Page 648 of 929 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658698748 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 13927
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Yeah, well I guess Azzarello appears to be reigning in a bit of the guy who popularized giving Superman a beatdown, so while Miller/Azzarello are crafting an Elseworlds sequel, maybe that might change a bit of the influence. Plus, mommy got some time to say her own things too in the issues, so far.
    Although I'm sure Azzarello's efforts are commendable, after BvS it's way too little, way too late. Some 5 years ago I saw a post somewhere, of a Superman fan, saying that Superman needed a moment like this against Batman:

http://imgur.com/gallery/EtDwU

Back then I thought, no. I just want, to paraphrase a poster from comicvine forums(*) "for the Batgod writers to take the bullseye off Superman's back." I just wanted the fights to stop and Superman be allowed to help Batman in Gotham and be as important in Batman books as Bats is in Supes books.

Even after Batman's 75th aniversary, even after the spit in the face, I still thought so.

Now, after BvS, I changed my opinion. They won't stop. After BvS things will only get worse.

Supes doesn't need a moment like this. He needs *many* moments like this. Like 2 or 3 times a year, for the next 20 or so years. Against Bats in armor with kryptonite, red-sun, magic, etc.

Yes, yes, I know, good luck getting writers to write this. And we'd also need some hyper important landmark story written by someone who'd reach the same level of influence in Hollywood as Frank Miller.

I also want a Ferrari 458 Italia, a F-16 fighter jet, a flying unicorn with laser eyes,...

(*)Sorry whoever you are if you also post/lurk here. I can't remember your name or the thread you posted this in.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 09-06-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wonder Gal looks at pics of Cav-El on her PC: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJxdJ9Kg...deewonder_love

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So basically this is just Abnett not getting any version of Superman. Sadly, this is the norm with most DC talent. They think Superman they think dumb **** like Superman taking orders from the government via ear piece. Lord. This is exactly the stuff that Superman fans don't want, and which I don't think there's any divide on, and we all know there's a huge divide amongst Superman fandom in other aspects. He is NOT a government stooge. **** like this is what was killing the character pre-Flashpoint in the first place.

Granted its not a Superman title, but still, its irritating to see so many people working at DC thinking of Superman this way. In any case just one more writer in DC's employ that I don't want near the character.
    It's really redundant at this point. Okay, having superheroes fight each other to prove character x is not weak or some lame excuse like that. TBH, it is not even new anymore, and I am thinking, don't this characters have their own villains to deal with anyways? I mean characters having some common enemy makes more sense than one character being turned psycho for some contrived reason so that someone else can stop him. It just shows the level of creativity at Marvel/DC these days.

Well need people giving directions to where these moments lie. (AOS 41, KC, etc.) A lot of people should see these moments (sigh) I promise I will stay on target. Sorry about my tangent.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 09-07-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Come fly with me, take me to the moon. Good old classic song

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wonder Gal looks at pics of Cav-El on her PC: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJxdJ9Kg...deewonder_love

LOL. Funny edit there.

Incredible Member

How much potentially lost just so old minds could pander to old 40-something post-Crisis fans.
    This is the problem of afterbirth, all the potential gone so it can pander to the old fans. Imagine if there was the internet around when infinite crisis happened, there would have been no reinvention that the series needed, no new stories to tell.

There is a thread in the wonder woman forum asking why nobody comments anymore on the wonder woman forum and the only answer old fans can come up with in a circlejerk of a forum is that the stories are so great that nothing can be said about them when the "TRUTH" is this rebirth has stiffled creativity and just feels like more of the same old continuity, thats why there is no more discussions because there is nothing new to discuss. There is no more potential to have in stories unlike the new 52 which was a fresh start.

A comment was made about why I feel that the new status quo feels small was that the new 52 never did anything different and to that I say the difference is is that the new 52 was a chance wasted and potential lost but I would still prefer that to what afterbirth will be which is continually be small till there is a drastic change.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Plus, since you mentioned a "Fallout" world, that's essentially the fanfiction/fanart idea I am working on now, with Wasteland Warrior. Basically, Kal-El landed shortly before nuclear war happened, and he ends up growing up in a wasteland, using his amazing powers to first defend the Kents and New Smallville, then later moving on to helping people with excavation of the ruined Metropolis. Crazy ideas, but hey, that's just me, and I really liked the Fallout games.
    This sounds pretty cool. Let me know when you publish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonior View Post
    You know what's even sadder than first finishing adapting batman's 80/90's classics before doing KC? that they're also going even all the way back to the 60's Batman hehehe....uugh...

I really hope they get to do something with KC an animated or something, even if someone (obviously NOT Snyder because well...no!) gets to take some influence or adaptations from KC instead from Miller's DKR for the movies.
    Heh, you're right. They even committed the unspeakable heresy of cramming All-Star Superman into *one* single movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    As I pointed out in the past, Brian Hitch has no problem in showing Kal and Diana care for each other. In today JLA #9:

spoilers:
    Superman is dead after being beaten by Rao in the previous issue. Diana tries to revive him, but Batman says to her to give up because there's nothing she can't do anymore. She doesn't give up, and brings him back to life using the Zeus bolt as a sort of defibrillator.
    end of spoilers

Attachment 39532Attachment 39533
    Love it when she yells "NO!", refusing to accept that her beloved can't be brought back.

More or less the show is being run by the comic fans for other fans. Both DC and Marvel cater to their own designated audiences at this point. Could they go for a wider audience like they had before Crisis on Infinite Earths and the 1990s contraction in sales for the big two? They could. But the big 2 choose to go with what they are at now, although for some of them, like Spider-Man at Marvel, they have chosen with alternate universes to cater to multiple fanbases to try and get some extra $$$$.

Pretty much the one "creator" I know of left in town that does put the two together in his universe is Frank Miller, and FWIW, I finally got issue #1 and #2 of DK3. If that somehow reflects the rest of it (although I don't exactly like the art for individual character moments at the endings), it looks like I am going to just say, why not give it a try. I am trying to understand what the 4 years ago means. Does that mean 4 years since The Dark Knight Returns? Or Dark Knight Strikes Again?
    Yeah, I hear you. What bothers me is that DC is trying to shove Superdad (and his son) down our throats, while apparently doing their damnedest to erase the SMWW relationship from cotinuity. And they can't at least try the Elseworlds solution, apparently.

BUT, since their words about something being the "new status quo" don't matter, one could only hope for Rebirth being the same case again.

How much potentially lost just so old minds could pander to old 40-something post-Crisis fans.
    Yeah, what can I tell you? And it's there. They just have to take a look at the real couples out there who gravitate towards SMWW.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Fans still not over this.

Dude, come on!

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Okay, okay. I'm okay. Imokay. imokay

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me...jo7_r3_250.gif
    What dumbduck said.

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    People have tweeted Tomasi - anyone ever tweet Diane Nelson to request that SM/WW be put back?
    What's her twitter account?

Default Super Dad - done right