Page 904 of 929 FirstFirst ... 404804854894900901902903904905906907908914 ... LastLast
Results 13,546 to 13,560 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman and Wonder Woman meet fans at the Indianapolis Indians game at Victory Field...

That is soooo beautiful!!!!

Incredible Member

So Tomasi gets to write the end of SM/WW not once but twice, I dread to see how he can top it this time.

I don't think there's going to BE an end to SM/WW in the animated films. Outside of maybe a throwaway line, everything I've seen suggests their relationship will just be ignored.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-16-2018 at 03:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't think there's going to BE an end to SM/WW in the animated films. Outside of maybe a throwaway line, everything I've seen suggests their relationship will just be ignored.
    Hopefully sacred, though a part of me will always be skeptical over how the new 52 ended.

Superman and Wonder Woman meet fans at the Indianapolis Indians game at Victory Field...
    It's always nice to see the new 52 still used in advertising and how they stood out as the figureheads of it.

Let's hope there's more SMWW in the future, then.

On a side note, if there was to be a SMWW marriage - will it be a bit awkward now since Diana is a goddess or a a demi-goddess?
    Assuming there's a church involved. Wonder what the other deities will think.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    I'd always be up for that, I mean surely rucka wouldn't throw a fit if it appeared in a elseworld, surely.

On a side note, if there was to be a SMWW marriage - will it be a bit awkward now since Diana is a goddess or a a demi-goddess?
    I think it would be more of a ceremony where there would be a mixture of cultures coming together much like how the characters are, so I guess everyone would be okay with it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    So Tomasi gets to write the end of SM/WW not once but twice, I dread to see how he can top it this time.
    He gets to kill NuSuperman not one but twice too. He's becoming the go-to guy for this stuff.

I recall a scene in the sneak peek of DoS where Diana looked pissed at Clark, I got a "post break-up" vibe out of it.

I'm afraid we will not see the "rupture" maybe just be mentioned at some point and that at best, maybe Clark or Diana say they broke because they were incompatible or something ...

Dammit! I can't wait to see new SMWW content, be it canon or AU!
    I do not know, Clark is Catholic? Christian? or something like that? as it was said possibly a mix of cultures or 2 marriages. If I remember correctly, God exists in the DC universe, I don't remember what it is called, but perhaps the gods and saints of Greece, Nordics or others are just children or something of him.

I recall a scene in the sneak peek of DoS where Diana looked pissed at Clark, I got a "post break-up" vibe out of it.
    That might have been the scene where she tells him not to hold back against Doomsday. Unless she's kempt in the scene you're recalling.

Either way I'll only find out about it second-hand, I don't have any plans on watching it. I liked the New 52 and I liked the original Death of Superman, and its looking like it will do justice to neither. And Tomasi's involvement almost guarantees Jon somehow or another, quite possibly once again at the expense of Kon, and overall I found his Rebirth work unimaginably overrated to begin with.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

That might have been the scene where she tells him not to hold back against Doomsday. Unless she's kempt in the scene you're recalling.

Either way I'll only find out about it second-hand, I don't have any plans on watching it. I liked the New 52 and I liked the original Death of Superman, and its looking like it will do justice to neither. And Tomasi's involvement almost guarantees Jon somehow or another, quite possibly once again at the expense of Kon, and overall I found his Rebirth work unimaginably overrated to begin with.
    Like me, if they respect superwonder I'll see it , but I doubt it. It will probably be another way to remind me of the end of the new 52 and the garbage of Rebirth. that Mystic the wife of Jerry O'Connell (Superman) gives voice to Lois is not hopeful ...

I just have little interest because of its drastic departure from the source, and from the fact I just think overall in regards to Superman and his mythos Tomasi is subpar at best. His passion in the Superverse if he has one is Jon, and in the comics it showed. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if, when the duology is completed, it ended up just one long, drawn out way to get Jon into the continuity. Really has nothing to do with SM/WW in this case as frankly I don't ever think he really did bad by them in the first place. Worst thing he ever did is just not write as good a series as his predecessor in Soule. I never bought he actively sabotaged anything though, at the very least not until it was mandated to do so when the Rebirth idea was formed. Frankly the only writer I accuse of hacking it up with purposeful malice when it came to the SM/WW concept was Rucka.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-17-2018 at 02:51 PM.

I just have little interest because of its drastic departure from the source, and from the fact I just think overall in regards to Superman and his mythos Tomasi is subpar at best. His passion in the Superverse if he has one is Jon, and in the comics it showed. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if, when the duology is completed, it ended up just one long, drawn out way to get Jon into the continuity. Really has nothing to do with SM/WW in this case as frankly I don't ever think he really did bad by them in the first place. Worst thing he ever did is just not write as good a series as his predecessor in Soule. I never bought he actively sabotaged anything though, at the very least not until it was mandated to do so when the Rebirth idea was formed. Frankly the only writer I accuse of hacking it up with purposeful malice when it came to the SM/WW concept was Rucka.
    but was not he the one who caused Clark to break up with Diana for not being as powerful as before? and was not he the one who said in Rebirth that Lois was better than Diana for having a pulitzer? I think that Rucka, Jurgens and Tomasi hate SMWW and have shown it several times

Nah, I refer to this scene: https://youtu.be/IEZkwraCDYY?t=4m51s

She seems pissed at him.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    but was not he the one who caused Clark to break up with Diana for not being as powerful as before?
    It was part of the Truth crossover drama. In the same month Clark was "banned" from Metropolis (AC) and Gotham (BM/SM) and was mad at Diana (SM/WW) and Lois (SM). See the parallels.

However, when the first issue of Truth came out, DC had already decided to kill Superman and replace him with "Superdad", so the storyline ended up being a year-long filler to get rid of him.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-17-2018 at 09:45 PM.

From Jack Herbert's Instagram story from yesterday. I really like that he is an SMWW fan.
    Screenshot_2018-05-17-17-37-14.jpg