Page 859 of 929 FirstFirst ... 359759809849855856857858859860861862863869909 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,885 of 13927
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I need to know which writer said this.
    Already sent to you and dumbduck.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-15-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Already sent to you and dumbduck.
    Thanks and lol. They must be so butthurt with the success of WW!!!!! hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Thanks and lol. They must be so butthurt with the success of WW!!!!! hehehe.
    Especially for the fact that she was successful without having to be changed into something that she's not. She stayed true to her "boring" self.

SMWW just make some people really butthurt. Im used to even really sexist claims against Dianna form some clois fans

Also, i liked this form Helacre tumblr

http://hellacre13.tumblr.com/post/16...-woman-pairing

Truth. SMWW have story , when they are together is in continuities where the are not taken , In N52 , they had a true relationship

On the other hand, BMWW owes almost all its popularity to a cartoon where there was no relationship, just a schoolgirl crush on Dianas part and in the same universe where Bruce banged Barbara Gordon , that says a lot about the mindset behind the ship

SMWW fans are usually fans of both characters. With all respect, wonderbats fans usually dont care about Diana, they just want her either away of precious Clois, or as Bruce Trophy, very rarely is about her

^^^I don't want to discuss the other fanbases here but SM/WW, Wondertrev and Clois share fans too. It's not like people have to like just one or the other.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-16-2018 at 10:03 AM.

I’m mostly concerned about Diana’s portrayal. If she is treated unfairly in any thing I’ll criticize it. I’m not blind to if something is done wrong. And most of us won’t accept just anything either. Both characters, especially Diana has to be respected. Just as Tomasi was writing Diana, many of us, male and female, were very vocal to him. He acknowledged as such stated multiple times in interviews.

Comics aren’t the end all be all. Canon or not, that doesn’t and never has defined SMWW. You have real world couples daily with their personal stories I really adore. The interactions and following/support increases daily on IG, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook...

Like what you like and respect others opinion but there’s no need to dictate others. No ship is perfect after all anyway?

Back to Appreciating....

A nicely done DCEU vid: https://instagram.com/p/Bd3KB5LhcmG/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Comics aren’t the end all be all. Canon or not, that doesn’t and never has defined SMWW. You have real world couples daily with their personal stories I really adore. The interactions and following/support increases daily on IG, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook...
    But SM/WW has to be represented in comics and/or other media or it'll become a stale abstract concept and eventually fade away.

I noticed that around the release of the WW movie, the SM/WW insta start getting almost 100 new followers a day and, around JL's release, 100 new followers a week but there have not been big increases of followers in between.

Even if WW and JL didn't feature SM/WW, they somehow brought new fans/followers. Imagine if they featured it. So, a media representation is important. (No, Injustice doesn't count. )
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-16-2018 at 01:41 PM.

BANNED

But SM/WW has to be represented in comics and/or other media or it'll become a stale abstract concept and eventually fade away.

I noticed that around the release of the WW movie, the SM/WW insta start getting almost 100 new followers a day and, around JL's release, 100 new followers a week but there have not been big increases of followers in between.

Even if WW and JL didn't feature SM/WW, they somehow brought new fans/followers. Imagine if they featured it. So, a media representation is important. (No, Injustice doesn't count.
    Yes, that's why I think we shouldn't complain against official licensed merch as well. Anything is better than nothing in the public eye, and it shows they know the pairing sells.

Last edited by dumbduck; 01-16-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Even if WW and JL didn't feature SM/WW, they somehow brought new fans/followers. Imagine if they featured it. So, a media representation is important. (No, Injustice doesn't count. )
    What I’m saying is, people don’t care about continuity, canon or non, it’s just if a certain panel or selected pages are posted, it just may attract attention so comics in general can go either way. I’ve seen fanart that gets a drastic amount of attention even more than comic panels. The merchandise (the his/her pairing stuff or SMWW kiss/selfie tees) attracts fans. As of now, seems couple tats and rings, wedding/maternity photo shoots are the in thing right now.

The IG following, it’s complicated with any account. There’s a massive jump, stop and stall then another massive boost. Which I think is do to IG filtering through spam/idle accounts.

All in all, SMWW has representation and I believe always will.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-16-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Yes, that's why I think we shouldn't complain against official licensed merch as well. Anything is better than nothing in the public eye, and it shows they know the pairing sells.
    This kind of merch are "inevitable" if you think about it.

Superman and Wonder Woman are the "idealized" male and female superheroes. Who they will use as the faces of products aimed to both sexes or couple?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-16-2018 at 02:47 PM.

What I’m saying is, people don’t care about continuity, canon or non, it’s just if a certain panel or selected pages are posted, it just may attract attention so comics in general can go either way. I’ve seen fanart that gets a drastic amount of attention even more than comic panels. The merchandise (the his/her pairing stuff or SMWW kiss/selfie tees) attracts fans. As of now, seems couple tats and rings, wedding/maternity photo shoots are the in thing right now.

The IG following, it’s complicated with any account. There’s a massive jump, stop and stall then another massive boost. Which I think is do to IG filtering through spam/idle accounts.

All in all, SMWW has representation and I believe always will.
    Still it's to much "abstract" for my taste. It make them like a fan-fiction pairing like Supergirl + WW. Their dynamic/friendship, etc need exposure.

Still it's to much "abstract" for my taste. It make them like a fan-fiction pairing like Supergirl + WW. Their dynamic/friendship, etc need exposure.

Exactly, and it does not look good

Besides, people is relaly petty about this . Poster Miles to Go, in other thread, was apparently happy about a fun all ages DC cartoon like Action being axed because it features SMWW .

Heh, well SMWW is already abstract according to some because it’s mixing two different myths/franchises even though both are under a shared universe. It doesn’t align with traditional expectations. I don’t know I would rather for elseworld stories than some of the writing DC has currently.

If not for Soule/Daniel. I would’ve liked for a female writer’s take, honestly.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-16-2018 at 03:09 PM.

JLA was in a bad time slot and was only shown 1 time only on 1 day (Saturday). No reruns and no advertisement from CN. CN reruns the same 5 shows everyday. So it’s not the shows fault, it’s CN’s mishandling.

JLA was in a bad time slot and was only shown 1 time only on 1 day (Saturday). No reruns and no advertisement from CN. CN reruns the same 5 shows everyday. So it’s not the shows fault, it’s CN’s mishandling.
    totally, but be ready for some people to say it was because it featured SuperWonder