Page 635 of 929 FirstFirst ... 135535585625631632633634635636637638639645685735 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 13927
    Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    The only thing DC cares about is $$ plain and simple
    IF they have the balls to do another SM/WW book - else worlds or ultimates or whatever have you AND the sales go through the roof - you can bet your next piece of favorite food that they will be planning a return of this relationship somehow

SM/WW was selling average 40-50K a month until Truth destroyed it with the needless crossovers -
    That is very much why Last Son of Krypton and I mentioned the Dark Knight universe. They are a thing there, and if the plans to expand the DKR universe, they or the daughter Lara might get spinoffs. It might explain part of why they treat the non-Batman characters better, because they want to expand on it and get people interested in the alternate versions of the mainstream characters, rather than scare off people with the fact that Superman is there in DKR so that Batman can be an ******* and pummel him.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The only thing DC cares about is $$ plain and simple
    IF they have the balls to do another SM/WW book - else worlds or ultimates or whatever have you AND the sales go through the roof - you can bet your next piece of favorite food that they will be planning a return of this relationship somehow

SM/WW was selling average 40-50K a month until Truth destroyed it with the needless crossovers -
    It doesn't work that way. The SM/WW series existed because it had a narrative reason to exist and sold mainly because it mattered in the grand scheme of the main DC universe. That's where lies the reader's interest and the reason why the ongoing published series are all part of the same interconnected universe that matter.
    Elseworlds are another beast: they're limited projects and the reason they exist is because a writer pitch them, it's not the editor to ask for them unless there's a willingness to expand pre-existing universes like that of KC or DK.
    Therefore, the only feasible thing is that an author pitch a miniseries in which among the other things happens that SM/WW are a couple. But them being a couple alone can't be the reason why a project exists.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-28-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It doesn't work that way. The SM/WW series existed because it had a narrative reason to exist and sold mainly because it mattered in the grand scheme of the main DC universe. That's where lies the reader's interest and the reason why the ongoing published series are all part of the same interconnected universe that matter.
    Elseworlds are another beast: they're limited projects and the reason they exist is because a writer pitch them, it's not the editor to ask for them unless there's a willingness to expand pre-existing universes like that of KC or DK.
    Therefore, the only feasible thing is that an author pitch a miniseries in which among the other things happens that SM/WW are a couple. But them being a couple alone can't be the reason why a project exists.
    I completely understand that - Not asking for a SM/WW book which is a stand alone unless ensconced in another universe where ideally they would be the only heroes - which is why I am saying that DC cut off its own nose to spite its face in re arranging continuity and the Re-hash

Nonetheless - IF there is an Ultimates type line featuring SM/WW even if it be part of the TDKR Universe (with their kids) it would be fun to watch it matched up against the current content of the main Superman line in terms of sales

I completely understand that - Not asking for a SM/WW book which is a stand alone unless ensconced in another universe where ideally they would be the only heroes - which is why I am saying that DC cut off its own nose to spite its face in re arranging continuity and the Re-hash
    It can always be revisited later if they don't erase NuSuperman from existence. It would be stupid for them to shut this door forever.

Nonetheless - IF there is an Ultimates type line featuring SM/WW even if it be part of the TDKR Universe (with their kids) it would be fun to watch it matched up against the current content of the main Superman line in terms of sales
    If there is one certainty it's that the SM/WW pairing will continue to exist through their rip-off versions and DC's elseworlds tales.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    So random point here, but I think this moment from the DCUO trailer was probably the very beginning of my interest in Superman/Wonder Woman. I can't help but think whoever made that trailer (or decided the content at least) was a shipper too considering how much emphasis was placed on

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    So random point here, but I think this moment from the DCUO trailer was probably the very beginning of my interest in Superman/Wonder Woman. I can't help but think whoever made that trailer (or decided the content at least) was a shipper too considering how much emphasis was placed on
    The tie-in comic is more "explicit" about it, with Luthor wondering why they never became a couple and thinking that maybe Superman is wondering the same thing.

