Page 520 of 929 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    According to the article, "Superman as a Father". in the Superman wiki, it was Jonathan Elliot in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
    Ah I see. Okay. Then SMWW child should have a different name if this was his and Lois' first born name. But again they stick the name Jon onto the little boy in DK3. lol. How many Jons will we have running around...lol.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Ah so our Hyperman was the first child called Jon? I thought as much. I take it the boy from KC is Jon too because they sort of the same kid, just maybe a different timestream? But really DC should have left him as the only Jon. Find different names for the others. I wouldn't really count Jonathan Elliot because Jon was named in honor of Jonathan Kent. Hyperman is known as Jonathan Kent the 11 I think.. That kid there of his and Lois in WHTTMOT didn't have a name if I recall. I still don't get the reason for him and Lois to have kids like they have them. Saying its comics and suddenly he can have kids with humans just like that sort of takes away from the whole he is an alien thing. The don't even give a feasible fantasy pseudo science explantion. I can still put it down to Diana's magical elements in my mind or her Gods etc.
    It was a post-crisis invention that they couldn't have kids. They have since removed that over the appeal to bring back offended people who left over there not being the married status quo.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ah so our Hyperman was the first child called Jon? I thought as much. I take it the boy from KC is Jon too because they sort of the same kid, just maybe a different timestream? But really DC should have left him as the only Jon. Find different names for the others. I wouldn't really count Jonathan Elliot because Jon was named in honor of Jonathan Kent. Hyperman is known as Jonathan Kent the 11 I think..
    Yeah, the two kid from KC and the Kingdom can be seen as the same character from 2 different timestream.

That kid there of his and Lois in WHTTMOT didn't have a name if I recall.
    It's called Jonathan: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100826034940

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The latest rumors is really disappointing. Cavill might just have very small part. Appear at he end. So another movie where SM and WW barely will have anything to say to each other. What a waste of Gal and Henry. I am so curious to see them interact and Zack seems to be keeping them from sharing any scenes. That is nuts since canon SMWW have always been either very close allies, best friends or lovers.
    Don't believe to the 4chan rumors. I'm sure he'll be already back at the beginning of the 2nd act. It's... logic, trust me.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-01-2016 at 07:35 PM.

The latest rumors is really disappointing. Cavill might just have very small part. Appear at he end. So another movie where SM and WW barely will have anything to say to each other. What a waste of Gal and Henry. I am so curious to see them interact and Zack seems to be keeping them from sharing any scenes. That is nuts since canon SMWW have always been either very close allies, best friends or lovers.
    I always liked Superman as a founding member. I hated a lot of his portrayal in Justice League Bruce Timm, but what's funny is how it was Superman who came up with the name Justice League in that series. He won't even do that . While JL vs TT was obviously about TT, well, he at least was able to act lead for Barry and Diana in that one.

It was a post-crisis invention that they couldn't have kids. They have since removed that over the appeal to bring back offended people who left over there not being the married status quo.
    So Kryptonians can just knock up earthlings and have the same pregnancy as we do and no issues what so ever. Got it. They should just make him a meteor freak and done with it. Calling him an alien is pointless. Let SM be human and get powers like the Flash got his externally. DC clearly don't know how to use the alien origin to keep some pathos in the mythology. Last son of Krypton. LOL yeah.
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-01-2016 at 07:41 PM.

I always liked Superman as a founding member. I hated a lot of his portrayal in Justice League Bruce Timm, but what's funny is how it was Superman who came up with the name Justice League in that series. He won't even do that . While JL vs TT was obviously about TT, well, he at least was able to act lead for Barry and Diana in that one.
    Superman (like Cap in the MCU) should be the heart of the JL and DCU. Zack is taking it from him because he wants to pimp Batman. Hope when Civil War breaks a billion WB wakes up. You can't have a Team called Batman. It was cool to see Superman take the leadership role in JL vs TT and show his smarts. The latter we don't see much. Look I like Cavill but I feel they smothering the guy. Not letting him show his charisma and not even giving him good lines...and face it, DCEU Clark and Kal isn't very bright.

I hope the animated verse keep new 52 Superman and the smww romance. It would be terrible if they go down the Rebirth path. Those SM animated movies are not very good and they don't sell as well as the JL and BM ones.
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-01-2016 at 07:42 PM.

So Kryptonians can just knock up earthlings and have the same pregnancy as we do and no issues what so ever. Got it.
    I prefer Superman as a Father in Elseworlds to be honest. Keeps certain things open to the imagination as far as his ending is concerned. I know it may sound wierd but I grew up with a certain status quo, but I kind of felt like other ones wouldn't be bad either.

Superman (like Cap in the MCU) should be the heart of the JL and DCU. Zack is taking it from him because he wants to pimp Batman. Hope when Civil War breaks a billion WB wakes up. You can't have a Team called Batman. It was cool to see Superman take the leadership role in JL vs TT and show his smarts. The latter we don't see much. Look I like Cavill but I feel they smothering the guy. Not letting him show his charisma and not even giving him good lines...and face it he wasn't very bright.

I hope the animated verse keep new 52 Superman and the smww romance. It would be terrible if they go down the Rebirth path. Those SM animated movies are not very good and they don't sell as well as the JL and BM ones.
    I have said it before but I can say it again. I will always prefer KC over TDKR, because in KC, everybody wins.

There was a SM animated movie that did well, but that was years ago called Superman: Doomsday.

I liked Cavill overall in MoS, but it felt like they turned him and Bat fleck into real idiots in DOJ, and I mean made both be idiots in that movie, I could go on, but NC and Angry Joe laid out the big plot problems in an entertaining manner.

I would like either of these characters to be a point of emphasis like Aquaman was in Throne of Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Best: Kingdom Come
    Worst: JL: Act of God
    Act of God has the most awkward baby announcement I have ever seen.

hey here i was randomly thinking sillyness and then i thought

"why wont they name their child Atlas"

after all, being heroees they do carry the weight of the world in their backs

yeah, its a silly random though

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post

I like it. You are a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post

Nah, it'll be REAL silly if they named their child as Truth, Justice and The American Way.

So Kryptonians can just knock up earthlings and have the same pregnancy as we do and no issues what so ever. Got it. They should just make him a meteor freak and done with it. Calling him an alien is pointless. Let SM be human and get powers like the Flash got his externally. DC clearly don't know how to use the alien origin to keep some pathos in the mythology. Last son of Krypton. LOL yeah.
    Indeed, the big thing that turns me off to a superhero is one, finality in ongoing continuity, and 2, wish fulfillment. I came to grow out of seeing Superman as only one possible final story years ago. I wouldn't mind seeing the possibility of him with Lyla, Lana, or Diana at this point.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 05-02-2016 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Nah, it'll be REAL silly if they named their child as Truth, Justice and The American Way.
    Hey TJA, get Krypto back in his super-kennel, because it"s dinner time!!