Default X-Men: Read it All, or Check the Highlights?

I'm planning to pick up Blue/Gold/Iceman and am currently reading IvX. I feel confident that I don't 'need' to read anything prior. However, I would like to get a bit of background reading done, but I won't have time to read it all before Resurrxion, although I would very much like to. So here is the decision;

Read the highlights now and then start Resurrxion, or read nothing now and come back and read the majority of it in order when I get a chance? Will it ruin it if I read the highlights, and then go back later and fill in gaps?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

To get some background on Iceman's sexuality, you can read Uncanny X-Men #600, where he and his younger self have a conversation about it.

For Blue/Gold/IvX, I'd say you can read Civil War II: X-Men and then Death of X, to understand why things are the way they are in Inhumans vs. X-Men. That's really it. No need to go any further back. Or don't read any of it at all. You could probably put the pieces together if you didn't.

I think just Picking up the X-men: Prime one shot in spring should bring you up to speed. Comics play fast and loose with continuity anyway.