Page 745 of 929 FirstFirst ... 245645695735741742743744745746747748749755795845 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,175 of 13927
    BANNED

People, when I say reverse, it's to try to convince DC to allow 52 Clark and Diana to be their own characters. I personally don't even need a book, just to know that they are out there together in the multiverse. With everything that's coming, I can't believe DC couldn't let us keep them, something to hang on to, something to call our own.

I don't know what's going to happen in JLAction, but if they end Clark and Diana there we'll be the only ones without a 'real' representation of our 'ship.

Some of you said that maybe in the future DC will revist Diana and Clark again, or maybe a 'verse with someone 'like' 52 Clark and 'like' 52 Diana. Why? Why, when these characters resonated so much with us? Why delete them from existance and start from scratch when we loved these characters for 5 years?

That's all I'm saying. I don't need main continuity or even a book, just to know that they were/are real.

EDIT: No idea what's going to happen in direct to home videos. James Tucker gave us some hope, but a good course of action would be to ask him and other people involved to at least allow their version of Clark and Diana to have a better send off, together, if the worst comes to pass.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 03-20-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I don't think they can have a send off in an ongoing narrative, the story/characters must go on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't think they can have a send off in an ongoing narrative, the story/characters must go on.
    You're talking about the DTHVideo movies? James Tucker said they wouldn't be 'rebirthing', but if they do, maybe we could keep the New52 Diana and Clark as separate versions that came from their own 'verse there.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    You're talking about the DTHVideo movies? James Tucker said they wouldn't be 'rebirthing', but if they do, maybe we could keep the New52 Diana and Clark as separate versions that came from their own 'verse there.
    Sorry, but it doesn't make sense. They are the "official" versions of SM and WW in the DCAU, they can't be retconned as some doppelgangers from elsewhere.

People, when I say reverse, it's to try to convince DC to allow 52 Clark and Diana to be their own characters. I personally don't even need a book, just to know that they are out there together in the multiverse. With everything that's coming, I can't believe DC couldn't let us keep them, something to hang on to, something to call our own.

I don't know what's going to happen in JLAction, but if they end Clark and Diana there we'll be the only ones without a 'real' representation of our 'ship.

Some of you said that maybe in the future DC will revist Diana and Clark again, or maybe a 'verse with someone 'like' 52 Clark and 'like' 52 Diana. Why? Why, when these characters resonated so much with us? Why delete them from existance and start from scratch when we loved these characters for 5 years?

That's all I'm saying. I don't need main continuity or even a book, just to know that they were/are real.
    Curious, why would you need validation from DC? Personally, I just ignore canon stories and continuity that I don't like. I suggest just ignoring whatever DC is doing in Rebirth (hit them where it hurts - their wallets) and stick to New 52 comics and Elseworlds.

Heck, I am and have always been a huge Dramione shipper (Draco and Hermione from Harry Potter) and I knew that's pretty much got a snowball's chance in hell of happening in canon. Didn't mind. That's what fanfic is for and there are literally thousands of well written Dramione fanfics (and even more of the not so well written ones ).
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Sorry, but it doesn't make sense. They are the "official" versions of SM and WW in the DCAU, they can't be retconned as some doppelgangers from elsewhere.
    But with the multiversity the possibilities are endless... I see what you're saying. I'd accept that they wouldn't be the 'official' versions. But I understand if the rest of the fandom wouldn't (accept it).

I understand what you're saying. It didn't fully hit me until now.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 03-20-2017 at 01:03 PM.

But with the multiversity the possibilities are endless... I see what you're saying. I'd accept that they wouldn't be the 'official' versions. But I see if the rest of the fandom wouldn't (accept it).
    It isn't a matter of fandom acceptance, it doesn't make sense from a creative/narrative standpoint. They'll never go for that route.

BANNED

It isn't a matter of fandom acceptance, it doesn't make sense from a creative/narrative standpoint. They'll never go for that route.
    They went, or are going to come very close to it with 52 Supes though.

Superman's treatment in Last Days/Rebirth is another kind of nonsense. I'll better judge the whole stuff after the conclusion of Reborn.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-20-2017 at 01:21 PM.

But they're aren't going that route with New 52 Clark since it was revealed him and Superdad are the same man split.

In the various interviews about the Wonder Woman movie, Patty Jenkins showed a lot of love for the Donner's Supes movie and the Superman character ispired her approach to Diana. "She's my Superman," Patty said.
    I guess she wouldn't have problem to have Superman and Wonder Woman talk to each other. :-)

And that's what happens if two Donner's fans (Patty and Geoff) make a movie together...

Superman will also sort of have a role in Diana's present day arc because he's the biggest plot device of the entire DCEU. :-)

"And in Justice League, she’s fully evolved into someone who’s embraced mankind, partly through Superman’s sacrifice. She’s like, ‘All right, I’ve got to pick it up.’ ”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...east/95949150/

Remind me of Infinite Crisis: "... the last time you really inspired anyone was when you were dead." :-)
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-20-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That may be the case for the core stuff, but they've actually never gotten rid of Peter and MJ's marriage. Before Renew Your Vows was a thing, the daily comic strip had been keeping it going, and still does.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Like I said, alternate universes. Not in the main 616. Newspaper and RYV are separate realities like the Millerverse is not the Rebirth universe. Please read what I said before you bother posting.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 03-20-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Jean Paul Gaultier refers to Superman and Wonder Woman as the Super Power Couple

Promo for the fragrances: https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3fzGTDC0y/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3mspiAsL5/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3jXxuhB9B/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Jean Paul Gaultier refers to Superman and Wonder Woman as the Super Power Couple

Promo for the fragrances: https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3fzGTDC0y/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3mspiAsL5/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3jXxuhB9B/
    The real question is whether this perfume smells good.

The real question is whether this perfume smells good.
    Ha! It should! Really loving the posters and promo vids. They also had a nice launch party a few weeks ago. With all that yeah it better smell good!