Page 638 of 929 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648688738 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 13927
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Just imagine.

1061445-hyperman1.jpg

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

I understood that reference!

They seem to be trying to keep them away from each other in BM v SM. lmao. Pushing Bats by default. Bats get to interact with her ala Catwoman style and Clark and Diana never even noticed one other and then Clark dies. Cavill and Gadot didn't even get to actually interact or exchange eye contact. DC/WB really stupid. They seem too scared to even have them as actual...friends. Just like they have to kill new 52 Clark to push superdad and Diana to not even recall her past. Such is the desperation to make other pairings not be threatened.
    I just think it's just stupid. People are going to be fans out there of everything from Batman x Superman relationship to character x & x character y. People just need to go figure that hey, a character can actually manage the way a regular Joe like me does, I do have a decision when it comes to specific people that I have a full-blown relationship with. If you want to pander or shut them up though, you can push a re-release of Elseworlds or something. Come on DC, if I can have a woman be just my friend, I am not so sure why you can't have a character do that in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I feel that they don't really know how to use the character and the actor (Cavill) or they don't care either. While Affleck/Batman has the chance to show his range as an actor/character to the point of writing him a "sexy" scene with Diana/Selina wannabe just to give the audience a taste of his playboy persona.

That's because she was there just to advertise her movie and advance Batman's plot of the metahumans discovery/search, it wasn't necessary that she interacted with the guy who was just about to die and be excluded from that search. I wonder if they let Kal bond with someone in the future movies.

Oh, don't get me started on the current comics... having a character "surviving" a reboot and being "pasted" into the new reality is one of the most weird and dumb narrative's choice that I've ever read.
    I guess I am having a Dr. Manhattan epiphany here, but DC figures that, "Hey, I can make a statement as to which version of the character is best by killing off a character and the one left living is the superior one, kind of like killing Kal-L, a statement of him being the inferior one. Just a repeat of that now, the one who is alive is the better one because he is alive. TBH, in my headcanon, All-Star (Not One-Million), Kingdom Come, Red Son, and JSA - Thy Kingdom Come, just tell a more interesting story, to me anyways. I seem to notice, and find predictability, as to who and what the current regime preaches to me, and frankly, they pretty much made Rebirth 100 percent predictable in doing so, probably without even realizing it.

I just liked the guy from The Kingdom though, he didn't want some space-time continuum screw-up, but at the same time, wasn't willing to surrender the way things turned out for him.

tumblr_o5ngukY0tq1qjzyxso1_250.jpg
    tumblr_ob1nkbzEK91urj55ao1_540.jpg

Two photo edits, one by me of a possible Easter Egg, the other of the Justice League movie poster.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I guess I am having a Dr. Manhattan epiphany here, but DC figures that, "Hey, I can make a statement as to which version of the character is best by killing off a character and the one left living is the superior one, kind of like killing Kal-L, a statement of him being the inferior one. Just a repeat of that now, the one who is alive is the better one because he is alive. TBH, in my headcanon, All-Star (Not One-Million), Kingdom Come, Red Son, and JSA - Thy Kingdom Come, just tell a more interesting story, to me anyways. I seem to notice, and find predictability, as to who and what the current regime preaches to me, and frankly, they pretty much made Rebirth 100 percent predictable in doing so, probably without even realizing it.

I just liked the guy from The Kingdom though, he didn't want some space-time continuum screw-up, but at the same time, wasn't willing to surrender the way things turned out for him.
    They needed to appease the old fans and brought back the other guy. If it doesn't work, they can always kill him and replace him with one of the versions that you mentioned.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-30-2016 at 06:23 PM.

More by rhysketches. I love how Ry (and Sam Hunter, who has a slightly similar style) are SMWW shippers!

http://rysketches.tumblr.com/post/14...pid-idea#notes

BANNED

Congratulations to everyone who was here from day one and even before.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...22&GSub=177510

http://court-rd.deviantart.com/art/S...oman-630449755
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 08-31-2016 at 07:47 AM. Reason: removed link to sales site

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    They needed to appease the old fans and brought back the other guy. If it doesn't work, they can always kill him and replace him with one of the versions that you mentioned.
    Hey, I am going to be selfish and say, leave the old, gray-haired, Superman from my alternate universe alone. .

Although I am sure that they won't bring him up again.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 08-31-2016 at 07:01 AM.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

More by rhysketches. I love how Ry (and Sam Hunter, who has a slightly similar style) are SMWW shippers!

http://rysketches.tumblr.com/post/14...pid-idea#notes
    And some time later, earthquakes happened mysteriously.
    Last edited by suemorphplus209; 08-31-2016 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    tumblr_o5ngukY0tq1qjzyxso1_250.jpg
    tumblr_ob1nkbzEK91urj55ao1_540.jpg

Two photo edits, one by me of a possible Easter Egg, the other of the Justice League movie poster.
    LOL! Can't believe I didn't see that asteroid shape!

Action 600 was a cool cover too. Hehe. Full smooch.

Last edited by hellacre; 08-31-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Action 600 was a cool cover too. Hehe. Maybe Lee subconsciously homaged a lot of art from this. It's almost similar to JL12 tilted the next way. But it is a full on smooch.

LOL, Lee was illustrating the kiss in All-Star Batman and Robin as well. That whole series made me laugh hard. I get the feeling that Lara got made not long afterwards.

I recall the reaction that time...and not the trolling and haters...was so much fun. I am looking at out tumblr and there was a lot of positive reaction.

JL 12 haS the honor of being the fastest selling digital comic when released.

I recall the reaction that time...and not the trolling and haters...was so much fun. I am looking at out tumblr and there was a lot of positive reaction.

JL 12 haS the honor of being the fastest selling digital comic when released.

Hey, i recognize those two from that Kingdom Come fanfilm! (lower right)