Page 914 of 929 FirstFirst ... 414814864904910911912913914915916917918924 ... LastLast
Results 13,696 to 13,710 of 13927
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Back to the comic-books, let's take a look at the SM/WW ship-teases from the 80s before COIE, starting with DC Comics Presents - Superman and Wonder Woman #32.

In the story, the god Eros causes Wonder Woman and Superman to fall in love with each other...

Full cover: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20081219165231

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-22-2018 at 04:14 PM.

In the anniversary issue Wonder Woman #300, Diana dreams of marrying Superman (it's a long story to sum it up)...

Full cover: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140111181748

Even on Earth-2, you can find heroes who "ship" Diana with Superman (All-Star Squadron #21)...

Justice League of America #221 (this seems like an excuse to make them kiss, lol)...

Last but not least, the classic Superman Annual #11...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Even if she could still have feelings for him, what was she supposed to say? "the man that I love as my best friend and potential partner"?
    Of course not, although it would be the truth and that is my point. Diana was telling a half truth even using the lasso.
    she was not going to confess that she loved him in front of so many people, even though it was possible that people didn't listen to her because of the fight. Did Diana ever tell Clark what she felt for him? I know that she talk about something with him when she confronts him about the dream but I don't remember if she told her clearly what she felt for him.

[/QUOTE]

Who's saying "Oh, YES!" in the the yellow panel?

Lana: Oh, no!
    Lois: Oh, no!
    SMWW: Oh, YES!
    lol

The first photo is a recreation of a fanart piece! That’s so adorable!!!!

The 3rd photo:
    I absolutely love this couples’ posts of counting down to their wedding day! Love that, SuperWonder still strives outside of comics and inspire real power couples. It’s not traditional and I’m pretty much glad of that because it naturally reaches and speaks to a more diverse audience.

And speaking of weddings/engagements, I love seeing the SMWW rings posts. I know that DC had new52 SMWW rings before, it’s adorable seeing couples wearing them as their wedding bands.
    https://instagram.com/p/BkLDDT1ltxE/
    https://instagram.com/p/BkUBbVmgjwO/
    https://instagram.com/p/Bjcmv-VDSU3/
    https://instagram.com/p/BjpQoDaHeEC/

Diana and baby Jonathan from DKIII...

On sale here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wonder-Woma...UAAOSwOtdYTElj
    Wow! This is so awesome!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post

Who's saying "Oh, YES!" in the the yellow panel?

Lana: Oh, no!
    Lois: Oh, no!
    SMWW: Oh, YES!
    lol

Oh, Yes! Indeed.
    "...That Superman may just be in love with the one woman they've always known, deep in their hearts, was ideal for him"

Truer words have yet to be spoken concerning these two.
    Superman and Wonder Woman are each other's mirror reflection. The other's perfect half.

I long to see this perfectly captured in comics. We've seen glimpses but it has yet to be fully delved into. We have talented writers in the fandom, who would give these current DC writers a run for their money by the way, who have illuminated just how well these two complement each other.

Loving these old panels.

Back to the comic-books, let's take a look at the SM/WW ship-teases from the 80s before COIE, starting with DC Comics Presents - Superman and Wonder Woman #32.

In the story, the god Eros causes Wonder Woman and Superman to fall in love with each other...

Thanks Last Son for the SuperWonder history rundown. It negates a lot of opinions posing as facts. The fact that SMWW is intended to be seperate in terms of myth and such yet still manages to naturally gravitate and connect toward each other, seamlessly blending together speaks volumes.

Back then, the idea of a shared universe was practically non-existent compared to today. Even characters like Superman and Batman who shared a series since the 40s didn't team up before a decade later.

Although for commercial reasons, Superman was associated with Batman and Robin (World's Finest), while Wonder Woman was associated with Green Lantern and The Flash (Comic Cavalcade), the characters of Superman and Wonder Woman were kind of connected since the beginning because Marston had created Diana as a female response/counterpart to Superman, bespectacled secret identity included.

So, a potential SM/WW's partnership would have been "appropriate". *wink, wink*

William M. Marston: "Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."

