Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    It doesn't matter.
    Really, it truly doesn't, because it's comics.
    That would sound like a cop out if it came from editorial.

I appreciate a higher standard but obviously it doesn't seem to matter much to DC currently. They're shooting from the hip without planning forward far enough.

It definitely matters to me as it lends to over all quality when the tales work together.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    That would sound like a cop out if it came from editorial.

I appreciate a higher standard but obviously it doesn't seem to matter much to DC currently. They're shooting from the hip without planning forward far enough.

It definitely matters to me as it lends to over all quality when the tales work together.
    The issue seems to be that some stories (Batman Grieves/Robin Rises, Batman Eternal, & Detective Comics) are product of the Marts editorial era so the continuity was already going to be fuzzy but eventually lead into whatever Snyder was doing. The Doyle era has brought the funk [Grayson, Gotham Academy, Gotham By Midnight, All-New Batgirl, Catwoman] so instead of shackling everything to one book, the approach seems to be everything is happening in a Gotham sized bubble.

Enjoy what you read, connect it if you want.

BANNED

Best of all, we got BAT-COW in all her glory!!!!!!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Snyder has said everything happens at the end of Eternal, so it just does. Grayson is the one exception, and it is happening during Eternal since the writers also said so.
    What is supposed to be happening at the end of Eternal?

I wish I had never read this book. Makes me not want to read anything else Bat related.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    What is supposed to be happening at the end of Eternal?
    Nothing. It is just Snyder's way of saying Eternal happens first and everything else happens afterwards.

Having said that, B&R clearly does not happen after Eternal.

BANNED

Well, whenever it happens, I'm glad the Waynes apparently got their home back from the nutjobs.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Nothing. It is just Snyder's way of saying Eternal happens first and everything else happens afterwards.

Having said that, B&R clearly does not happen after Eternal.
    How do you figure? There's been no mention of Damian of Damian so far in Eternal and the Mansion is back to normal so it would seem to me that it takes place after Eternal.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How do you figure? There's been no mention of Damian of Damian so far in Eternal and the Mansion is back to normal so it would seem to me that it takes place after Eternal.

Batgirl wears her old suit in Robin Rises, and has her new suit in a recent issue of Eternal.

I don't remember the Manor being restored in RR. I just remember them saying they're going back to the Manor. From what we've seen in Eternal, Bats & Co. still use the cave, but concreted all of the entrances.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Batgirl wears her old suit in Robin Rises, and has her new suit in a recent issue of Eternal.

I don't remember the Manor being restored in RR. I just remember them saying they're going back to the Manor. From what we've seen in Eternal, Bats & Co. still use the cave, but concreted all of the entrances.
    The costume is a pretty minor continuity gaffe by editorial not really a solid point saying this takes place before eternal and we already know Arkham Manor will be gone soon enough from the solicits so I'd assume that when that wraps up Bruce will have his home back which would line up with him using the manor here.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

If you guys care, here is an expert's take on continuity: http://www.therealbatmanchronologyproject.com

It actually does make sense if you care to read

The most amazing part of this story is that I still found it enjoyable even though it included everything that I don't think Batman should include. It had magic, and Bat-God, and immortal humans, and other heroes being inept. Somehow it was still pretty good.

My biggest problem with this was that the second he woke up Damian should have asked "What's Drake and The Redhead doing here? And where the hell is Grayson?"
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I felt like this was bad ending of story arc that had some ups and downs. Lots of pages were basically recaps of what happened in last issue of B&R and it doesn't really flow well I think. In last issue it looks like Batman is dying and that Apokolips won't follow them, here Batman recovers in few seconds and Kalibak comes rushing in, I suppose he disobeyed direct order from Darkseid? Not buying it. Wasn't a fan of last issue, but this imo was even worse.

I am tempted to say AGREED but there were some comic book fun and some emotively decent scenes, too. Although, nothing good came from any of 3 'deputy Robins' at all. Even that one page interlude felt meaningless. Damian, Batman, Kalibak, Alfred and even Titus kept me interested. I guess overall it was... okay if you look up close but the further your step back and see the lazy redundancies and inconsistencies with B&R it's bothersome. And even further back trying to justify the shared continuity of the Batline of books it's maddening - as is anyone at DC that dismisses reader concern for this so lightly.

Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Hell, I'm expecting a burnout. A fakeout burnout. We get superpower Damian for four issues then he dies again permanently because he burns too hot, full Icarus style. Mwuhahaha.

Yeah I'm sure he'll be depowered. I actually figure four issues should be enough to explore Super Robin and it'd be nice if he's back to normal after Convergence. Not that I ever expect writers these days to not inflate the length of their stories. But I'll be curious just what themes ol' Pete wants to play with.
    But then who should be robin if he does go back to normal ?

He'll be depowered, but with the insinuation that the potential is still there, leaving the idea of the Batman #666 Damian as remaining a possibility.