Page 890 of 929 FirstFirst ... 390790840880886887888889890891892893894900 ... LastLast
Results 13,336 to 13,350 of 13927

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/26/d...-movie-comics/

In the end the film willn't be as "faithful" as they said, here some changes, without doubt is based on the universe of JL WAR ... although they don't mention Diana, it is not strange, it seems clear that suddenly in this movie Superman is with Lois and not with Diana, great! good job DC! is it clear that those who direct DC are currently Clois fans.
    In the comics? SM and WW are together and out of nowhere SM and LL are married and have a child! Of course!!
    In the movies? SM and WW are together and now out of nowhere again ... SM and LL are together, maybe married and it is not strange that they have a child there ... possibly not even mentioned why Clark and Diana are no longer together ... Of course! fantastic job!
    I don't really know why DC does this ... at the executive and sales levels it's very bad, they're going to really lose a fandom, and that means less money ...

I think DC willn't get anything else from me, until they have their next restart and change administrative team, because for nonsense like this and to insult my intelligence I prefer not to spend a penny on them.

This is really amazing, I loved DC Comics. I was never really interested in Marvel, but after Rebirth, it's getting harder and harder to imagine loving DC again like I used to. Maybe Marvel may not be better than DC in terms of treating their couples well, but now I prefer them much more. Like me, I imagine that there will be many others who will do the same
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 03-27-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/26/d...-movie-comics/

In the end the film willn't be as "faithful" as they said, here some changes, without doubt is based on the universe of JL WAR ... although they don't mention Diana, it is not strange, it seems clear that suddenly in this movie Superman is with Lois and not with Diana, great! good job DC! is it clear that those who direct DC are currently Clois fans.
    In the comics? SM and WW are together and out of nowhere SM and LL are married and have a child! Of course!!
    In the movies? SM and WW are together and now out of nowhere again ... SM and LL are together, maybe married and it is not strange that they have a child there ... possibly not even mentioned why Clark and Diana are no longer together ... Of course! fantastic job!
    I don't really know why DC does this ... at the executive and sales levels it's very bad, they're going to really lose a fandom, and that means less money ...

I think DC willn't get anything else from me, until they have their next restart and change administrative team, because for nonsense like this and to insult my intelligence I prefer not to spend a penny on them.

This is really amazing, I loved DC Comics. I was never really interested in Marvel, but after Rebirth, it's getting harder and harder to imagine loving DC again like I used to. Maybe Marvel may not be better than DC in terms of treating their couples well, but now I prefer them much more. Like me, I imagine that there will be many others who will do the same
    I feel ya. Well Diana Nelson just took an absence of leave. So not sure what that is about and Johns, they said his portfolio is shrinking. I am positive there will be changes following the tanking of the JL movie etc but having moved to Burbank seems to me WB and DC do not have a clue. All of these decisions prob took place when they Rebirthed. Animation takes a while to story board and do...so I think they wanted this synergy with the JL movie. How this feature will fair is up in the air to be honest. Killing SM again...after it has been badly done...Doomsday again...he's not the most interesting of foes...Will this feature be successful? Or will it follow the fate of Superman Unbound? It has the JL sure and trying to use the new 52 to capture the audience into the JL War verse but if this first part can't be interesting enough to make people buy the second part...eh, will this decision bite them in the behind? We shall see because it is coming off as DC doing the same content with Superman over and over. Nothing is new. Nothing is fresh. They same events take place in every verse. That's kinda boring.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Keep going. It's gratifying and sad there is so much material. DC willing to ignore. In the 13th Letter. That simmering ember flares again between them. Clark's jealousy is evident. There are a few moments in Our Worlds at War you have to accept that Clark has very complex feelings for her. Or in that JLA 0 issue by Meltzer where Clark's face when she announces her marriage. She was the one who even cradles him in her arms when he loses Pa. I think that might have been one of the few moments he cried for his father. I think Clark and Diana feels safe to be vulnerable with each other. That is what is one of the best things I like about them.
    The way they were able to be vulnerable and open with one another was a big draw for me too regarding these two characters.

Also thank you Last Son for taking us down memory lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

[
    You know these kind of images and panels through the years causes so much mixed emotions. You see Diana there for emotional support. She lets him be vulnerable, pushes him to be 100% himself and not feel as though being not a human man is a burden. There’s a page I’ve come across somewhere in which Diana was his moral compass/conscious. Clark confiding in her without hesitation and being truthful and everything from jump. Diana also being more vulnerable with him. She was written to show more of her feminine side. There is just a lot more showing than telling with them. Their relationship is never easy and actual effort is put in it instead of relying on default tradition.

Rebirth wants to force this just friends mentality but that’s not how their relationship is/was. That bond of inconvenient love for each other IMO, is what makes their relationship click and work. Forcing whatever this is in Rebirth, their very little interaction is so empty, unnatural and robotic. Years of this connection built up is supposedly false and not real etc etc. we suppose to act like that’s not how it was written or it didn’t happen at all. LOL whatever.

Wonder Woman was to be the answer and counterpart to Superman. Give challenge, be equal. You know true feminism. A love interest obviously wasn’t meant to be but that again is what makes it even more special. Their relationship evolves naturally to this. Yet, it’s mind boggling that in 2018, some Superman fans can’t handle that, saying Wonder Woman should know her place and act like their egos have shattered when she is spotlighted. With Rebirth, that’s exactly how she is being written, like she is being forced into a place behind, to rely on men, being taught and guided, men are better. She lacks personality, confidence, easily pushed aside. Her solo book has been hijacked by Darksied, Steve, and Jason. Ugh.

