Page 744 of 929 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745746747748754794844 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    In the penultimate chapter of Ground Zero, Superman and Wonder Woman (the sane ones) arrive in the Injustice universe to kick their evil counterparts' asses:

Attachment 46827
    This thing still going? Lord. Looks like they follow the dialogue from the vid.

BANNED

You folks probably already discussed this, it was obvious from the start: Rucka's Diana is not 52 Diana, we all already knew that. He's saying everything 52 was a lie. That's already arbitrary enough.

And she's not post-crisis Diana either. PC Diana knew Steve as an older man with whom she had more of a brother/sister relationship. The Steve who was the son of Diana Trevor, who saved Phillipus and Menalippe. Who was married to Etta for 25 years of publication history.

These were valid characters, that was a valid love story.

Rucka's Diana is neither 52 nor post-crisis. It's doubly arbitrary and needless. She's a brand new character.

That brings a few considerations to my mind. The destruction of 52 Clark and Diana. It was a reaction. It scares me. It was completely needless, cruel, and arbitrary.

It scares me because I was one of the most toxic and pathetic posters since I registered here at the end of 2013. Most of you here were pretty happy to ignore the trolls and celebrate what we had. I wanted none of it, I wanted to rub in their faces all of the hypocrisy and double standards that they had. I offended every writer and artist that I could think to offend.

Hellacre, Sacred Knight, Xarek, etc... You folks were always saying to ignore the trolls, ignore the past and enjoy what we had. Hellacre loved Rucka. She loves the 'Sacrifice' fight, for example, which I hate.

It was only in the last few months of the 52, leading up to BvS and then Rebirth, that most of you got angry too. And who wouldn't, given that DC was dumping a ton on the pairing? Once it became clear that we wasted 5 years loving these characters.

This pick-and-choose Diana and the Steve Trevor lunacy are the biggest proofs that this was a reaction. It scares me to no end. All this hatred...

We need to talk to these writers. We need to ask for help. We need to stop reacting to provocations with more agressiveness and try to dialogue and reason. Because 52 Clark and Diana are still out there. We need to bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post

Rucka's Diana is neither 52 nor post-crisis. It's doubly arbitrary and needless. She's a brand new character.
    This is my opinion of Batgirl since batgirl 35, his first moments in burnside, she is not barbara gordon, is another girl..

Before that, she was an admirable young hero..

I see his post-crisis time as AGENT PRICE.. But Fortunately, I've never seen the Rucka WW, I have my reasons and the rumors were bad.. With Rucka out one day(in chapters without Trevor) I will see the character again.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-19-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    This thing still going? Lord. Looks like they follow the dialogue from the vid.
    It's neverending. The series catched up with the story of the game and, from April, the Injustice 2 comic will fill the gap between the 1st game and the upcoming sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    The voice actor for Superman on JLA actually tweeted the dinner scene��
    Blasphemy! Sexism! He endorses the inherent misogyny of two people dining. Delete that tweet! Cancel the show!!!

Anyways, given that season 1 has been completed already, and it wouldn't do much good to drastically change something until season 2. People whining about what is essentially a new modern rendition of Superfriends need to get a life. I personally didn't mind some of the other unorthodox stuff featured in the other CN JL series like John and Hawkgirl when traditionally Shayera is with Carter (forget his alternate spelling)
    The show is action-oriented and Kal and Diana act as a team/duo most of the time, Repulse is an exception but what is essentially a JL cartoon for kids has to turn into the 5th season of L&C for some reason.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-19-2017 at 09:23 AM.

BANNED

People, we need to fight, we need to talk, we need to reason! We need to stop lamenting and responding to provocations and start dialoguing. Not me, I'm an idiot. We need someone well spoken who can present our arguments in a clear and concise manner. They need to go on these writer's twitter, ig, etc and start showing that this pairing had a lot of validity.

C'mon people, there's still time. We can still revert this.

People, we need to fight, we need to talk, we need to reason! We need to stop lamenting and responding to provocations and start dialoguing. Not me, I'm an idiot. We need someone well spoken who can present our arguments in a clear and concise manner. They need to go on these writer's twitter, ig, etc and start showing that this pairing had a lot of validity.

You have to ask to the admins of the SM/WW IG/tumblr to write a post to inform their followers how to (re)act and let their voices being heard (in a respectful manner, of course ).
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-19-2017 at 10:30 AM.

BANNED

You have to ask to the admins of the SM/WW IG/tumblr to write a post to inform their followers how to (re)act and let their voices being heard (in a respectful manner, of course ).
    We need a code of conduct. Forget the provocations. Reason and dialogue. Otherwise...

