Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    This was really really *really* bad.
    Not even worth discussing.

I was going to say "even worse than the Snyder book this week" but I guess tynion wrote the annual... so no wonder that was kinda good.
    Yeah, I would have to agree with you. For starters the first few pages were pretty much right out of Batman and Robin #37. So I'm paying for the same story twice. Damian coming back in this issue was kinda lame. It was like, yep, I'm back, no biggie. Back to normal. And that ending was straight out of another Batman and Robin issue, just can't remember the issue #. I was not really a fan of this issue. And I agree, the Annual was really good.

Hey Dan.

Not the first time I've wasted money but I can't pretend it was anything else.

Are you excited about Super Robin?

I am not.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

How would they show that Bruce Wayne is someone who would go to Hell and battle the devil himself in order to get his son back? Batman waged war against the God of evil in the DCU, and Ra's just wouldn't have had that sort of weight.

Eh. I'm months late on this issue (and arc) but I finally read it. The arc overall was entertaining enough I suppose and gets the message across pretty well, and Damian's return scene had me almost tearing up for a brief second. I don't like the Bat fam literally beating up Gods tho... and the whole omega crystal bringing Damian back is a little too "science fictiony" for a Batman book imo. I also think they should've left Talia dead, her story really had reached its peak and it's only downhill from here. At least they erased her memory so I suppose that's the best move outside of keeping her dead. This series isn't great but it's decent enough, hoping they only get better in the future.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

At the end of the day Damian (under Grant Morrison's pen) is my favorite character in comics and I'm glad he's back. I just pray that he's done justice.
    Formerly known as YMCMB