Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Totally for it in some cases, like terrorists, serial rapists and murderers.

The worst thing about prison life is when the criminal keeps asking for parole or pardon. Like rubbing salt into a wound for the victim or victim's family to hear it every few years that so and so is asking to be let out. These people just want to get on with their lives. They don't need to be reminded of past.

And it must be traumatizing to hear when the sentence is finished and the criminal is out back in society.
    That's why jail for life without parole should definitely be an option in some cases.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Then maybe we should be asking ourselves, what kind of horrible shitty lives must these people have, and what can we do to prevent things getting so bad that prison does seem like the better option?
    There is a innate flaw in this view point do to it absolving personal responsibility. It is not mine, yours, or anyone else responsibility to make someone else life better or change their situation for them. If someone does not like their situation or unhappy they need to do whatever it takes to get themsevels out of it or die trying to do so. If they don't want to do that then play the cards that are dealt. If they choose to make bad choices then they have also chosen to take any consequences that may come with them.

BANNED

Why not? Keep him alive as long as possible, so he's reminded every day of just how much of an utter, abject failure he was.
    It sounds like he's pretty pleased with himself.

There are some people that are just monsters who want to kill for the sake of it, have killed, get off on killing, have no problem with killing, and if given the chance would kill again. I'm not going to lose any sleep on the fate of these people.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As posted there are some who really can't be allowed to walk the Earth again. They are a danger to everyone. For instance a few days ago I saw a show on IDiscovery where a therapist sits down with some very bad killers in jail. He discusses the crime and why they did the things they did. One man very coldly looked at him and said he better not get out. Because his ex-girlfriend survived an attack by him and he killed someone that day. That if he gets out , his anger at her will lead him to hunt her down and kill her. And its like he never even cared.

You can't risk some guys being able to stay in prison for life . If they escape or they get parole by some chance ....they shouldn't.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    There is a innate flaw in this view point do to it absolving personal responsibility. It is not mine, yours, or anyone else responsibility to make someone else life better or change their situation for them. If someone does not like their situation or unhappy they need to do whatever it takes to get themsevels out of it or die trying to do so. If they don't want to do that then play the cards that are dealt. If they choose to make bad choices then they have also chosen to take any consequences that may come with them.
    That's a rather cold-hearted way of looking at things.

BANNED

For the worst of the worst like serial killers absolutely yes so long as there truly is no doubt about guilt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As posted there are some who really can't be allowed to walk the Earth again. They are a danger to everyone. For instance a few days ago I saw a show on IDiscovery where a therapist sits down with some very bad killers in jail. He discusses the crime and why they did the things they did. One man very coldly looked at him and said he better not get out. Because his ex-girlfriend survived an attack by him and he killed someone that day. That if he gets out , his anger at her will lead him to hunt her down and kill her. And its like he never even cared.

You can't risk some guys being able to stay in prison for life . If they escape or they get parole by some chance ....they shouldn't.
    Basically you can't fix or rehabilitate violent psychopathic serial killers.

Who's talking about fixing or rehabilitating? Lock. Them up. For LIFE.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Ayn? Sweetheart? Is that you? It's your father, sweetie. Your mother and I were just hoping you'd come out of your room, get something to eat, maybe get a little sunshine. Oh, and stop promoting your insane objectivist philosophy, because it just doesn't work in the outside world, honey.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Who's talking about fixing or rehabilitating? Lock. Them up. For LIFE.
    Where they get to enjoy celebrity status as a serial killer? Where they pose a constant risk to guards and others in the prison? Where they get 3 squares a day, unlimited reading, etc while their victims are still dead? Where crazy women want to marry them (Charles Manson just got married for those who missed the news). Nope, better to kill them in a slow torturous death.

Again I only hold this view for the worst of the worst (serial killers, terrorists, mass spree killers) where guilt is absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Ayn? Sweetheart? Is that you? It's your father, sweetie. Your mother and I were just hoping you'd come out of your room, get something to eat, maybe get a little sunshine. Oh, and stop promoting your insane objectivist philosophy, because it just doesn't work in the outside world, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Nope, better to kill them in the slowest most painful way possible.
    Right, you just jumped the shark right over Practicality, and landed in the middle of Revenge.

BANNED

Right, you just jumped the shark right over Practicality, and landed in the middle of Revenge.
    Absolutely. People like Charles Manson, Gary Ridgway, Dennis Rader, Wayne Williams, Edmund Kemper, Rodney Accala, and far too many others are still alive in prison decades after they killed many many people (the body counts of some are around 30). Damn right I'm for slow torture on them til they agonizingly die. They deserve to die horribly instead of living in relative luxury and celebrity status where people are constantly stroking their ego's by wanting to write books about them and giving them chances to sexually relive in their minds their glorious kills.

Again so long as there is no doubt as to their guilt but with serial killers there usually isn't. Most if not all of the cases you hear about with false convictions aren't serial cases. By the time most serial killers get caught the only debate is insanity or not. I'm actually more liberal than not on the DP as I oppose it in most cases and I recognize that our system is flawed in many places - I also fully believe that Texas has in the last 20 years executed at least two innocent people - Ruben Cantu and Cameron Willingham . . but neither of those cases are ones where I'd support the DP even if they had been guilty as they aren't serial, spree, or terrorist.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 12-23-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Absolutely. People like Charles Manson, Gary Ridgway, Dennis Rader, Wayne Williams, Edmund Kemper, Rodney Accala, and far too many others are still alive in prison decades after they killed many many people (the body counts of some are around 30).
    Yep. And since being imprisoned, how many innocent people have they killed?

Damn right I'm for slow torture on them til the agonizingly die.
    That's a tad disturbing. Actually, no. It's downright sick. Get yourself sorted out.

That's a tad disturbing. Actually, no. It's downright sick. Get yourself sorted out.
    What's downright disturbing is wanting to put Hitler in a timeout and feeling bad for the terrorist who killed 3,000 people on 9/11.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!