Page 911 of 929 FirstFirst ... 411811861901907908909910911912913914915921 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,665 of 13927
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Vintage Super-Wonder part 2...

In Justice League of America #69, after Diana announces to abandon the team, we learn that Barry Allen has always felt that some day Superman and Wonder Woman would get married, comparing Superman losing Diana to Aquaman losing Mera and Hal losing Carol.
    One of the first of many DC characters used by writers to allude to a potential romantic relationship between SM and WW...

The possibility that one day Superman might marry Wonder Woman becomes a source of nightmares for Lois in Superman's Girl Friend - Lois Lane #93.
    A possibility that becomes more and more real when Diana and Superman start dating...

Too bad it turns out that she's actually an evil Kryptonian disguised as Diana who thought she could rule unsuspected the criminal world by taking WW's place and become Superman's wife (WTF!?!).
    What did you expect? No way in hell, Superman would've end up marrying Diana in Lois' series.
    Dumb Silver-Age comic books!

In World's Finest #204, a computer-dating service match up Superman and Wonder Woman (the real one this time)...

At one point of the story, they even almost kiss...

... and they fly together too...

Months before that Diana officially returns to the JLA, she appears arm in arm with Superman on the cover of Justice League of America #121 as they witness the marriage of Adam Strange and Alanna...

Full cover: https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.ne...600/801597.jpg

Speaking of marriages (again), in the penultimate issue of the LL series, SM and WW announce their engagement and imminent wedding but, obviously, it turns out that their engagement is a cover for a secret mission because no way in hell, they would've end up marrying in Lois' series...

Next I'll probably focus on their "platonic" relationship during pre-Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Still too early to judge what's going on in the WW sequel. Btw, I doubt it's an hallucination.
    But in Justice League he is dead so I think it would be foolish to revive him to kill him again.

If you're interested, Starfire and Nightwing have a son in the recent The New Order: https://www.comixology.com/Nightwing...l-comic/672311
    Thank you! The first thing I thought was Nightstar, I will look at it but seeing that they are separated is not very encouraging

in this comic comes the SM with beard with the layer of new 52 superman and the shield of Diana, I have to assume that there is no background SMWW story since it was not mentioned again here.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    But in Justice League he is dead so I think it would be foolish to revive him to kill him again.
    Killing and reviving Steve again and again would be comic accurate.

in this comic comes the SM with beard with the layer of new 52 superman and the shield of Diana, I have to assume that there is no background SMWW story since it was not mentioned again here.
    Superman appears with Diana's shield and sword just on the cover, but in the series there is no mention of Diana, she is just in one panel in the first issue and on the cover of the last one.
    I assumed that Superman appeared with Diana's weapons on the cover because after he had lost his powers, Supes was perhaps trained by Diana, but there's nothing in the comic.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-14-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Vintage Super-Wonder part 2...

In Justice League of America #69, after Diana announces to abandon the team, we learn that Barry Allen has always felt that some day Superman and Wonder Woman would get married, comparing Superman losing Diana to Aquaman losing Mera and Hal losing Carol.
    One of the first of many DC characters used by writers to allude to a potential romantic relationship between SM and WW...

Barry a SMWW shipper at his wedding is in background smiling haha

Too bad it turns out that she's actually an evil Kryptonian disguised as Diana who thought she could rule unsuspected the criminal world by taking WW's place and become Superman's wife (WTF!?!).
    What did you expect? No way in hell, Superman would've end up marrying Diana in Lois' series.
    Dumb Silver-Age comic books!
    Wait, then SM was theoretically dating Diana, although she was a Kryptonian who posed as Diana at first. Kal dating with her thinking that she was Diana which shows once again how SM really likes Diana. even in the Silver-Age. It would have been very funny and ironic that SM really married her in the Lois comic.

Months before that Diana officially returns to the JLA, she appears arm in arm with Superman on the cover of Justice League of America #121 as they witness the marriage of Adam Strange and Alanna...

