics but now also watch comedy/family TV shows to offset my anxiety. Maybe I'm one of those hardcore shippers. Dry-retched a couple of times over the current Rebirth thing.
    At this point, writers like Wentworth360 should make comics with SM, BM & WW and the rest of the DC verse. Another case of the published "legitimate" things being less entertaining and less enjoyable than fanfiction.
    Oh you learn how to ignore. I mean we've had no choice. SM was married pre new 52. We really only had Elseworld stufff. Plus in other media like TV and movies we learned as well to ignore. Look at the DCEU. They have 0 for us but I can go into the cinema and look at the movies...totally ignore the coupling in MOS, BM v SM as I did Superman Returns. Helps they were not that great either. Then you read fics and enjoy art and the communities. It sucks a little bit more they taking the Superman we love in Rebirth for one we really don't care that much for. I use to like pre new 52 Supes for a while there even though he was married. I use to like his and Diana's friendship a lot but then bad runs happened like Rucka's and Grounded etc and now I truly don't give a hoot for him. He's feels too much of a hypocrite. Jurgens doesn't help matters the way he was shoehorned into the verse and hiding and judging others etc and now replacing our SM for him. Maybe DC might write us something like a mini but I wouldn't hold my breath. For one not many writers seem very creative when it comes to looking at the stuff you can do with SMWW...together. The fan fic writers seem to have waaay better imaginations that can run riot with the colliding of two worlds of smww.

Trolling Bats continue.

A little late but RIP Prince.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

Trolling Bats continue.

A little late but RIP Prince.

FairyKitsch is hillarious.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Oh you learn how to ignore. I mean we've had no choice. SM was married pre new 52. We really only had Elseworld stufff. Plus in other media like TV and movies we learned as well to ignore. Look at the DCEU. They have 0 for us but I can go into the cinema and look at the movies...totally ignore the coupling in MOS, BM v SM as I did Superman Returns. Helps they were not that great either. Then you read fics and enjoy art and the communities. It sucks a little bit more they taking the Superman we love in Rebirth for one we really don't care that much for. I use to like pre new 52 Supes for a while there even though he was married. I use to like his and Diana's friendship a lot but then bad runs happened like Rucka's and Grounded etc and now I truly don't give a hoot for him. He's feels too much of a hypocrite. Jurgens doesn't help matters the way he was shoehorned into the verse and hiding and judging others etc and now replacing our SM for him. Maybe DC might write us something like a mini but I wouldn't hold my breath. For one not many writers seem very creative when it comes to looking at the stuff you can do with SMWW...together. The fan fic writers seem to have waaay better imaginations that can run riot with the colliding of two worlds of smww.
    The same is true of creativity and Superman in general as well. I mean, the problem with him in the past decade was how they pretty much tore down his friendships for no good reason, made him a douche, then they stuffed him into Crossover Events, now there are more Crossover Events and more implied to come with Rebirth as well. I don't get what Didio and/or Berganza is thinking with the whole Crossover Event material: it isn't going to keep working magic forever. As for now, well, the best probably is the Anniversary Edition for those like me who don't have a physical copy.

Just thought of a cheesy SMWW moment.
    Clark singing "Some Kind of Wonderful" by Grand Funk Railroad, karaoke style.
    Even better, it's done in a church accompanied in chorus by a gospel choir.
    "She's some kind of Wonderful!"
    Clark must have a Super kind of voice to reach the high notes, heh.

All-New Member

Just thought of a cheesy SMWW moment.
    Clark singing "Some Kind of Wonderful" by Grand Funk Railroad, karaoke style.
    Even better, it's done in a church accompanied in chorus by a gospel choir.
    "She's some kind of Wonderful!"
    Clark must have a Super kind of voice to reach the high notes, heh.
    Well with that purple rain ray I'm sure its possible,
    RIP prince, though both will be missed

Currently watching SM/BM: Apocalypse. Recommended by a list to wait out Afterbirth.
    2 words: Unnecessary. conflicts.
    Strength-training and strength-gauging by SM & WW.
    Senses training by SM. Maybe even BM.
    Heat-vision, breath by SM.
    Tactics and strategy by WW.
    Getting used to normal life and disguises - SM.
    Can hide SG in Themyscira.
    Do not get why sword-training was there. SG doesn't kill.
    Sidenote, the movie was more proof why I don't want DC to use Doomsday anymore in the near future. DD was a goon-level threat, now.
    Liked Tim Daly as SM's voice, though. And WW's.
    Last edited by A Guy's Name; 04-25-2016 at 09:08 PM.

All-New Member

Wouldn't it be super if he asked asked her to marry him in the final moments, probably not but... go out with a bang right

Quote Originally Posted by Justin232 View Post
    Wouldn't it be super if he asked asked her to marry him in the final moments, probably not but... go out with a bang right
    Ask to marry her? No.
    Mentioned the desire to marry her? (Add in if he just had a couple more years with her, instead of....May 25th) Yes. Tears in her eyes, their loving gazes at each other's eyes. I never meant to cause you any sorrow, I never meant to cause you any pain
    Go out with a bang? Yes. (*eyebrow wiggle*)
    Of course, ideally, something of an apology for Truth from SM is welcomed too.
    A confirmation of Kal's and Diana's love for each other, them being in love is what I really want from Tomasi, at this point. Hope this is what he meant by fans being happy.
    Last edited by A Guy's Name; 04-25-2016 at 09:52 PM.

She got frustrated and disappointed with DC's handling of the couple since DCYOU. The forced drama with the ooc behaviour of Clark and his treatment of Diana and inconsistent tone (eg Yang writing what he wants) she did her last chaps with the couple reconciling. Now they killing new 52 Clark I don't know if she will write again. That prob be the last straw for her. (She is a writer as well. Like Radone and Rude Cherub.) I think the new 52 reboot and SMWW brought her into DC and now DC regressing to pander to the meat and potato crowd...she's not a fan of the old status quo so she more than likely could be done with DC. She always maintained you could write good drama with them as a couple having to grow together and face external challenges as a team etc and not having to make them doing ooc things and forcing things the way Truth did. I would like to see more of her work. She writes well and can do alot of truly interesting AU stuff. Her End of Days is a real favorite of mine. Hope if she gets some free time in the future and inspiration she writes something to add to the very good body of smww fics.
    That's a DAMN shame! I like her stuff. Hopefully, she comes back. Writing SMWW free from canon as well as using canon because SMWW is still there.

Anyone know what happened to NWHS from fanfiction.net? Never saw another SMWW chapter or any other fanfiction from that user.
    got disgusted with the direction taken by DC

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    got disgusted with the direction taken by DC
    I don't blame them really. Look I can accept the fact that the relationship wasn't going to last forever, but making us suffer the entire year and all we get out of it is to watch the adventures of whippedman and his super special awesome son from an old continuity just isn't something i want to be a part of.