Page 725 of 929 FirstFirst ... 225625675715721722723724725726727728729735775825 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 13927
    Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't know if you are familiar with Marvel's Superman and Wonder Woman analogs Hyperion and Power Princess. I like how their relationship develops and Zarda/PP background/story. Marvel has always been good at making better use of DC's ideas.

Squadron Supreme! And my do they cut to the chase!
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    What's scary is how much that Power Princess kind of looks like her. Another note, after finally seeing that scene from ASBAR where Superman says, "She's a very nice girl" That dialogue was lifted out of Frank Miller's Daredevil when Matt was telling his law partner Frank Nelson about his new girlfriend Elektra.

Plus Miller, who has worked both DC and Marvel, confessed his own tendencies in this interview:

His confession is at 5:20
    Well, that almost makes me forgive him for how he's treated Superman. BTW, I'll have to dig into that Squadron Supreme thing.

What do you guys think are the odds of seeing SMWW again from DC, whether as an Elseworlds or as part of the multiverse?

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Well, that almost makes me forgive him for how he's treated Superman. BTW, I'll have to dig into that Squadron Supreme thing.

What do you guys think are the odds of seeing SMWW again from DC, whether as an Elseworlds or as part of the multiverse?
    He essentially treats a lot of characters badly, Batman and JL ones too I am pretty sure Azzarello being involved is the reason why the new Dark Knight is less harsh to the non-Batman characters already. It's funny that I never realized that Miller used the same line for two different superheroes .
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

As close to a guarantee as possible, really. The only thing that's changed from now compared to the past is that for once DC did it for a while in the main verse. Now that they've moved on from that there's no reason in my mind as to why they wouldn't continue with the same similar tropes in imaginary/other Earth stuff that they've perpetuated for decades again at some point. The popularity of the idea hasn't waned. In fact since they did it in their main line if anything its probably grown. So we'll see it again somewhere.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    'Sup guys? Got a brain fart bubbling in my head that involves SMWW.
    Now the concept involve event-catalyzed amnesia.
    Superman will be attracted to a beautiful Greek scholar and activist Diana Prince. Eventually dates her.
    Wonder Woman will have a relationship with a social and economic justice crusader and journalist named Clark Kent.
    Free reign at how to introduce SM to Diana and WW to Clark.
    Clark Kent IS Superman but doesn't know he's Superman. Diana Prince IS Wonder Woman but also doesn't know she's Wonder Woman.
    Every time they don't wear their costumes AND their "alter ego" isn't needed, they don't have any DECLARATIVE, SEMANTIC AND EPISODIC memory of and while being Superheros. Only PROCEDURAL memory that allows them to not hurt people or damage things when not in superhero "mode".
    I think that would be an interesting idea, it would be funny seeing how long the cat could be in the bag with both of their spotaneous disappearances lol."Hey I gotta go my dog needs water" "Erm me too". It would also bolster the idea that the two of them being together because of a genuine interest in who they both are beyond being heroes. Not because "strength" or "easy" I would read it.

well they have two children in the current DK3 The Master Race but that is a limited series. If Miller and Azz wanted to expand...maybe. But to be honest there is no one at DC right now I remotely want nor trust to write Superman/wonder woman in any story. They are all pretty much stuck on classic and cannot see beyond the Superman needs grounding bs and constantly throw Diana under the bus as not able to bring anything to the table when it comes to her and Clark which is utter crap.

lmao.

Seems some people don't even care this is superdad and he is married.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    What game is this?
    DC Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    lmao.

Seems some people don't even care this is superdad and he is married.

Marriage is overrated nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Love that 3D model of Wonder Woman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Look at the trend of the past... the SM/WW material grows constantly decade after decade: the first 2 SM/WW teases were distanced by nearly 20 years (40s and 60s), later they became gradually more frequent until the recent "explosion" of SM/WW material.
    And I'm pretty much convinced that it will continue to grow as before despite Jurgens' lame attempt to cock blocking Superman by hijacking his mythology with the addition of a son in the most forced and convoluted way possible.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-16-2017 at 11:39 PM.