Dc Comics Online.jpg

Lex Luthor is definitely a SM/WW shipper.

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    That would be Tim Miller...who directed Deadpool!!! Yep. He loves DC and in his commentary on the trailer ( with Jim Lee it can be found on Youtube) he mentions Kingdom Come. He homaged that a bit in this trailer. I believe (ironically) Geoff Johns polished the script but Miller got all the nuances in via the visuals. On a side note...what a shame Marvel grabbed him before WB.
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-28-2016 at 08:24 PM.

BANNED

I partially agree. There needs to be a narrative reason for the pairing, but I think 52 Clark and Diana are strong enough to matter even if they are transferred to another Earth/Reality. At least if some writer who really liked the pairing got the job and we could finally see Morrison/Pak's Clark interacting with Azzarello/Chiang's Diana.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/...psec4c0cc5.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/...psbda9e4e5.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/...ps759ed960.jpg
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-28-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    I partially agree. There needs to be a narrative reason for the pairing, but I think 52 Clark and Diana are strong enough to matter even if they are transferred to another Earth/Reality. At least if some writer who really liked the pairing got the job and we could finally see Morrisson/Pak's Clark interacting with Azzarello/Chiang's Diana.
    Wait, if New52 Diana is transported to another Earth, who replaces her in the main Earth? We have too many doppelnganger already around.

BANNED

Wait, if New52 Diana is transported to another Earth, who replaces her in the main Earth? We have too many dopplenganger already around.
    It's just my pathetic desperate hope that DC could still 'unmerge' 52 Diana from Rebirth Diana. They certainly are very different the same way 52 Supes is different from Superdad. Cheetah too.. And Steve... dude got the bad boy makeover even more than Truth Clarkbro.

Basically, when I look at scans of Rebirth Diana, she quite simply isnt' Azz/Chiang's/Soule's Diana.

Speaking of that, did Diana go back to plaid shirt Clark in Action Comics to get her answers? I'm guessing she didn't or someone in this thread would have posted it.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-28-2016 at 08:55 PM.

It's just my pathetic desperate hope that DC could still 'unmerge' 52 Diana from Rebirth Diana. They certainly are very different the same way 52 Supes is different from Superdad. Cheetah too.. And Steve... dude got the bad boy makeover even more than Truth Clarkbro.

Basically, when I look at scans of Rebirth Diana, she quite simply isnt' Azz/Chiang's/Soule's Diana.
    New52 Diana and Rebirth Diana are the same character, while Superdad and NuSuperman are two different characters that coexist (before one was killed).
    What's happening with Diana is that Rucka is back to DC on his own terms, so by contract he has the last word even on the variant covers and can change almost everything he want about the character using the excuse of the altered memories. I will post something later on the topic.

BANNED

New52 Diana and Rebirth Diana are the same character, while Superdad and NuSuperman are two different characters that coexist (before one was killed).
    What's happening with Diana is that Rucka is back to DC on his own terms, so by contract he has the last word even on the variant covers and can change almost everything he want about the character using the excuse of the altered memories. I will post something later on the topic.
    I knew that, I'm just saying it's creatively unnecessary and needlessly cruel. Azzarello and Chiang's Diana didn't need to be elevated. Maybe the amazons did, but not Diana. Soule's Diana was also incredibly strong, in every way.

I knew that, I'm just saying it's creatively unnecessary and needlessly cruel. Azzarello and Chiang's Diana didn't need to be elevated. Maybe the amazons did, but not Diana. Soule's Diana was also incredibly strong, in every way.
    The character is a victim of these kind of retcons/soft-reboots since the 60s due to writers who don't know what to do with her or who think they know what is best for the character. It's the only constant of WW.
    I'm fine with a change of origin (in the new 52 her origins hadn't been told yet) as long as Rucka doesn't start messing with the past SM/WW relationship. Ignore it if you don't like it, Greg.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-28-2016 at 09:20 PM.

More images