Page 920 of 929 FirstFirst ... 420820870910916917918919920921922923924 ... LastLast
Results 13,786 to 13,800 of 13927
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Elseworlds part 3...

Not all Elesewords are set in hypothetical futures of the post-Crisis universe or have SM/WW as a married couple with children. Sometimes, there are only unspoken feelings between them and the stories are set in completely different timelines.

In JLA - The Secret Society of Super-Heroes (2000), the heroes have been acting in secret for decades and Diana has never revealed to Kal before he died that she loved him.

In the LOTR-style fantasy world of JLA - Riddle of the Beast (2002), Kal'El, prince of Kryptonia, and Diana, princess of Amazonia, were both once engaged but Diana was tricked to broke their betrothal. In the end, they reconcile and got back together.

In The Dark Knight Strikes Again (2002), SM/WW are a couple at least from their late 30s (no previous marriage for Supes as in the Elseworlds tied to the post-Crisis continuity) and have a 17-year-old daughter, Lara, who is one of the main characters in the story. And a new child is coming.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-08-2018 at 07:52 PM.

In Superman - Red Son (2003), Soviet Superman's closest ally, Diana of Themyscira, is secretly in love with him but he's too "blind" (or dumb) to notice it.

A bit of attraction between Kal and Diana during the post-World War II in the award-winning DC - The New Frontier (2004).

Certainly it can't be said that, back then, DC writers weren't consistent in depicting a romantic connection between Superman and Wonder Woman, eh?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-08-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Young Kal and Diana passionately kissing after arguing in the over-the-top All-Star Batman and Robin #5 (2007) set in the Millerverse.

Despite that DC didn't produce many Elselwords anymore, in 2008/9 we got to revisit the worlds of KC and Red Son in Justice Society of America and The search for Ray Palmer.
    Also, during McDuffie's JLA run, SM and WW ended up "trapped" in an "Elseworlds" reality where they are married.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-08-2018 at 11:19 PM.

To be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    These are Jor-El and Lara and their children not SM/WW.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/super...p/4000-232583/
    Well, the truth is that Lara looks identical to Diana, I don't know if it was a coincidence but I would say it was on purpose. by the way in the number 3 Kal shouldn't go with the classic Superman costume, I should wear a suit like new 52 Superman or a more Krytonian costume.

In JLA - The Secret Society of Super-Heroes (2000), the heroes have been acting in secret for decades and Diana has never revealed to Kal before he died that she loved him.

I always thought that this image of Diana confessing that she loved Clark was after her death at the hands of Doomsday and not in an Eleseword

In The Dark Knight Strikes Again (2002), SM/WW are a couple at least from their late 30s (no previous marriage for Supes as in the Elseworlds tied to the post-Crisis continuity) and have a 17-year-old daughter, Lara, who is one of the main characters in the story. And a new child is coming.
    This has always disturbed me a bit, although in the Miller universe Clark and Diana have 2 children and in Dark Knight 3 Diana calls him "my love", which is why I suppose they love each other. It doesn't seem to have a serious or stable relationship. I want to say that in Dark Knight 2 he and Diana seem to have not seen each other for a long time, which is worrisome because they have a daughter. in Dark Knight 3 Clark is frozen in his ice throne like the Lich King, can't see if Diana did something to free him or simply left him there while she raised her children alone. at the end of Dark Knight 3 Clark begins to teach Lara how to be a human, we see Lara, Jon and Clark in the same house but we don't see Diana. Maybe I exaggerate but the truth is that although you can see that they are in a relationship you don't get to appreciate their relationship well, it is also true that it is a Batman book ...

Young Kal and Diana passionately kissing after arguing in the over-the-top All-Star Batman and Robin #5 (2007) set in the Millerverse.
    I like that kiss, it shows the sexual tension between Kal and Diana, I guess this was the beginning of relationship. It's funny to me how before this Diana was complaining about the men and saying that no one would ever touch her.

To be continued...
    I love the SM suit at her wedding with Diana, it's great, he should use it more often. I always loved the fact that on her bracelets Diana carried the El shield in memory of her late husband. It is also sad to see Diana living alone in the fortress of solitude (ironic, right?) in her black suit looked like Donna, but what I like most is that she was willing to sacrifice everything as long as Clark returned to live, even if that meant that she and he were never together. It is something so romantic and tragic, a sample of the great love that Diana has shown for Clark.

Thanks once again, Last Son, for all the great SuperWonder pages/panels. Superman and Wonder Woman share a selfless love. Even with them being just friends, you automatically get that sense of something more between them. It’s something that a lot of times, when they are written together, a lot of sacrifices are made and they aren’t written in a comfort zone and are truly challenged. This show how Clark and Diana’s relationship wasn’t “easy”, be it romantic or platonic (with underlying tension). It’s not just said but shown. That also shows the potential of the writers’ ability to take the risks. But it seems writers currently want comfort zones and that is a shame.
    Traditional ways has clearly shown there is very little challenge, a bit of emptiness and no true work of worth. It’s just there because the norm.

Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill sign more SMWW covers (some may be repeated) and I still wonder what their reactions were to the intimate covers LOL:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/CGC-SS-9-8-WO...7bff%7Ciid%3A1

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Superman-Wond...2369%7Ciid%3A1

https://m.ebay.com/itm/CGC-SS-9-8-SU...2369%7Ciid%3A1

https://m.ebay.com/itm/CGC-SS-9-8-Su...2369%7Ciid%3A1

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Superman-Wond...2369%7Ciid%3A1

Jim Lee, Geoff Johns and Alex Sinclair signs Justice League 12:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Justice-Leagu...2369%7Ciid%3A1

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Justice-Leagu...2369%7Ciid%3A1

This is interesting. 1976 Avon Superman Hair Brush and Wonder Woman Mirror. https://m.ebay.com/itm/1976-Avon-Sup...2369%7Ciid%3A1
    Last edited by LoveStar; 07-09-2018 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    This has always disturbed me a bit, although in the Miller universe Clark and Diana have 2 children and in Dark Knight 3 Diana calls him "my love", which is why I suppose they love each other. It doesn't seem to have a serious or stable relationship. I want to say that in Dark Knight 2 he and Diana seem to have not seen each other for a long time, which is worrisome because they have a daughter.
    Well, Diana has retired from the outside world and lives on the island, Lara was raised by the Amazons and her existence was kept secret since her birth to protect her and Clark was blackmailed by Luthor/Brainiac. They couldn't live all happy together right away.

at the end of Dark Knight 3 Clark begins to teach Lara how to be a human, we see Lara, Jon and Clark in the same house but we don't see Diana.
    Because Diana doesn't live among humans anymore. Maybe, if there'll be another sequel, she'll get too an arc about reconnecting with the outside world.

I like that kiss, it shows the sexual tension between Kal and Diana, I guess this was the beginning of relationship. It's funny to me how before this Diana was complaining about the men and saying that no one would ever touch her.
    Kal is not like other men.

I love the SM suit at her wedding with Diana, it's great, he should use it more often. I always loved the fact that on her bracelets Diana carried the El shield in memory of her late husband. It is also sad to see Diana living alone in the fortress of solitude (ironic, right?) in her black suit looked like Donna, but what I like most is that she was willing to sacrifice everything as long as Clark returned to live, even if that meant that she and he were never together. It is something so romantic and tragic, a sample of the great love that Diana has shown for Clark.
    A very good moment. As Hellacre shared, McDuffie planned to have SM/WW discuss about the reality where they were married but his run was cut short. A missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Well, the truth is that Lara looks identical to Diana, I don't know if it was a coincidence but I would say it was on purpose.
    Yeah, the artist has painted Jor and Lara a bit like Ross' Kal and Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Thanks once again, Last Son, for all the great SuperWonder pages/panels. Superman and Wonder Woman share a selfless love. Even with them being just friends, you automatically get that sense of something more between them. It’s something that a lot of times, when they are written together, a lot of sacrifices are made and they aren’t written in a comfort zone and are truly challenged. This show how Clark and Diana’s relationship wasn’t “easy”, be it romantic or platonic (with underlying tension). It’s not just said but shown. That also shows the potential of the writers’ ability to take the risks. But it seems writers currently want comfort zones and that is a shame.
    Traditional ways has clearly shown there is very little challenge, a bit of emptiness and no true work of worth. It’s just there because the norm.
    Well said.

I'm becoming a bit nostalgic myself to dig into these old comics. I feel more and more like if these "classics" SM/WW are dead.

Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill sign more SMWW covers (some may be repeated) and I still wonder what their reactions were to the intimate covers LOL:
    Probably something like "Damn, and they still don't even let us talk to each other."

This is interesting. 1976 Avon Superman Hair Brush and Wonder Woman Mirror. https://m.ebay.com/itm/1976-Avon-Sup...2369%7Ciid%3A1
    File under SM/WW proto-merch.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-09-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Well said.

I'm becoming a bit nostalgic myself to dig into these old comics. I feel more and more like if these "classics" SM/WW are dead.

Probably something like "Damn, and they still don't even let us talk to each other."

File under SM/WW proto-merch.
    I’m patiently awaiting for if they signed the selfie, Darwyn Cooke, and SMWW 4 (storm) cover

So much SMWW merch from so many years. Ugh that bittersweet feeling comes up again.

Incredible Member

I think that frank millers next book isn't going to have wonder woman in it but it would be great if we could get a beginning of their romance from him one day as he also juggles the pressure from the white house.

And thanks last son for all the great panels of all the elseworlds because those go more into their ideals and the core of their characters rather then the normal comics in my opinion, I just hope there are more to come due to a regime change at the top of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    I’m patiently awaiting for if they signed the selfie, Darwyn Cooke, and SMWW 4 (storm) cover
    Those were really beautiful covers.

Finally they got married. Shocked that they weren't dressed as SM and WW at the wedding. /kidding

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I think that frank millers next book isn't going to have wonder woman in it but it would be great if we could get a beginning of their romance from him one day as he also juggles the pressure from the white house.
    I would too like to read about how it started.

And thanks last son for all the great panels of all the elseworlds because those go more into their ideals and the core of their characters rather then the normal comics in my opinion, I just hope there are more to come due to a regime change at the top of DC.
    Let's hope so.