Even with new52’s controversies, Diana was written a 100x better, had personality, more mature, had an interesting supporting cast, and was shown as an equal fighter and leader. They fact that now, she is a demigoddess but human bullets and other sharp human objects can hurt her is insane. She can’t even win in a fight and constantly looks like a chump that talks big without backing it up like she did in yesterday’s WW issue.

Tomasi said it was difficult and hard to write her, because she demanded spotlight, equal page time and a complexed character. Well duh never mind the fact it’s a joint book. Even the way he wrote Clark in truth, which was OOC, was like he was projecting his feelings toward her character that Clark actually gets mad, waddle with a little ego because Diana is trying to take care of him. He decided to write her out her own joint book, because it was hard to balance. Though of course he was more than satisfied with Rebirth, saying its easier and easily write solo arcs etc.

Superman is suppose to be the man of Tomorrow, yet is constantly regressing and stagnant to the 50s mindset. Constantly given things so easily and stories have quick fixes, the character honestly hold little depth anymore in the world of Today, let alone Tomorrow. The repetitive stories is such a drag. Superman has been a character that’s been around for 80 years sure, Superman’s celebration is more about a pair of panties, and instead of being the hero of the world, he is playing old self-righteous preachy American dad. He also dies for the umpteenth time and gets a relaunch retelling of yet another new origin. There’s a big difference in being around for 80 years and what has gone on within those 80 years. Pretty sure Batman’s 80th will for sure be a lot more effort put in and a lot more interesting with new stories instead of retellings with edits.

Two outsiders, Gods in their own way are written so much more “human” together and more connected. They selflessly sacrifice themselves and their relationship together for the world to be put first. There’s no question of should they be the heroes they chose to be or whine because they are heroes. Saying they need human love interests to connect them to humanity makes them NOT human and selfish jerks. Kal and Diana also brings the acceptance of diversity, being otherworldly without feeling it’s a burden, without apology and without changing to fit in and belittling themselves to try to comfort other people’s selfish insecurities. No matter what, this is why I root for Kal and Diana.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 03-29-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wonder Woman #44 variant for Superman's 80th anniversary by Jenny Frison...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Also thank you Last Son for taking us down memory lane.
    You're welcome. I hope that, among the comics I've listed, you found stories you hadn't read yet.

Well that's an interesting cover. I wonder about the storyline though. What's the plot about?

You're welcome. I hope that, among the comics I've listed, you found stories you hadn't read yet.
    There were about a couple I haven't read yet.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Well that's an interesting cover. I wonder about the storyline though. What's the plot about?
    Just Diana vs Darkseid, Clark will not be in the story.
    In April, Superman will appear on the variant covers of each DC series to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the character.
    This is the solicit...

Wonder Woman #44
    “AMAZONS ATTACKED” part four! When last they met, Wonder Woman was robbed of a chance to meet Darkseid in single combat—and she’s certain she’d be able to take him down. At last, she’s going to get her wish—but with Darkseid at full power, is she still sure she’ll survive?

There were about a couple I haven't read yet.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    You know these kind of images and panels through the years causes so much mixed emotions. You see Diana there for emotional support. She lets him be vulnerable, pushes him to be 100% himself and not feel as though being not a human man is a burden. There’s a page I’ve come across somewhere in which Diana was his moral compass/conscious. Clark confiding in her without hesitation and being truthful and everything from jump.
    The Red Glass storyline?

Rebirth wants to force this just friends mentality but that’s not how their relationship is/was. That bond of inconvenient love for each other IMO, is what makes their relationship click and work. Forcing whatever this is in Rebirth, their very little interaction is so empty, unnatural and robotic.
    The problems with their friendship didn't originate with Rebirth. As I keep repeating, they are back more or less as they were during 2006/2011.

Tomasi said it was difficult and hard to write her, because she demanded spotlight, equal page time and a complexed character. Well duh never mind the fact it’s a joint book. Even the way he wrote Clark in truth, which was OOC, was like he was projecting his feelings toward her character that Clark actually gets mad, waddle with a little ego because Diana is trying to take care of him. He decided to write her out her own joint book, because it was hard to balance.
    Yeah, it sort of looks this way now that you said it.
    The DC You era was a weird time, editors demanded deconstruction and changes for the sake of change even if they didn't make sense. For example, the Aquaman's writer had been asked to turn Mera into a villain that wants to kill Aquaman. No kidding.

A fan of the pairing wrote a blog post about why he loves Superman and Wonder Woman as a couple: https://nightwalkercrypt.wordpress.c...n-as-a-couple/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-29-2018 at 06:34 PM.

I own many smww covers ...preflashpoint and new 52 and variants. I will not be buying anything again. This does not interest me in the least. My pocket is enjoying the rest.

Superman rescues Diana in JL #42...

Full preview: https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...ice-league-42/

Hi guys and gals. It's been a while. Staying away from comics. But still a fan of smww of course!
    Have you ever read Alex Ross' original pitch for KC? I read it was published on Wizard magazine in 1998. I would be curious to know the differences with the final product.
    You mean this issue? Published in 1999.
    w1999_1.jpg

The changes pertaining to smww are:
    w1999_2.jpg
    w1999_3.jpg

For those curious enough about kingdom come, I could scan the whole article in the future. No promises though!
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Another promo for DC Super Hero VR Experience

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DenwdZ...ure=youtu.beDC Super Hero VR Experience

I honestly now would like a full on Superman/Wonder Woman video game. Challenges from the Gods would be thrilling!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Another promo for DC Super Hero VR Experience

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DenwdZ...ure=youtu.beDC Super Hero VR Experience

I honestly now would like a full on Superman/Wonder Woman video game. Challenges from the Gods would be thrilling!
    This is a great idea, it would wash away the bad taste of Injustice.