William M. Marston: "The wish to be super strong is a healthy wish, a vital compelling, power-producing desire. The more the Superman-Wonder Woman picture stories build up this inner compulsion by stimulating the child's natural longing to battle and overcome obstacles, particularly evil ones, the better chance your child has for self-advancement in the world."

In Marston/Peter's Sensation Comics #33 from 1944, Diana goes undercover and dances with a guy dressed as Superman, pointing out "how appropriate" is the dancing pair of WW and SM...

Subtle...yet not so subtle hint directly from Wonder Woman’s creator. Really gives a different perspective in regards to the pairing

It’s not so much just a romantic tie, it’s the obviously naturalness of a connection/partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Wow! This is so awesome!
    Indeed a very nice pic.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Of course not, although it would be the truth and that is my point. Diana was telling a half truth even using the lasso.
    she was not going to confess that she loved him in front of so many people, even though it was possible that people didn't listen to her because of the fight. Did Diana ever tell Clark what she felt for him? I know that she talk about something with him when she confronts him about the dream but I don't remember if she told her clearly what she felt for him.
    After they shared that "dream", Diana said she would like it to be true while touching her belly (she was also pregnant in the dream). I think it's implied that he was aware of Diana's unresolved feelings for him.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    The 3rd photo:
    I absolutely love this couples’ posts of counting down to their wedding day! Love that, SuperWonder still strives outside of comics and inspire real power couples. It’s not traditional and I’m pretty much glad of that because it naturally reaches and speaks to a more diverse audience.
    They have posted a new one...

"My best friend. ❤️ this picture took a few tries for me to be able to hold him, but, just like in real life, I eventually found enough strength to do it. I’m grateful i have a man who is comfortable in MY strengths and not just his. He lets me shine without rival. He lets me cover him and operate on my strengths without feeling less than a man. I’m grateful i have a man who is humble enough to cheer me on and lean on me when he’s not doing okay. I’m grateful i have a man who allows himself to be vulnerable with me. I’m grateful I have a man who chooses to show me his weaknesses without shame or embarrassment. I’m grateful i have a man who gives me the opportunity to be the hero sometimes, and pick HIM up when he is down. I love our dynamic in our relationship and I’m grateful that Neither one of us has to lessen ourselves so that the other can shine. Where I’m weak, he is strong, and his weaknesses are my strengths... and this makes us unstoppable."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkS0JOFHGqI/

After they shared that "dream", Diana said she would like it to be true while touching her belly (she was also pregnant in the dream). I think it's implied that he was aware of Diana's unresolved feelings for him.

They have posted a new one...

"My best friend. ❤️ this picture took a few tries for me to be able to hold him, but, just like in real life, I eventually found enough strength to do it. I’m grateful i have a man who is comfortable in MY strengths and not just his. He lets me shine without rival. He lets me cover him and operate on my strengths without feeling less than a man. I’m grateful i have a man who is humble enough to cheer me on and lean on me when he’s not doing okay. I’m grateful i have a man who allows himself to be vulnerable with me. I’m grateful I have a man who chooses to show me his weaknesses without shame or embarrassment. I’m grateful i have a man who gives me the opportunity to be the hero sometimes, and pick HIM up when he is down. I love our dynamic in our relationship and I’m grateful that Neither one of us has to lessen ourselves so that the other can shine. Where I’m weak, he is strong, and his weaknesses are my strengths... and this makes us unstoppable."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkS0JOFHGqI/

This is perfect and beautiful. What better way to exemplify their love and relationship than by dressing up as the two fictional characters whose friendship (prefashpoint), and romantic relationship embodied those very traits. Especially the ones I bolded as they resonate so well with how I view my favorite fictional pair.

This real life couples expression of their love is everything I've always believed makes for a strong and long lasting romantic relationship. Trust; friendship; honesty; balance; building up of each other; vulnerability; honesty; transparency; dependability; understanding; kindred spirits (to name a few). I guess that is why I am drawn strongly to SMWW as they embodied that.