Page 912 of 929 FirstFirst ... 412812862902908909910911912913914915916922 ... LastLast
Results 13,666 to 13,680 of 13927

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Also, does anyone know the issue with WW comforting a distraught SM in her arms, something about not being able to save people, in the middle of wreckage?
    WW #175.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    by the way, it's weird the comic, at first I thought it was inspired by the new 52, the young Kory costume, WW and SM New 52 too, but then I saw them with the Rebirth costumes and then see them again with the suits of the new 52, after, I think I also saw Diana in her classic suit ... in the end I really don't know what timeline this story belongs to.
    It's an elseworlds, the continuity doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    That is true though I wouldn't mind a retcon of certain aspects of the movie.
    The Zeus origin, I assume.

George Perez's Diana from the post-crisis era remains my definitive Wonder Woman. It is the yardstick by which I measure any other iteration of her.
    Perez and Marston's Diana for me.

Vintage Super-Wonder part 3...

For those missing Diana and Kal's closeness, another look back at the pre-Crisis roots of their bond...

Justice League of America #73...

Justice League of America #83...

Wonder Woman #212...

Justice League of America #128...

Justice League of America #143...

Justice League of America #162...

Justice League of America #166...

Justice League of America #170...

Justice League of America #176...

DC Comics Presents - Superman and Wonder Woman #9...

Justice League of America #200...

Justice League of America Annual #1...

Justice League of America #239...

DC Comics Presents - Superman and Wonder Woman #76...

A "bonus" panel from JLA #160 that I thought was too funny to not share...

Next I'll go back to the smoochy stuff, I promise. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    WW #175.

Being the hopeless and incorrigible romantic that I am, this image came to mind when I heard the following lyrics today from my favorite boy band the 90s while doing some house cleaning:

When the visions around you
    Bring tears to your eyes
    And all that surrounds you
    Are secrets and lies
    I'll be your strength
    I'll give you hope
    Keeping your faith when it's gone
    The one you should call
    Was standing there all along

I can't help but feel that the above lyrics aptly describes the captured moment between Diana and Kal, especially their dynamic then.

P.s. The 90s was a rich time. Especially as it pertained to meaningful music, art, TV shows, and just culture in general. There's something about that time period that I have yet to see recaptured. There were substance to things. Anyway, I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Justice League of America #239...

DC Comics Presents - Superman and Wonder Woman #76...

Next I'll go back to the smoochy stuff, I promise. :-p
    I'm always here for the "smoochy" and sappy stuff as it relates to Superman and Wonder Woman.

I love seeing these old panels which continue to refute claims the false assertions that the pairing of these two came out of no where from detractors and that it is just plain fan service/pandering.

My understanding of fan service/pandering is that it is something done to appease a certain group of fans without having any true foundation or basis for happening. I don't know anyone in their right mind that can make that claim in all honesty given the history of Wonder Woman and Superman. If it were the forced Batman and Wonder Woman pairing, I would understand the claims of pandering or fan service. However, Wonder Woman and Superman of all pairing? Certainly not. These two that have been teased for decades. Whose friendship and romantic tension was established and teased for years? I think not.

Anywho, I will await more panels from you Last Son of Krypton. Keep them coming. :-)

I'm always here for the "smoochy" and sappy stuff as it relates to Superman and Wonder Woman.

I love seeing these old panels which continue to refute claims the false assertions that the pairing of these two came out of no where from detractors and that it is just plain fan service/pandering.

My understanding of fan service/pandering is that it is something done to appease a certain group of fans without having any true foundation or basis for happening. I don't know anyone in their right mind that can make that claim in all honesty given the history of Wonder Woman and Superman. If it were the forced Batman and Wonder Woman pairing, I would understand the claims of pandering or fan service. However, Wonder Woman and Superman of all pairing? Certainly not. These two that have been teased for decades. Whose friendship and romantic tension was established and teased for years? I think not.
    Yeah, I'm aware that there are those who downplay SM/WW's history or even deny that they've a history. This type of arguments have also come up in this forum.

Btw, the fan service/pandering argument doesn't really apply here because the idea of the two being a potential pair was already there before becoming something more concrete and the writers by themselves made SM/WW become closer over the decades the more the idea of a shared universe developed and the writing matured. It happened organically, even if with a few bumps in the road.

Anywho, I will await more panels from you Last Son of Krypton. Keep them coming. :-)
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-18-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Okay, folks, once again, let's make this clear.

This is a Superman/Wonder Woman *APPRECIATION* thread.

If you start a message with "And a big F you to..." , then that's not appreciative.

If you love the pairing, that's fantastic! That's what this thread is for, so enjoy!

If you love Clark and Lois? There's a great Appreciation thread for you to go have fun in!

If your version of 'appreciation' includes derogatory, insulting or argumentative comments towards the opposite pairing than what you like? Then it's not for an Appreciation thread.

Discussion of the upcoming animated films should be taken to their appropriate thread(s), please.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wow, I have huge gaps in my DCP collection and missed that #76. In general I love the finishes they used for the covers at the time but a Wonder Woman team up drawn by Barreto? Sweet.

Since Bates and Maggin wrote Twelve Labors (I think), would anyone say there was a cool dynamic between Superman and Wonder Woman there?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Wow, I have huge gaps in my DCP collection and missed that #76. In general I love the finishes they used for the covers at the time but a Wonder Woman team up drawn by Barreto? Sweet.

Since Bates and Maggin wrote Twelve Labors (I think), would anyone say there was a cool dynamic between Superman and Wonder Woman there?
    I like the friendly interaction that Clark and Diana have in the first chapter of Twelve Labors (WW #212). It was written by Lein Wein. Bates and Maggin made the other chapters of the storyline.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-19-2018 at 08:42 AM.

What was going on in that WW #175 panel? I know the pic, its pretty classic by now, but I think this was during my comics sabbatical. Had something to do with Imperiex War fallout I'm guessing? But what was the plot of the particular issue and why is the lasso around him?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What was going on in that WW #175 panel? I know the pic, its pretty classic by now, but I think this was during my comics sabbatical. Had something to do with Imperiex War fallout I'm guessing? But what was the plot of the particular issue and why is the lasso around him?
    Briefly... Circe turned Superman into a mindless monster and Diana helps him to become normal again.