Page 824 of 929 FirstFirst ... 324724774814820821822823824825826827828834874924 ... LastLast
Results 12,346 to 12,360 of 13927
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Exactly why him having a fit makes no sense. If he resents her and she did nothing for him, why in the world would he be wearing HER gear
    Like I said, likely because Clark gave all that stuff to him to honor her.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's not really fair though to their reputation. They not only always implied it a lot but they actually did it a lot. In alternate tales sure, but they were never shy to do it there. Then after that, they did it in canon for real. So its really hard to make the argument that they're ever been cowardly about going there in some form or another. That they're not right now? The marriage returning and the kid is probably just still considered too fresh to go down the road again right away. And honestly I get that. We're going to get out-of-continuity projects for it again. Its only a matter of time.
    Then why go there at all? I get that rebirth is fresh but if they were never going to do it because of rebirth then why bother at all? At least until a few years later.
    They knew this would drum up interest but didn't pull the trigger, that's why I think it's cowardly. If you imply then why not go the whole nine yards and not duck out.

One can hope on your final statement, I just find it in poor taste to insinuate yet not go through with it so close after the end of new 52.
    Last edited by ssupes; 08-16-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The honoring is undeserving and still makes no sense. When honoring someone especially a parent, he shouldn't have resentment. This doesn't seem like an "Els/Kents" situation. He should have pride. He should be understanding the meaning of what he is wearing. He does not.

Again there is no way to make this seem good for Wonder Woman because she didn't raise her child. The gear means nothing. That significance has been unfairly taken away from her.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    The honoring is undeserving and still makes no sense. When honoring someone especially a parent, he shouldn't have resentment. This doesn't seem like an "Els/Kents" situation. He should have pride. He should be understanding the meaning of what he is wearing. He does not.

Again there is no way to make this seem good for Wonder Woman because she didn't raise her child. The gear means nothing. That significance has been unfairly taken away from her.
    You said that there was no indication that future Clark stood up for Diana. I gave you the example of Hunter's gear. What Hunter himself feels about it his gear is largely irrelevant to the specific statement I was responding to.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think he started to wear SM's cape and WW's gears on his own after he returned from Olympus and found out the League were dead. His way to honor his dead mother and adoptive father and 'cause the design looked cool (courtesy of Fernando Pasarin).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    They knew this would drum up interest but didn't pull the trigger, that's why I think it's cowardly. If you imply then why not go the whole nine yards and not duck out.
    Hitch was tweeting before this issue came out that people were jumping to the wrong conclusions about Hunter. When the very writer of the book is saying ''don't get your hopes up'', it's best to listen. Hitch is a Lois/Clark fan as much as a Clark/Diana fan. He likes both relationships, he was probably wrestling with the creative decisions a lot trying to appease both sides while still trying to give Clark and Diana some connection.

All I have to say is there are much holes in this story re time and events and am wondering if this story has been edited to fit into Rebirth. These kids appear out of nowhere and give a story. They rely on the version of events by Hunter and 2 lasso and the other kids confirm it too. No probs. Hunter believes this is his truth. No doubt it is his life. He thinks his mother dumped him because he has had 0 input from her. She has not contributed anything to the individual this boy has become. His morals are shaped by the Kents. Nothing from Diana. And it seems she's alive for a bit there until she, like the rest of the League vanished. Did she disappear naked? I don't get how or why he has her tiara and lasso etc. And no one on the League bothers to interrogate them. I mean how did they get access to Olympus? That cold mean Diana had nothing to do with Hunter. How did those satellite visits go? Diana strolled in and ignore Superman and Lois is raising her child? Bet your bottom dollar Batman is not going to buy this. He'll do his job and ask questions.

But back to Diana and making her seem a deadbeat mom. This is not a child of WW. Anymore than you'd call Conner a Lex Legacy character. Conner doesn't don Lex's armor because he might have some of his dna. He opts to adopt Superman's symbol because Clark is the hero. Superman and Lois are really his parents. He got his nurturing via them. Superman apparently never disabused the notion he had been dumped. You'd think as a friend of Diana...IF he is a true friend prob might have tried to explain the truth to Hunter but seems he allowed the kid to believe this notion too. And Clark never even questions Hunter nor doubted the veracity of it in the issue. I kinda feel a real friend might have stood up for their friend.

Like Clark doesn't go, " that doesn't sound like Diana. Are you sure?"

Diana herself doesn't even say something like, "I am sorry I can't understand why I would do something like that." She is cold, sulky and left very miserable. The rest of the League are like who cares about this very awkward situation,. All of them are real happy and she is deserted herself.

And Clark her so called friend isn't too bothered by the devastation of her face. He is in a hurry to take Hunter away from his biological mother. No checking and clarifying the details etc before they just take em home? He doesn't go to her and say, Diana, I'm sorry. Maybe I should take Hunter home? Are you okay if I...?

