Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Bendis and remember both seem to have a lot of pull. If they both want Havok, would they have to arm wrestle in the break room for him?
    Based on his interviews referring to AXIS, I don't think Bendis really planned to use Alex but decided to bring him in as a result of what Remender did with him in AXIS so I'm guessing Remender's plans would supersede Bendis when it comes to Alex.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I liked this version of X-Factor more than the previous one. It was nice to see Polaris take the lead without Havok dragging her down and I also liked that she got to interact with her family...at least while they were still related.

Ultimate Member

The whole inversion thing could fix Alex so to speak, it's been quite awhile since Alex dragged Lorna down in any way...and there are people here who will never give Alex a fair shake regardless of what happens and always hate him, and Remender might just have one big thing to do with Alex and then he's done for all that we know...and no I wasn't expecting Alex and Lorna to be together for awhile so I'm not holding my breath.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The whole inversion thing could fix Alex so to speak, it's been quite awhile since Alex dragged Lorna down in any way...and there are people here who will never give Alex a fair shake regardless of what happens and always hate him, and Remender might just have one big thing to do with Alex and then he's done for all that we know...and no I wasn't expecting Alex and Lorna to be together for awhile so I'm not holding my breath.
    It won't fix him because eventually the inversion will have to be undone for some kind of resolution...just as it will for Tony Stark and Sabretooth (he'll certainly be a villain again by the time Wolverine comes back)...for that matter, the inversion might actually make him worse depending on Bendis' take on it (he could go from one extreme to the other and end up a full on terrorist)...and I don't think Remender is done because, if he was, that was a whole lot of set up in AXIS (crappy as it was) just to hand him off to Bendis...who, based on his interviews, didn't originally plan to do anything with him.

I used to like Havok but Remender has totally ruined him to me...I really think he needed to die and come back down the line and that could be used to fix him...I also used to like Alex and Lorna together but he has screwed her over so many times (he only wants her when he can't have her) at this point that any reconciliation would only make her look pathetic (and I actually like her more than him).

Ultimate Member

Or the inversion being undone could be used to fix Alex...I don't think that he's screwed her over as much as you do, many of those time were not his fault but editorialy done, to where he's wanted her when he can have her, recently it was their split to be on different teams and imho PAD wrote Alex badly before and after the split, now Lorna running back to Alex because she'd need him for her to work right or whatever would be bad, but for Alex to partially get fixed physically and then have the inversion be undone it could be a way for Alex and Lorna to work together again for a time before getting back together.

Killing a character off is only good if when he/she is brought back they actually change the character, but they don't need to kill the character off to do that...just thought that the inversion could be a "death" without actually killing him when it's undone, and from PAD's split I found it more that they both expected to be back together again someday, so it wouldn't make either look pathetic unless it was written as such.

I remember when Wanda or Rogue or Janet would smile at Alex in Remender's book that the Alex haters would claim that the two were now dating and how wrong that was of Alex.

Astonishing Member

Or the inversion being undone could be used to fix Alex...I don't think that he's screwed her over as much as you do, many of those time were not his fault but editorialy done, to where he's wanted her when he can have her, recently it was their split to be on different teams and imho PAD wrote Alex badly before and after the split, now Lorna running back to Alex because she'd need him for her to work right or whatever would be bad, but for Alex to partially get fixed physically and then have the inversion be undone it could be a way for Alex and Lorna to work together again for a time before getting back together.
    Undoing the inversion would make him the same douche he was in Uncanny Avengers...not seeing how that would fix him given that we never had a reason for how badly he was acting there. Personally, I think PAD writes Alex better than anyone else and he split them up because Alex would be leaving the team...but, regardless of the reasoning, it's still canon...and, when I said he'd screwed her over so many times, I was mainly thinking back to the Austen/Milligan runs where he treated her horribly and only got interested again as soon as Iceman did...it may be badly written, but no more so than what Morrison did with Scott/Jean and everyone still blames Scott for that mess...canon is canon.

