Page 642 of 929 FirstFirst ... 142542592632638639640641642643644645646652692742 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 13927
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Looks like the work of someone who knows Futurama (Death by Snu Snu)

There should have been a 4th Anniversary...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/superman...or-first-time/

By TERRELL BROWN CBS NEWS August 31, 2012, 10:32 AM

Superman reinvented: Man of Steel, Wonder Woman kiss for first time

(CBS News) Superman kissing Wonder Woman?

Yes, if you can believe it - the Man of Steel has finally stolen a kiss with his longtime superhero cohort.

Superman, Wonder Woman kiss in new "Justice League" comic

Many comic book lovers thought it would never happen, but DC Comics knew it had to keep the aging Superman brand relevant.

"We are not here to just sort of safeguard these treasures, we're about keeping them contemporary, moving them forward," Jim Lee, co-publisher of DC Entertainment, told CBS News. "That means adding things to the mythology, and that means taking chances."

Lee, who drew this month's cover with the canoodling couple, says the company realized how much was riding on the super kiss.

Lee said, "We've actually planned this for about two years so we've put a lot of thought into the moment itself, and the ramifications and the repercussions of this kiss and how it affects the entire DC universe."

Last year, DC Comics re-launched "The Justice League," a monthly comic book featuring Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and The Green Lantern, whose love life was in the spotlight earlier this summer when he announced he was gay.

The new "Justice League" series features familiar characters, but their history is brand new.

Lee said, "We've been publishing for 75 years. Sometimes you kind of forget how convoluted these stories can get, so when you remove the barnacles off that ship, and start fresh, it's just very inviting."

Raphael Soohoo, of Midtown Comics in New York City, says fans just have to accept the new realities of the DC universe.

"Forget everything you knew about Superman, Wonder Woman, and Lois Lane," he said. "It's a completely new paradigm just, you know, Superman and Wonder Woman are together, and we're just going to have to live with that."

Comic books still command a loyal following, but the big money is in the movies. With the success of the "Dark Knight" Batman franchise and "The Avengers," perhaps a Wonder Woman and Superman blockbuster is around the corner.

"The movies are terrific, but they're originally-based...(on) the comic books," Soohoo said. "I think people tend to forget about them. So why not do something in the comics that's amazing, that's big, that's huge. Let's completely start over, re-do everything, and I think that's what the magic of this is. New rules, new universe. You can do whatever you'd like."

Watch this full story in the video above.

© 2012 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Exactly. Plus pre new 52 got their last stories...a good bye to the old verse and end on a note of hope. I recall SM and LL flew off into the sunset. You can't tell me over 25 years plus was not enough. A person can grow up and get married in that time. DC needed to nurture its new verse. Heroes go in cycles ...each generation can get to call a Superman theirs. Not have men in their 40 ties and 50ties telling new and up and coming fans that they are not true fans because a character gets to come in with a younger pov and not some old fashioned character they knew as a kid. That is rubbish way to tend a property.
    They want SM as a dad. Give him and his son a book but keep the new 52 younger guy too. It's absurd what they are doing here putting all their eggs in one basket and pigeon holing the character.
    I am just a selfish fan who likes to have a version of the character that is meant for my time, or for or me. I wouldn't mind if my universe had to end if it was all those years. FWIW, after 25 years, long before that I would be busy handling other matters by that point, and wouldn't mind if they retold the characters stories by that point, because I wouldn't have as much in the way of following them by that point. I don't know, I just wanted characters that got started and were all part of the same universe together, and older guys like in the Dark Knight universe just be in those cases like the Dark Knight Returns, or Master Race.

The only problem I had with Post-Crisis was the boring or repulsive stories that led to the end, especially Superman.
    Last edited by suemorphplus209; 09-01-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    "We are not here to just sort of safeguard these treasures, we're about keeping them contemporary, moving them forward," Jim Lee, co-publisher of DC Entertainment, told CBS News. "That means adding things to the mythology, and that means taking chances."
    ^^^ Someone should remind them these words.

Lee said, "We've actually planned this for about two years so we've put a lot of thought into the moment itself, and the ramifications and the repercussions of this kiss and how it affects the entire DC universe."
    There was more planning for SM/WW (2 years) than for the new52 reboot (6 months).

