Page 899 of 929 FirstFirst ... 399799849889895896897898899900901902903909 ... LastLast
Results 13,471 to 13,485 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I need those shoes!!

Just gorgeous art of new 52 smww by Steven Defendini. Funny to see so much new 52 smww art. And they say no one wants or likes them! Oh these crazy people.

This is beautiful! <3

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Hey Last Son the producers that like smww are not the old folks at DC. Here is another example of many we have seen reference them.

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...nder-reference

SuperWonder Reference ��

Kensi: Ah, Deeks.
    Deeks: Hey, yeah. Uh, tonight. Let’s, you want to talk? Yeah.
    Kensi: Yeah. Let’s start with my gym bag. Where is it?
    Deeks: Evidence locker. Your gym bag was part of the operation, so it had to go to the evidence locker.
    Kensi: My sports bras are not supposed to be part of any operation. This is a gross invasion of my privacy.
    Deeks: Well, the good news is this team totally respects your privacy. So you’re fine. Also this team thinks it’s totally awesome yet a little bit predictable that you wear a Wonder Woman sports bra.
    Kensi: Okay, I wouldn’t exactly call them Wonder Woman-
    Deeks: No, I saw it. That’s what it was.
    Kensi: You weren’t supposed to be-
    Deeks: They’re perfect ‘cause they match my Superman underwear.
    Kensi: I didn’t need to know that.
    Deeks: I didn’t need to tell you that.
    Kensi: (Laugh) Okay.

NCIS: Los Angeles -Season 5, Episode 21 “Three Hearts.”

What’s the three hearts?
    “He said that everybody’s got three hearts. The first heart, that’s the one you show to strangers. The second heart? Only your family gets to see that. Your family and the person put on this Earth to walk by your side. Your soul mate. But that third heart is the thing. Never let anyone see it. There’s too much truth inside. Too much risk.”

And apparently these two allow each other to see that. It's besties with a latent tension that think about what could be but don't want to try else they might ruin what they have. That's preflashpoint smww for sure.

Oh, I didn't know about that one. SM/WW was referenced also in Bones and Blue Bloods.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-19-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Oh, I didn't know about that one. SM/WW was referenced also in Bones and Blue Bloods.
    And then we saw those 2 French comedy/romance movies very recently actually using the smww imagery for their male and female protagonists.

And then we saw those 2 French comedy/romance movies very recently actually using the smww imagery for their male and female protagonists.
    I guess that WB/DC has a problem to catch up on.
    Always had a problem to catch up on. I mean, in Japanese animation, SM and WW already had a daughter in the 80s.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-19-2018 at 10:27 AM.

BANNED

WB/DC always had a problem to catch up on. I mean, in Japanese animation, SM and WW already had a daughter in the 80s.
    Clark has a kid now, so they have caught up. It's just not the mother you want

(though Miller's DK series gave Clark and Diana their kid before Jon came about, so there's that I guess)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-19-2018 at 10:26 AM.

I'm just waiting for Elseworlds stuff. There's only so long I can hold onto being mad at certain things when they don't go my way. Its been two years, and my fandom for Superman himself will always supercede shipping. Doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan of Kal and Diana today than I was yesterday, just that my first love is the overall mythos. Hell the only reason it took a drastic getting used to was because they rebooted the main continuity, something at the time I didn't even anticipate happening, then reverted back. That was the jolt. Before then I was perfectly content with a main continuity set with him and Lois and getting SM/WW elsewhere. Going back to that framework isn't a big deal after getting used to the their main line constant reworkings. Its just waiting for it now. I don't know how long or if ever the main line will get really steady again, but it seems to be steady enough in their minds at this point that they're moving toward some new imprints now, which I always knew was around the corner. Be it this Black Label line or something else, there will be something eventually.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-19-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm just waiting for Elseworlds stuff. There's only so long I can hold onto being mad at certain things when they don't go my way. Its been two years, and my fandom for Superman himself will always supercede shipping. Doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan of Kal and Diana today than I was yesterday, just that my first love is the overall mythos. Hell the only reason it took a drastic getting used to was because they rebooted the main continuity, something at the time I didn't even anticipate happening, then reverted back. That was the jolt. Before then I was perfectly content with a main continuity set with him and Lois and getting SM/WW elsewhere. Going back to that framework isn't a big deal after getting used to the their main line constant reworkings. Its just waiting for it now. I don't know how long or if ever the main line will get really steady again, but it seems to be steady enough in their minds at this point that they're moving toward some new imprints now, which I always knew was around the corner. Be it this Black Label line or something else, there will be something eventually.
    Well, Sacred, at least you take away the main message from Superman. Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Clark has a kid now, so they have caught up. It's just not the mother you want

(though Miller's DK series gave Clark and Diana their kid before Jon came about, so there's that I guess)
    Ross/Waid's KC did it before Miller.

I'm just waiting for Elseworlds stuff. There's only so long I can hold onto being mad at certain things when they don't go my way. Its been two years, and my fandom for Superman himself will always supercede shipping. Doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan of Kal and Diana today than I was yesterday, just that my first love is the overall mythos. Hell the only reason it took a drastic getting used to was because they rebooted the main continuity, something at the time I didn't even anticipate happening, then reverted back. That was the jolt. Before then I was perfectly content with a main continuity set with him and Lois and getting SM/WW elsewhere. Going back to that framework isn't a big deal after getting used to the their main line constant reworkings. Its just waiting for it now.
    Like another book set in the Millerverse? Cause over the past decade, SM/WW was mostly featured there (ASBAB, Mater Race).

Actually, I've mentioned this in the thread for Miller's Year One, but I would all but guarantee that he'd do something with it there if the book is successful and they publish a sequel. And I only say a sequel because I doubt the story will allow for Clark meeting Diana yet, since Clark doesn't actually become Superman until the end. But I could easily see it happening, even being endgame, in that verse if Miller gets to build on it consistently.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-19-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Actually, I've mentioned this in the thread for Miller's Year One, but I would all but guarantee that he'd do something with it there if the book is successful and they publish a sequel. And I only say a sequel because I doubt the story will allow for Clark meeting Diana yet, since Clark doesn't actually become Superman until the end. But I could easily see it happening, even being endgame, in that verse if Miller gets to build on it consistently.
    Yeah, I too can see it happening if there's a sequel. Probably Superman: Year One is also set in the Millerverse where Diana and Kal got together early on.

I guess that WB/DC has a problem to catch up on.
    Always had a problem to catch up on. I mean, in Japanese animation, SM and WW already had a daughter in the 80s.
    Project A-ko should get remastered.

Oh highly likely. I would be surprised if Diana was at all there. Same for Batman. Unless he has them as part of the landscape. Doesn't have to equal to any major meeting or relationships yet. I know he likes Diana and likes the pairing because he doesn't see Superman in the confined way canon likes to keep him "grounded' . A god tamed by humans...who doesn't know he is a god and discovering it. Should be interesting to see Superman finally go back to being more akin to Moses than Jesus and embracing of his heritage and his responsibilities than this I'll take the powers but I'm just a farmboy hick and that is all I am though I use these Godlike powers all the time to impact on the lives of those around me.

I know there will be several women in his Superman's life and that should be interesting because as Frank says...he is a handsome, charming guy and (really, if you have a man looking like Cavill) Diana figuring in his life when he knows who and what he is prob more likely. So we will prob get the SM regulars like all the LL's.
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-19-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Project A-ko should get remastered.
    Should get remade! lol.