Page 621 of 929 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631671721 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 13927
    BANNED

These have probably been posted here already, but it never hurts to repeat, to make up for the off-topic post.

http://fenixio-del-sol.deviantart.co...M-WW-570914760

http://fenixio-del-sol.deviantart.co...nion-566923786

http://fenixio-del-sol.deviantart.co...orld-575071886

Incredible Member

I know this is very unlikely, but would you guys be in favor of an out of continuity book about superman and wonder woman and their relationship? I only ask due to developments in other companies and within DC before they decided to throw the baby out with the bath water.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I know this is very unlikely, but would you guys be in favor of an out of continuity book about superman and wonder woman and their relationship? I only ask due to developments in other companies and within DC before they decided to throw the baby out with the bath water.
    Of course. The ideal would be if 52 Diana 'unmerged' from Rebirth Diana, 52 Clark resurrected and they both went to Earth 2. These are 2 characters that DC built for the last 5 years and a couple that still sold better than books that were not cancelled after 1 year of doom-and-gloom. But even as I write this it makes me realize how impossible this is.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-17-2016 at 04:14 PM.

Dark times are ahead my friends.

It doesn't have to be dark as long as writers don't pile on. I enjoyed just the thought of the two together before it was even the most remote of possibilities in an actual canon, and where it was only possible in various elseworlds tales. I can go back there again. Just don't constantly crap on me as a Superman reader who also happened to like it when it DID happen in canon. I don't want to be reading a Superman story and have the experience derailed by stupid and immature meta shots.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It doesn't have to be dark as long as writers don't pile on. I enjoyed just the thought of the two together before it was even the most remote of possibilities in an actual canon, and where it was only possible in various elseworlds tales. I can go back there again. Just don't constantly crap on me as a Superman reader who also happened to like it when it DID happen in canon. I don't want to be reading a Superman story and have the experience derailed by stupid and immature meta shots.
    Unfortunately, a certain writer never misses a chance to diminish the couple. For example, in his Convergence: Booster Gold #1 there's this dialogue between Booster Gold and Rip Hunter:

Rip: I'm still trying to figure where, exactly, you're from.

Booster: Earth, by way of 25th and 21st century. Home of heroes like Batman, Superman and his main squeeze Wonder...

Rip: Superman and Wonder Woman a couple? How is that possible? I've studied the multiverse, which your self and I discovered by the way... Yet I have no idea what you're talking about!

Booster: You're saying that my universe doesn't matter?

I think you have to study better the multiverse, Rip. In the same comic there is also a stab at the new52 Superman that unlike the other Supermen, he doesn't take the call of his fellow heroes. "Your Superman would ignore you?"
    #rolleyes
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-17-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Unfortunately, a certain writer never misses a chance to diminish the couple. For example, in his Convergence: Booster Gold #1 there's this dialogue between Booster Gold and Rip Hunter:

Booster: Earth, by way of 25th and 21st century. Home of heroes like Batman, Superman and his main squeeze Wonder...

Rip: Superman and Wonder Woman a couple? How is that possible? I've studied the multiverse, which your self and I discovered by the way... Yet I have no idea what you're talking about!

I think you have to study better the multiverse, Rip. In the same comic there is also a stab at the new52 Superman that unlike the other Supermen, he doesn't take the call of his fellow heroes. "Your Superman would ignore you?"
    #rolleyes
    It says something really that in order to show how great something is you have to tear down other ideas opposing it. Because my definition of greatness is something that shines on its own and is open to other aspects and ideas and doesn't need to laugh at them to prove anything, but that's just me, I don't know how you guys feel about it.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

It says something really that in order to show how great something is you have to tear down other ideas opposing it. Because my definition of greatness is something that shines on its own and is open to other aspects and ideas and doesn't need to laugh at them to prove anything, but that's just me, I don't know how you guys feel about it.
    If you feel that a story, comic, movie, etc. is being offensive, or trying to take potshots at you and/or your preferences, the obvious option is to not buy it. You have the ultimate say in your own entertainment. That is that.

As for taking potshots, that is also what they did in Post-Crisis DC, quite a lot of it, so it's mostly just them being their good ol' selves. I am not the fanboy enough to demand things be my way, if something isn't too my liking, or feels like offensive meta statements, I move to another option, just like I have done other times in the past.

I agree with your definition.
    Last edited by suemorphplus209; 08-18-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Given the state of things at DC, both in terms of creators and resources, I am going to say no.

BANNED

#rolleyes
    Is this word for word? Or are you 'embellishing' the dialogue?

edit: Found it.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...-2015-page-11/

Wow. Just wow. So...

In the same comic there is also a stab at the new52 Superman that unlike the other Supermen, he doesn't take the call of his fellow heroes. "Your Superman would ignore you?"
    #rolleyes
    What the heck does he even mean with that? Did Clark forget to pay his phone subscription? What else? 52 Supes was ugly, silly and dumb?

It's amazing the amount of pathetically empty and meaningless stuff I've been seeing thrown againt 52 Supes these last few weeks. Affirmations that are completely pathetic, as we can counter then with DOZENS of scans to prove them wrong.

I agree completely with you. I've been noticing something these last few weeks.

(Not me, as I never stopped ranting and raving about the Batgod and the treatement of PC Supes by DC/Warner)

But, Superman fans and creators rarely ever compare Superman to other characters, tearing these other character down. Tell the truth, I can't even really remember something equivalent to this scene by Last Son of Krypton. Fans and creators of other characters need, they need to compare their characters to Superman, frequently with a bit of poison in the mix. Especially where the 'Trinity' is concerned, which makes me think that the 'Trinity' is a DOA concept, as there's just too much creator bias and venom for it to really work as a sincere concept.

It makes me damn proud of the Superman fandom.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-18-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Is this word for word? Or are you 'embellishing' the dialogue?
    Word for word. See here: http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-conte...15-Page-11.jpg

Edit: you beat me to post it.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-18-2016 at 12:45 PM.

double post

What the heck does he even mean with that? Did Clark forget to pay his phone subscription? What else? 52 Supes was ugly, silly and dumb?

It's amazing the amount of pathetically empty and meaningless stuff I've been seeing thrown againt 52 Supes these last few weeks. Affirmations that are completely pathetic, as we can counter then with DOZENS of scans to prove them wrong.
    It feels so unprofessional and childish.

BANNED

It feels so unprofessional and childish.
    It's incredibly bewildering, as we SM/WW fans were clamoring for a crossover with Diana's world, and fans like me have been begging for a crossover where Superman actually helps Batman in Gotham, instead of being spat on the face. It's the other creators that don't want Superman in their books. And then the character gets blamed for this.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/martia...eague-1697039/

There we go. Just one quick example of Superman not ignoring his friends.

It's incredibly bewildering, as we SM/WW fans were clamoring for a crossover with Diana's world, and fans like me have been begging for a crossover where Superman actually helps Batman in Gotham, instead of being spat on the face. It's the other creators that don't want Superman in their books. And then the character gets blamed for this.
    Um, actually the writer of Convergence: Booster Gold isn't some "other creator" is a Superman writer: our "beloved" Dan Jurgens.