Page 632 of 929 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 13927
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I say "nu Clark" in Action should turn out to be New 52 Superman minus powers, and "The Lies" in Wonder Woman reveals that there's also another Diana. These two leave Earth-0, and end up on a new Earth-1, where they always belonged in the first place due to reasons. They begin a new, smaller "Ultimate" line. Further, I'd inspire the world a lot from the Fallout universe. Hi-tech, but strong 1950s era visuals. This has nothing to do with Superman and Wonder Woman in particular, I just always wanted to see a comics continuity take place in such a world.
    I will just be happy when I hear that Dr. Manhattan isn't playing legos with the DC Universe. Sometimes it feels like he played around with other universes though (JLA: Act of God). Although I have wondered if it's in DC's nature to do Ultimate DC, New 52 sort of felt like Ultimate Marvel in some ways (altered characters and history). Also, maybe, just maybe, N52SM gets reincarnated into Earth-22.

Plus, since you mentioned a "Fallout" world, that's essentially the fanfiction/fanart idea I am working on now, with Wasteland Warrior. Basically, Kal-El landed shortly before nuclear war happened, and he ends up growing up in a wasteland, using his amazing powers to first defend the Kents and New Smallville, then later moving on to helping people with excavation of the ruined Metropolis. Crazy ideas, but hey, that's just me, and I really liked the Fallout games.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 08-27-2016 at 05:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I say "nu Clark" in Action should turn out to be New 52 Superman minus powers, and "The Lies" in Wonder Woman reveals that there's also another Diana. These two leave Earth-0, and end up on a new Earth-1, where they always belonged in the first place due to reasons. They begin a new, smaller "Ultimate" line. Further, I'd inspire the world a lot from the Fallout universe. Hi-tech, but strong 1950s era visuals. This has nothing to do with Superman and Wonder Woman in particular, I just always wanted to see a comics continuity take place in such a world.
    If even the Earth-1/2 isn't a possibility, SM/WW #30 and 31 could just give us a happy ending for New52 Clark and Diana. Just say that they are somewhere out there in the multiverse having fantastic adventures and starting to build a family.

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Guess a lot of people didn't care for comics, even then. Or maybe they thought that Frank Miller's universe was canon.
    Hints at the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship and them being together in elseworlds predates DKRII by several years/decades.

http://furbelows.deviantart.com/art/...lips-157469992

http://furbelows.deviantart.com/art/...HERE-157470918

http://furbelows.deviantart.com/art/...Come-164976452
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-28-2016 at 02:10 PM. Reason: SM/WW #30, 31 in place of annual.

Incredible Member

A little merging of these two in fan art!

Another one

Another two

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'd send Superdad and his family in an alternate universe (Earth 1 or whatever). Steve Trevor can join them if he's not killed for the umpteenth time in the near future.
    Just my personal preference.
    Well,we all have a right to be wrong.
    (Kidding!)

But as someone who wasn't a big fan of the " ship" as it was done in the New 52, I'd be all for those two incarnations be given their own line to anchor ala Sacred's idea. Give us an alternate DCU where you can play with different ideas that for whatever reason won't work as the " main" continuity. Superman and Wonder Woman actually allowed to have a real relationship? Dick Grayson permanently the Batman? A Green Lantern that isn't Hal Jordan or a Flash not a white Barry Allen or Wally West? I'd read the hell out of an Ultimate DCU line,a Superman/Wonder Woman book included.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-28-2016 at 01:16 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    A little merging of these two in fan art!

Holy bewbs.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    (Kidding!)
    I think you're referring to yourself.

But as someone who wasn't a big fan of the " ship" as it was done in the New 52, I'd be all for those two incarnations be given their own line to anchor ala Sacred's idea. Give us an alternate DCU where you can play with different ideas that for whatever reason won't work as the " main" continuity. Superman and Wonder Woman actually allowed to have a real relationship? Dick Grayson permanently the Batman? A Green Lantern that isn't Hal Jordan or a Flash not a white Barry Allen or Wally West? I'd read the hell out of an Ultimate DCU line,a Superman/Wonder Woman book included.
    If there's someone who should go to an alternative universe that's Superdad, after all he's a guy from an alternate timeline (or alternate world as Jurgens said).
    For me, it's not a matter of "ship" preference, but reality/continuity preferences. I'm fine to have Superdad and family around, but only if he's along with the proper Superman of the main continuity, thing that Superdad is not and never will be, unless they reboot everything or brainwash everybody included the readers.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-28-2016 at 06:11 AM.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

(Kidding!)