DiDio et al (including Johns I believe) had said that that would be the new status quo - guess it does not mean much what they say

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    DiDio et al (including Johns I believe) had said that that would be the new status quo - guess it does not mean much what they say
    The "new status quo" was definitely uttered by the heads of DC 4 years ago, namely by Geoff Johns. See http://www.ew.com/article/2012/08/22...e-12-exclusive

'Justice League' #12: DC reveals Superman's new leading lady... and it's a doozy -- EXCLUSIVE
    BY JEFF JENSEN • @EWDOCJENSEN

Posted August 22 2012 — 7:30 AM EDT

When DC Comics rebooted its entire line of superhero titles last year, the publisher did away with Superman’s marriage to Lois Lane to pave the way for a new romance. Without further ado, EW can exclusively reveal that Superman’s new partner in love is no mere mortal, but a superhero icon in her own right: None other than Wonder Woman. herself. Their next level relationship begins in the pages of Justice League #12; click through to see the full cover!

The comic, which goes on sale Aug. 29, culminates months of flirty foreshadowing. Writer Geoff Johns hints that some event – possibly tragic – will impact every member of the Justice League, and cause Superman and Wonder Woman to seek solace in each other and move from super-powered colleagues to power couple. This is no one-issue stunt: “This is the new status quo,” says Johns, adding that the relationship will have a seismic impact on all the heroes and villains in the DC universe.

For the smooch featured on the comic’s cover, artist Jim Lee took inspiration from Gustav Klimt’s The Kiss and Alfred Eisenstaedt’s V-J Day in Times Square photograph. The creative team believes the heroes are right for each other. She’s a mythic Amazonian warrior; he’s a veritable demigod. Both have huge hearts for mankind, yet also feel estranged from humanity. Relationships with civilians are tricky for caped crusaders, even liabilities. Usually, they choose to mask their full, true identities and hide their secret, high-risk do-gooding from their lovers to protect them. At least together, Superman and Wonder Woman can be themselves. Oh, and they’re also ridiculously good looking, too. Still, says Johns, expect the new couple to face some unique challenges in their own right.

This isn’t to say that fans will understand or support the hook-up. In fact, Johns and Lee expect some outcry and certainly some debate. Actually, they’re counting on it. ”Hopefully this will raise a lot of eyebrows,” Lee says. “We welcome the watercooler chatter.”

Twitter: @EWDocJensen

BANNED

If anyone has a twitter. Feel free to retweet.

https://twitter.com/DianaAndKal/stat...64386346639361
    Done and done.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    The "new status quo" was definitely uttered by the heads of DC 4 years ago, namely by Geoff Johns. See http://www.ew.com/article/2012/08/22...e-12-exclusive

'Justice League' #12: DC reveals Superman's new leading lady... and it's a doozy -- EXCLUSIVE
    BY JEFF JENSEN • @EWDOCJENSEN

Posted August 22 2012 — 7:30 AM EDT

When DC Comics rebooted its entire line of superhero titles last year, the publisher did away with Superman’s marriage to Lois Lane to pave the way for a new romance. Without further ado, EW can exclusively reveal that Superman’s new partner in love is no mere mortal, but a superhero icon in her own right: None other than Wonder Woman. herself. Their next level relationship begins in the pages of Justice League #12; click through to see the full cover!

The comic, which goes on sale Aug. 29, culminates months of flirty foreshadowing. Writer Geoff Johns hints that some event – possibly tragic – will impact every member of the Justice League, and cause Superman and Wonder Woman to seek solace in each other and move from super-powered colleagues to power couple. This is no one-issue stunt: “This is the new status quo,” says Johns, adding that the relationship will have a seismic impact on all the heroes and villains in the DC universe.

For the smooch featured on the comic’s cover, artist Jim Lee took inspiration from Gustav Klimt’s The Kiss and Alfred Eisenstaedt’s V-J Day in Times Square photograph. The creative team believes the heroes are right for each other. She’s a mythic Amazonian warrior; he’s a veritable demigod. Both have huge hearts for mankind, yet also feel estranged from humanity. Relationships with civilians are tricky for caped crusaders, even liabilities. Usually, they choose to mask their full, true identities and hide their secret, high-risk do-gooding from their lovers to protect them. At least together, Superman and Wonder Woman can be themselves. Oh, and they’re also ridiculously good looking, too. Still, says Johns, expect the new couple to face some unique challenges in their own right.