Full cover: https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.ne...600/801597.jpg

Speaking of marriages (again), in the penultimate issue of the LL series, SM and WW announce their engagement and imminent wedding but, obviously, it turns out that their engagement is a cover for a secret mission because no way in hell, they would've end up marrying in Lois' series...
    It is nice to see how SM and Diana were already thought as a couple, look at Green arrow and Black Canory are in a quite intimate position as Clark and Diana. It's funny to see how Lois had a kind of paranoia/obsession with SM/WW I guess the biggest fear of her life.

Superman appears with Diana's shield and sword just in the cover, but in the series there is no mention of Diana, she is just in one panel in the first issue and on the cover of the last one.
    I assumed that Superman appeared with Diana's weapons on the cover because after he had lost his powers, Supes was perhaps trained by Diana, but there's nothing in the comic.
    Is it mentioned if he is married to Lois? or she live? if not maybe it could be assumed that he and Diana are together but taking into account the current state of DC they preferred to simply give a small clue

Still too early to judge what's going on in the WW sequel. Btw, I doubt it's an hallucination.

If you're interested, Starfire and Nightwing have a son in the recent The New Order: https://www.comixology.com/Nightwing...l-comic/672311

I don't see the image because of it contain errors?

Wait, then SM was theoretically dating Diana, although she was a Kryptonian who posed as Diana at first. Kal dating with her thinking that she was Diana which shows once again how SM really likes Diana. even in the Silver-Age. It would have been very funny and ironic that SM really married her in the Lois comic.
    You're evil.

It is nice to see how SM and Diana were already thought as a couple, look at Green arrow and Black Canory are in a quite intimate position as Clark and Diana.
    Yeah, they were often drawn together.

Is it mentioned if he is married to Lois? or she live? if not maybe it could be assumed that he and Diana are together but taking into account the current state of DC they preferred to simply give a small clue
    He's with Lois who has become a Blue Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    I don't see the image because of it contain errors?
    I see it. Try here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfbTENtU8AAStqX.jpg

You're evil.

Yeah, they were often drawn together.

I see it. Try here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfbTENtU8AAStqX.jpg
    I see it now. Thanks!
    Also, does anyone know the issue with WW comforting a distraught SM in her arms, something about not being able to save people, in the middle of wreckage?

You're evil.
    I know

Yes, I've seen it, at first I thought it was Raven!, what the hell does Lois do with the titans!? Were there few heroes they could put whoever they want and they had to choose Lois? Oh, come on! It really bothers me when they try to make Lois or any other simple love interest a superhero.

by the way, it's weird the comic, at first I thought it was inspired by the new 52, the young Kory costume, WW and SM New 52 too, but then I saw them with the Rebirth costumes and then see them again with the suits of the new 52, after, I think I also saw Diana in her classic suit ... in the end I really don't know what timeline this story belongs to.

Anyone ever tried making SMWW fics based on old Pre-Crisis storylines or continuity?

I wholeheartedly agree.

Al least, the recent Patty Jenkins' WW movie features a more balanced and feminine Diana (reminds me of Perez' WW). This will be a positive influence on the writers of how to portray Diana.
    That is true though I wouldn't mind a retcon of certain aspects of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Am I the only one whose heart flutters when viewing this image? It is so emotive and poignant.

Attachment 67025

A bond so deep, he'll follow her to the end of the earth. A bond so pure, he'd proudly die fighting by her side. A bond so integral that he'd turn back the hands of time if she were to die... oh my heart.
    Hopeless romantic.
    Guilty as charged. And an incorrigible one at that.

That sounds great, but I've also seen that Steve Trevor is going to come out in the next movie and it would not be weird if it were not for the small detail that he is dead. I hope they don't have Diana as a crazy person who sees him in every corner, I don't want to see another crazy WW like in Rebirth. By the way although I like New 52 Diana, Perez's Diana is still my favorite.
    George Perez's Diana from the post-crisis era remains my definitive Wonder Woman. It is the yardstick by which I measure any other iteration of her.