Page 918 of 929 FirstFirst ... 418818868908914915916917918919920921922928 ... LastLast
Results 13,756 to 13,770 of 13927
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

In the 80s anime Project A-Ko, it's implied that the parents of the super-powered main protagonist are SM and WW. They're even named Clark and Diana in the graphic novel of A-Ko.

Don't ask me why they went to live in Japan and WW dyed her hair... lol.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-05-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Kurt Busiek's Astro City is an anthology series that explores the archetypes and tropes of the superhero genre. Two of its recurring characters, Samaritan and Winged Victory, are inspired by DC's Superman and Wonder Woman (but without coming off as blatant rip-offs) and became a couple at the beginning of the series.

SM/WW fans, if interested, should check out Astro City's 1st miniseries (mainly issues 1, 4, 6) published by Image Comics in 1995 and the issues 7/10 and 26 of the latest Astro City series published by DC/Vertigo in 2013.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-05-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Winged Victory is an overtly feminist character and her relationship with a male hero like Samaritan, along with her being in a male-dominated team, have been questioned by the all-female Council of Nike, who feel it diminishes her role as a symbol of female independence.
    These kind of arguments are often made for DC's WW but have never been addressed on page.

I don't spoil Winged Victory's response.

As usual, more stuff later.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-03-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Elseworlds: a look back at the "parallel lives" of Superman and Wonder Woman...

After decades of DC teasing a potential romantic relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman, although there weren't the right circumstances to make it happen, SM/WW began to be fulfilled elsewhere... where you least expect it.

Marvel Comics has a habit of stealing DC's ideas, they even "copied" the JL and paired its Superman and Wonder Woman's blatant knock-offs in the 1985 miniseries Squadron Supreme. Yup, Marvel did it first (sort of).

I really like the backstory of Marvel's Wonder Woman, Power Princess/Zarda: during the war, she came out of her peaceful utopian island to be the emissary of her people and romanced the first guy she met (until she moved on). Sound familiar? Hyperion's origins mirror those of Superman too.

I really don't understand how Marvel can see how perfect they are for each other but DC doesn't
    Girl: you're the ideal woman for him.
    Zarda: I am, am I?
    It's funny how her instinctive response is that she's the perfect woman for him.

Zarda: you're a Super-Man!.
    How subtle ... I suppose Hyperion will also tell her at some point, "you are a wonder-woman"

Zarda: And tha means you and I can Marry... Maybe have ourselves a Hyperion Junior!
    It's funny how Zarda had the same desires as Diana. Sadly like WW new 52, Zarda also lost her Superman/Hyperion and now she is in a world where there is another but it is not hers.

by the way the Hyperion of the images was the Hyperion of 616? that is to say, the evil Hyperion of the one that fell in love at first Zarda before dating the good Hyperion. Now that I think about it, poor Zarda. She saw her great love die twice, even if one of them was an impostor who killed her husband so he could be with her.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I really don't understand how Marvel can see how perfect they are for each other but DC doesn't
    Girl: you're the ideal woman for him.
    Zarda: I am, am I?
    It's funny how her instinctive response is that she's the perfect woman for him.
    DC has had characters saying the same thing about Superman and Wonder Woman even before, it's just that they haven't the freedom that Marvel had with their rip-offs.

Zarda: you're a Super-Man!.
    How subtle ... I suppose Hyperion will also tell her at some point, "you are a wonder-woman"
    The Squadron Supreme isn't subtle. Hyperion was adopted as a child by a couple that instilled him strong values that led him to become a superhero. He also worked at a newspaper in the city of Cosmopolis and dated a reporter with the LL initials. Lol... so original.

Zarda: And that means you and I can Marry... Maybe have ourselves a Hyperion Junior!
    It's funny how Zarda had the same desires as Diana. Sadly like WW new 52, Zarda also lost her Superman/Hyperion and now she is in a world where there is another but it is not hers.
    Last time I checked the other Hyperion was in a relationship with another Marvel's WW analogue. So Marvel still keep around that kind of pair.

by the way the Hyperion of the images was the Hyperion of 616? that is to say, the evil Hyperion of the one that fell in love at first Zarda before dating the good Hyperion. Now that I think about it, poor Zarda. She saw her great love die twice, even if one of them was an impostor who killed her husband so he could be with her.
    No, it's the good one from Earth-712 or I wouldn't have posted the panels to illustrate the Zarda/Hyperion's romance.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-03-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Last time I checked the other Hyperion was in a relationship with another Marvel's WW analogue. So Marvel still keep around that kind of pair.
    The Hyperion that is currently in 616? with another version of WW? if is not Zarda, then who? How many copies of WW does Marvel have? I know they have several of SM as Zentry.
    by the way, why Marvel decided that his main universe would be 616? it has always seemed strange to me.

The Hyperion that is currently in 616? with another version of WW? if is not Zarda, then who?
    He's with Thundra. She isn't an almost carbon copy of WW like Zarda but she's still an amazon-like warrior from a matriarchal society, that use a chain to "lassoing" people.

How many copies of WW does Marvel have?
    Warrior Woman, Zarda and Thundra.

by the way, why Marvel decided that his main universe would be 616? it has always seemed strange to me.
    I dunno, maybe to differentiate from DC's Earth 1/2/3/... model.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-03-2018 at 03:42 PM.

The countdown to Kevin and Meilani's marriage continues (-9)...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkk4bJXH2QR/

They were also at a TV-Show: http://nightskywonderer.tumblr.com/p...in-and-meilani
    The reacreation of Benes’ kiss! So beautiful!

SuperWonder continues to be an inspiration! And love the story of how they met.

DC is having a “Til Death Do Us Part” sale in honor of BatCat Batrimony
    In the “Heroes in love” section.... Superman/Wonder Woman vol. 1-5 is shockingly featured.....
    https://m.readdc.com/Til-Death-Do-Us...WxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

In the 80s anime Project A-Ko, it's implied that the parents of the super-powered main protagonist are SM and WW. They're even named Clark and Diana in the graphic novel of A-Ko.

Don't ask me why they went to live in Japan and WW dyed her hair... lol.

Incognito and they always leave to America for “business trips”. Seriously would love for this series to be remastered.

ok ... I'm just going to leave this here...

Diana(With Superman tattoo) and Dinah
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 07-05-2018 at 05:34 AM.

one of my favorite pictures of SMWW
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 07-05-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    DC is having a “Til Death Do Us Part” sale in honor of BatCat Batrimony
    In the “Heroes in love” section.... Superman/Wonder Woman vol. 1-5 is shockingly featured.....
    https://m.readdc.com/Til-Death-Do-Us...WxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Incognito and they always leave to America for “business trips”.
    Makes sense.

ok ... I'm just going to leave this here...
    I noticed that Clark was putting on weight at the end of KC. :-p

How do you put on weight if you're on a sunshine diet?

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    How do you put on weight if you're on a sunshine diet?
    Eating too many apple pies and being drawn by Alex Ross can lead to put on weight.