This isn’t to say that fans will understand or support the hook-up. In fact, Johns and Lee expect some outcry and certainly some debate. Actually, they’re counting on it. ”Hopefully this will raise a lot of eyebrows,” Lee says. “We welcome the watercooler chatter.”

Twitter: @EWDocJensen
    I don't understand. If the plan was for Diana and Clark to be the new status quo, then why did Warner set it up but at the same time setting up Affleck and Gal in the DCEU? They know the effect of a movie that will be watched by MILLIONS of people worldwide don't they?

My timeline:

End of 2013 - I finally get onboard the comics. October, with SM/WW, was the last time DC surpassed Marvel in any kind of sales statistics until Rebirth.

December of 2013. I register on this forum. The 1st rumours of Wondy on the MOS sequel are about actressess... making chemistry tests with Affleck.

January of 2014. SM/WW continues selling strong.

Feb ~ May 2014. SM/WW's first arch concludes, the book is well received by critics. It is confirmed that Gal Gadot is the new Wonder Woman.

WHAT THE HECK?

http://idolosol.com/images/what-the-hell-4.jpg
    Last edited by dumbduck; 09-01-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    I don't understand. If the plan was for Diana and Clark to be the new status quo, then why did Warner set it up but at the same time setting up Affleck and Gal in the DCEU? They know the effect of a movie that will be watched by MILLIONS of people worldwide don't they?

My timeline:

End of 2013 - I finally get onboard the comics. October, with SM/WW, was the last time DC surpassed Marvel in any kind of sales statistics until Rebirth.

December of 2013. I register on this forum. The 1st rumours of Wondy on the MOS sequel are about actressess... making chemistry tests with Affleck.

January of 2014. SM/WW continues selling strong.

Feb ~ May 2014. SM/WW's first arch concludes, the book is well received by critics. It is confirmed that Gal Gadot is the new Wonder Woman.

WHAT THE HECK?

http://idolosol.com/images/what-the-hell-4.jpg
    Seriously, what do you want me to say? Batfanboy directors can't help themselves, they'll probably will do chemistry tests with Affleck and all future female characters to be introduced.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    As I pointed out in the past, Brian Hitch has no problem in showing Kal and Diana care for each other. In today JLA #9:

spoilers:
    Superman is dead after being beaten by Rao in the previous issue. Diana tries to revive him, but Batman says to her to give up because there's nothing she can't do anymore. She doesn't give up, and brings him back to life using the Zeus bolt as a sort of defibrillator.
    end of spoilers

Attachment 39532Attachment 39533
    This may seem a little late but is this new 52 superman or is this rebirth superman? I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by Justin232 View Post
    This may seem a little late but is this new 52 superman or is this rebirth superman? I'm confused
    He's New52 Superman. The comic has been delayed, it had to come out in March.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-01-2016 at 04:32 PM.

They're not setting up Batman and Wonder Woman. Batman just got the flirty moment in BvS because Clark has already been established with Lois, that's all. And in their uncreative minds apparently, if its not pseudo-flirtatious, there was no reason to have Diana and Clark interact at all. But they're not setting Batman/Wonder Woman up, at least not on purpose. Wonder Woman will set up Diana and Steve, and the Batman solo will almost certainly cast its Selina Kyle.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They're not setting up Batman and Wonder Woman. Batman just got the flirty moment in BvS because Clark has already been established with Lois, that's all. And in their uncreative minds apparently, if its not pseudo-flirtatious, there was no reason to have Diana and Clark interact at all. But they're not setting Batman/Wonder Woman up, at least not on purpose. Wonder Woman will set up Diana and Steve, and the Batman solo will almost certainly cast its Selina Kyle.
    People noticed. LOL.

And not sure what the heck Superman being with Lois got to do with him conversing with Diana. Them at least clocking each other at the party. Even exchanging eye contact as even a nod and wink to the audience. Put a ball and chain on Cavill now why don't they? They even killed him to push him out the way. Many fans and critics have said the death served no real purpose, was forced, had little emotional impact at this stage in the game. So why do it? Cuz as everyone says...Batman. And because she interacts and flirts with Batman...by default...they pushing that for the audience to think she is a potential love interest since it is likely Steve is dead in the present day. It's clear her role was going to be Selina Kyle ...the whole thing has a BatCat vibe...but they suddenly decided to drag her in to try to play catch up with Marvel. Yes she was a bright spot in the movie but she was tacked on. Just as was the JL cameos via the lame e-mail.