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/su...tml?sort=3&o=1

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/su...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/su...tml?sort=3&o=2

Infinite loop starts here. ^

dumbduck, I wish it were that simple. I understand your feelings on the matter but it is not just a matter of reasoning or reverting anything. We can counter some of the hate filled rants in social media but WB/DC is a huge industrial enterprise that has far bigger concerns than ANY perceived comic book pairing. It is not in their radar. There is no entity to reason to. Not one writer to convince. The choices have already been made.
    My advice would be to not worry about it too much. Comic book stories evolve. They are fickle. Ebb and flows, my friend. For instance, before the new52 we had but glimpses. Now you can read an ENTIRE series dedicated to our pairing and that cannot be undone. It is in print. It is being SOLD. It exists. Right now, the ship is not sailing in our direction but, like before, it could steady its course in the future. Not tomorrow mind you, but the medium evolves. In the meantime, BUY the comics that you enjoy. READ the stories that bring you happiness. WATCH the movies/series that you want. Stay positive. Get solace from the sm/ww stories you hold dear the most (and there are plenty to choose from).

We have some really really amazing panels, stories, animations and fan art that support what we like. I find it amazing! It is not a weird idea. It is different and unique. How cool is that?
    Relish it. And once you do, you will find that everything else is but noise.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

I'd add to the list Sensation Comics featuring Wonder Woman #48 and Hitch's JLA #1/10:
    Yep. Thanks! I forgot about Hitch's JLA issue. Will add it in next version.
    About Sensation Comics #48... I haven't read it, so I don't know if it is applicable. There are plenty of comic books with superman and wonder woman talking/interacting with each other that I don't feel applies to the list. Same reason I didn't add the Wendy comic, for example. But, if the folks here think those need to be included, I will do so!
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

We need a code of conduct. Forget the provocations. Reason and dialogue. Otherwise...

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/su...tml?sort=3&o=1

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/su...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/su...tml?sort=3&o=2

Infinite loop starts here. ^
    Good luck with Jurgens and Rucka, it would be easier to defeat Dormammu.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    About Sensation Comics #48... I haven't read it, so I don't know if it is applicable. There are plenty of comic books with superman and wonder woman talking/interacting with each other that I don't feel applies to the list. Same reason I didn't add the Wendy comic, for example. But, if the folks here think those need to be included, I will do so!
    I don't know your criteria for your list, but it's one of the best SM/WW interactions I've read in recent years.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

It doesn't matter, people have been protesting online at another comic book publisher known as Marvel comics over One More Day. There were still sales, and they have no problem keeping BND as a status quo. They have alternate universes where people upset about the marriage and who are married to the married character can go and get their fix. As far as canon goes, I wouldn't bother hoping. Any alternate universe is pretty much guaranteed to be by someone who likes the concept because they have to push for it at the main publisher to get it made. Besides, you save money by only buying the select continuity and out of continuity stuff they have made anyways. If you know me well enough, I am not here to insult you or anyone else. I am just not going to give you some kind of false hope on the matter.

IMO, you want romance, well these two are great in the alternate universes because it was by someone who likes the concept. There's a long list of those out there. On Xarek's list a few pages back
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 03-20-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    dumbduck, I wish it were that simple. I understand your feelings on the matter but it is not just a matter of reasoning or reverting anything. We can counter some of the hate filled rants in social media but WB/DC is a huge industrial enterprise that has far bigger concerns than ANY perceived comic book pairing. It is not in their radar. There is no entity to reason to. Not one writer to convince. The choices have already been made.
    My advice would be to not worry about it too much. Comic book stories evolve. They are fickle. Ebb and flows, my friend. For instance, before the new52 we had but glimpses. Now you can read an ENTIRE series dedicated to our pairing and that cannot be undone. It is in print. It is being SOLD. It exists. Right now, the ship is not sailing in our direction but, like before, it could steady its course in the future. Not tomorrow mind you, but the medium evolves. In the meantime, BUY the comics that you enjoy. READ the stories that bring you happiness. WATCH the movies/series that you want. Stay positive. Get solace from the sm/ww stories you hold dear the most (and there are plenty to choose from).

We have some really really amazing panels, stories, animations and fan art that support what we like. I find it amazing! It is not a weird idea. It is different and unique. How cool is that?
    Relish it. And once you do, you will find that everything else is but noise.
    Co-signed.

Guys we had freaking variant covers that many classic couples never got decades plus merch. They still pushing merch. Freaking Hot Topic had our couple plastered all over for a while. Which canon couple gets that? Not many apart from Batcat and JokerHarley. Together with SuperWonder these are the 3 most marketable DC couples. No contest there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    It doesn't matter, people have been protesting online at another comic book publisher known as Marvel comics over One More Day. There were still sales, and they have no problem keeping BND as a status quo.
    That may be the case for the core stuff, but they've actually never gotten rid of Peter and MJ's marriage. Before Renew Your Vows was a thing, the daily comic strip had been keeping it going, and still does.