See its these things that make me think they are ooc. But then I honestly don't even know the Rebirth status quo. I don't think they are really such close friends. Heck Rebirth Diana is an messy character in that not sure her deal etc with insanity.

This is, on the surface of it, tossing Diana under the bus. Big time. Just to give Hunter some cool gear from Diana. There is no need for this kid to be raised by SM and Lois unless the mother died, the father died...if the kid has no father...surely Diana had Steve or Etta etc to pass the child to? But the kid is raised by SM and Lois because they want to have him have that cape on his back too. Looks cool, you know. Two legacies. But we can't mess up Rebirth Superman. And no one's going to be that curious if the kid is just wearing one legacy. Another Superboy. Been there. Done that. A blond Wonderboy indicating it is her and Steve. Be so easy, right? No. You see, that is not going to make the community talk. There needs to be baby daddy / mama drama. Let's do it at Diana's expense. Heck she might even be Sovereign.

Hunter has to have been lied to big time for his protection and Superman has to be in on it too for them to make Diana's role in this story remotely tolerable.
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-17-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Whatever Hitch's intentions were, JL #27 and Diana's treatment came off as trollish even for me that I was expecting Clark to "adopt" Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yep. That's how its insinuated here. Though I'm still thinking Diana might have made him out of clay. But either way she'd still be his mother in every way Hippolyta was Diana's mother when she had that origin.
    Questions begs to be asked. Why would Diana make a BOY of clay? Hippolyta did a girl. Because logically as an Amazon she'd long for a daughter and boys not allowed on Themyscira. This is the issue re the clay baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Whatever Hitch's intentions were, the issue (Diana's treatment) came off as trollish even for me that I was expecting Clark to "adopt" Hunter.
    Indeed. Until the story explains more, Diana is painted in a bad light. Just so Superman can look like some saint. At least for the moment. I mean the Kid is a great concept. If he had to stick around, which side is he gonna go? The Kents. Or the amazons that really don't want his kind. He is not really a smww legacy because clothes doesn't make the man.Nurturing does. He is a SM legacy in some cool looking clothes. when Kal discovered his heritage, he don it with pride and reverence. Hunter actually thinks that Amazons don't want his gender around them. Even in his time. His mom dumped him. It's odd he even in the gear. Unless it is some deep need to belong, even to something that he thinks loathes him.

I really miss new 52 Diana.
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-17-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Indeed. Until the story explains, Diana is painted in a bad light. Just so Superman can look some saint.
    Yeah, Diana spends the whole issue making sad faces while Superman nonchalantly brings Hunter back to home to his "true" mother/family (Lois/Jon). Not a fan of how the thing was executed, it gave me similar vibe of Path of Doom (AC #957/962) where Diana is used as mouthpiece to prop the new/old status quo.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-17-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, Diana spends the whole issue making sad faces while Superman nonchalantly brings Hunter back to home to his "true" mother/family (Lois/Jon). Not a fan of how the thing was executed, it gave me similar vibe of Path of Doom (AC #957/962) where Diana is used as mouthpiece to prop the new/old status quo.
    Reminds me a bit of little zod in Justice League Beyond. The son of the dna of Diana and Lord Superman. The kid gets kidnapped as a baby. Diana doesn't even know if he is alive. The kid thinks his parents abandoned him. He is furious. But Diana tries to reach out to him. She is full of apologies. She honestly did not know. There is still a lot of tension because the boy is so very angry and hurt. This is why this Diana's behavior to me feel off. It's all to depict her in this issue as the deadbeat mom no matter the other issues. Even Justice League Beyond Clark is a better friend to her in that storyline than this Rebirth Clark. I am sorry I find Rebirth Clark "friendship" nothing like pre nu 52 Clark. The guy has not really stepped up to act as a friend or a man that actually appreciates Diana as a person as I have seen the countless times he's done in post crisis canon. Diana has been a mouth piece for his status quo though.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Reminds me a bit of little zod in Justice League Beyond. The son of the dna of Diana and Lord Superman. The kid gets kidnapped as a baby. Diana doesn't even know if he is alive. The kid thinks his parents abandoned him. He is furious. But Diana tries to reach out to him. She is full of apologies. She honestly did not know. There is still a lot of tension because the boy is so very angry and hurt. This is why this Diana's behavior to me feel off. It's all to depict her in this issue as the deadbeat mom no matter the other issues. Even Justice League Beyond Clark is a better friend to her in that storyline than this Rebirth Clark. I am sorry I find Rebirth Clark "friendship" nothing like pre nu 52 Clark. The guy has not really stepped up to act as a friend or a man that actually appreciates Diana as a person as I have seen the countless times he's done in post crisis canon. Diana has been a mouth piece for his status quo though.
    Their pre-PF friendship is not here anymore (not yet anyway). We'll see if the next JL issue(s) will give us a better "vibe".