Killing a character off is only good if when he/she is brought back they actually change the character, but they don't need to kill the character off to do that...just thought that the inversion could be a "death" without actually killing him when it's undone, and from PAD's split I found it more that they both expected to be back together again someday, so it wouldn't make either look pathetic unless it was written as such.
    Killing him off also gives us a break from the character and distance from how horribly he was written by Remender...the inversion doesn't accomplish either and is likely just a story excuse to write him even worse...death and resurrection of these characters CAN have a cleansing affect when handled right.

I remember when Wanda or Rogue or Janet would smile at Alex in Remender's book that the Alex haters would claim that the two were now dating and how wrong that was of Alex.
    It was pretty messed up given that he was spying on Lorna and still calling her his girl in X-Factor at the time...different writers but still canon...and PAD's interpretation still fit the character far better than Remender's.

Ultimate Member

The inversion could change whatever Bendis wanted it to if you think about it, canon is whatever the current writer wants it to be in the end and when last I looked PAD had them split on at the very least friendly terms, and anything in the future would depend on how it was written. I was just saying that you dont' have to kill a character off to change them, PAD wrote him badly with the whole spying thing and given that it was only in X-Factor it could easily be completely ignored by Bendis and Remender if they wanted to, what fits which character is in the eye of the beholder. And they could play it off as Alex simply being worried about her and not trusting Snow...and asking Pietro to watch out for her and contact him if trouble were to get to big, and with the whole camera in her eye they could say that he was right about Snow, all that I'm saying is that Bendis could change or ignore the spying part altogether.

Astonishing Member

The inversion could change whatever Bendis wanted it to if you think about it, canon is whatever the current writer wants it to be in the end and when last I looked PAD had them split on at the very least friendly terms, and anything in the future would depend on how it was written. I was just saying that you dont' have to kill a character off to change them, PAD wrote him badly with the whole spying thing and given that it was only in X-Factor it could easily be completely ignored by Bendis and Remender if they wanted to, what fits which character is in the eye of the beholder. And they could play it off as Alex simply being worried about her and not trusting Snow...and asking Pietro to watch out for her and contact him if trouble were to get to big, and with the whole camera in her eye they could say that he was right about Snow, all that I'm saying is that Bendis could change or ignore the spying part altogether.
    Remender has already as much as admitted in interviews he isn't through with Alex and he will return to Uncanny Avengers at some point so, whatever Bendis is going to do with Alex is not likely to derail Remender's plans...and we have nothing to say that Bendis has any interest in Lorna at all.

Ultimate Member

I didn't say that Bendis did have any interest in Lorna, only that they could use the ending of the inversion to change him however they wanted and could use Lorna to play a role in that...also know that Remender isn't done with him, though not sure if that's like one storyline or several...

Astonishing Member

I didn't say that Bendis did have any interest in Lorna, only that they could use the ending of the inversion to change him however they wanted and could use Lorna to play a role in that...also know that Remender isn't done with him, though not sure if that's like one storyline or several...
    Whatever it is, it is sure to be some major change the character and almost certainly bad.

Ultimate Member

It's possible but it could be the start for some other writer to begin to fix him as well so...

Astonishing Member

It's possible but it could be the start for some other writer to begin to fix him as well so...
    I don't think anything Remender will do will, in any way, fix the character...and I don't think Bendis will be able to manage it either (not sure he even plans to try)...I could see Bendis using "evil" Alex as the thing that makes Scott realize he's going too far...he might just be a plot device.

Ultimate Member

Who knows, maybe at best Remender would put Alex back to how he was before he got a hold of him, then again Bendis seems to think only the best of Scott so he probably won't go to far for years now...

Astonishing Member

Who knows, maybe at best Remender would put Alex back to how he was before he got a hold of him, then again Bendis seems to think only the best of Scott so he probably won't go to far for years now...
    I doubt Remender actually thinks the character needs fixing at all...other than eventually undoing the inversion and making him back into the douche he was throughout Uncanny Avengers.

Bendis is clearly pushing Scott to the brink in Uncanny...I still kind of think he will eventually become a full-on villain and then whatever the O5 do to change the past when they go back will fix him...I think that's one of the things Bendis is going for with the O5.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

missing x factor