Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Robin Rises: Alpha #1 Preview/Discussion

It all ends here! Batman's been to the hells of Apokalips and back just to retrieve his son's body. But what has he brought back with him? And who is the new Robin?

Full preview here.

Preview starts right before the crew gets home, so we don't really see anything new, other than some Bat-pet goodness.

LOve it. Damian is now like his grandfather, back from the dead.

Tomasi should bring Ra's back for more

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Here it is people, the final strand of the Morrison saga being wrapped up. I cannot wait for this!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Here it is people, the final strand of the Morrison saga being wrapped up. I cannot wait for this!
    You don't count the Grayson book as a loose end from the saga?

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    You don't count the Grayson book as a loose end from the saga?
    I think the Gryason book just uses elements from Morrison's run rather than continuing anything. This series here feels more like a next step in Morrison's story.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think the Gryason book just uses elements from Morrison's run rather than continuing anything. This series here feels more like a next step in Morrison's story.
    Agreed. Damian is now DC's and not Morrison's. He is likely to be flying around with Superman soon so I think that's a wrap

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Looks solid. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Agreed. Damian is now DC's and not Morrison's. He is likely to be flying around with Superman soon so I think that's a wrap
    Exactly, this is the final Morrison piece that was left hanging. Grayson is more of John's doing.

Incredible Member

In my opinion Grayson owes itself more to Forever Evil than anything Morrison wrote for Dick, though I enjyed his run on Batman and Robin. His outing by the Syndicate and his "death" are what set up Grayson. Does anyone know what Tynion's plans were for Dick if he had been able to write the book after the funeral?

Does anyone know when this takes place? It's confusing when Damien is not in Endgame or Eternal

That's interesting, I've been seeing it in reverse the whole time. Damian's death in Morrison's run felt so final, and the characterisations and tone so singularly defined, that Tomasi's book in comparison just feels like someone doing their own thing but with similar toys. A Morrison-lite. Then Grayson came along and picked up not only the Spyral question - the second great big hanging thread from Incorporated - but also a distinct style and personalities so in tune they feel like a genuine follow up chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Exactly, this is the final Morrison piece that was left hanging. Grayson is more of John's doing.
    Huh, see that wouldn't occur to me at all since Geoff Johns is almost a non-entity to me. Last thing I read by Johns was probably Justice League #1 in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    That's interesting, I've been seeing it in reverse the whole time. Damian's death in Morrison's run felt so final, and the characterisations and tone so singularly defined, that Tomasi's book in comparison just feels like someone doing their own thing but with similar toys. A Morrison-lite. Then Grayson came along and picked up not only the Spyral question - the second great big hanging thread from Incorporated - but also a distinct style and personalities so in tune they feel like a genuine follow up chapter.

Huh, see that wouldn't occur to me at all since Geoff Johns is almost a non-entity to me. Last thing I read by Johns was probably Justice League #1 in 2011
    You ain't missing out on much, IMHO

But I feel his Forever Evil set Grayson up, and Grayson doesn't really match up with Morrison's pre-New 52 continuity, since Helena was introduced in Grayson
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 12-23-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Super Moderator

Default ROBIN RISES: ALPHA #1 Preview/Discussion

It all ends here! Batman's been to the hells of Apokalips and back just to retrieve his son's body. But what has he brought back with him? And who is the new Robin?

Full preview here.

All-New Member

Alfred is bad-ass.

um, this is the exact same thing from the end of batman and robin #37.

come on...
    This is the world. It is not the one we wanted, but it is the one we deserved. - East of West