Well, given how Ultimate Marvel did things different, here's how DC might go if they did Ultimate. Clark Kent is stuck in his 20s like Pater Parker was stuck being in his teens. Superman will be pulling superdickery stunts on the supporting cast, because well, like the Ultimate Marvel, he is now a young, uncertain guy. Lara will be Supergirl, but she will have dyed her blue hair to look blonde, and only until later will she show how she looks without makeup on. Batman will have Grayson as 15 year old Robin, we also would have a young Hernan Guerra or Lor-Zod as Superboy, with that ultimate threat that if Kal dies, he succeeds him, and yeah, you have Kirk Langstrom as a vampire antihero. Tim Drake will be around as a private investigator who sometimes is featured with The Question. Oh yeah, and to be on topic, Diana Prince has a crush on CK, and Bekka somehow fell to the Earth and got adopted into the Amazons. Hey, if Ultimate Marvel did what they did, I could see Ultimate DC turning out like this.

I think you're referring to yourself.

If there's someone who should go to an alternative universe that's Superdad, after all he's a guy from an alternate timeline (or alternate world as Jurgens said).
    For me, it's not a matter of "ship" preference, but reality/continuity preferences. I'm fine to have Superdad and family around, but only if he's along with the proper Superman of the main continuity, thing that Superdad is not and never will be, unless they reboot everything or brainwash everybody included the readers.
    Well,really it depends on if they ultimately fully " reboot" to the preFlashpoint continuity or something really close to it . If they do,then Superdad will be the proper one of the main continuity.Right now,as much as im enjoying everything except ACTION COMICS in regards to Superman,i actually agree with you that Nuperman should be the main guy of the current continuity,which is still New 52. I guess we will see.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Well,really it depends on if they ultimately fully " reboot" to the preFlashpoint continuity or something really close to it . If they do,then Superdad will be the proper one of the main continuity.
    They don't even need to reboot to a past continuity to make him the "official" Superman, they need just to reboot Superman and his corner of the DCU, and say that he had Jon early in his superhero career (plus other retcons...)
    Which does seem weird because that's not what they're doing with the other characters/series.

Right now,as much as im enjoying everything except ACTION COMICS in regards to Superman,i actually agree with you that Nuperman should be the main guy of the current continuity,which is still New 52. I guess we will see.
    At least we agree on something.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-28-2016 at 07:47 AM.

They don't even need to reboot to a past continuity to make him the "official" Superman, they need just to reboot Superman and his corner of the DCU, and say that he had Jon early in his superhero career (plus other retcons...)
    Which does seem weird because that's not what they're doing with the other characters/series.

At least we agree on something.
    Actually you and I probably agree on a lot more than you'd think!

And I wouldn't be surprised if indeed that is what happens in regards to Superman at the climax of this REBIRTH/Watchmen cycle. I certainly hope that whatever we get as a result includes the best of all the main continuity Supermen over the 80 years of his history,and eventually a book for the Sm/WW shippers like you. Whether its an Ultimate take or just a self contained thing. Heck I myself may want to read it!

Sorry for derailing...I will step aside now.

Sorry for derailing...I will step aside now.

Hehehe...Thank you!!

At this point it is the semantics that you, with all due respect, are quibbling about. These are comic books - canon is just that - what someone thinks it is - if DC had the smarts to create an alternate line with SM/WW and give them the kinds of adventures and relationship the fans have always wanted - I would happily buy those print / digital books - just the growing fandom and the marketing opportunities alone ought to justify that decision. In fact when you look back to the launch of the SM/WW comic book - that was more than just a lark - I am sure there was some nod to the sales it was expected to generate. I would strongly support Sacred and MoS1979's idea - we talk a lot about Elseworld's where these two are paired up and there are nods to the attraction all over main continuity pre FP. So why not oblige a sizable portion of the audience and give them what they want?

They did create Val-Zod as black and a couple of others as gay. Why not change up the realities in AU? Not "canon" for the purists but enough to make many like myself spend the $$ which, at the end of the day, I am sure DC wants.

Another one