Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Facts are facts. Can't be mad at you for pointing them out.

Personally I was greatly looking forward to the two of you being reunited on X-Factor, as I'd rank your collaboration in the 90's among my top 3 in X-History, but when it actually came out...well...it was kind of ugly and unintelligible at times. It certainly didn't serve the story well at all. Such a shame.
    Dude, *I* stopped reading the book.

PAD

BANNED

I stopped reading because the team moved to Detroit, Longshot and Darwin joined the cast, and the story got hella boring. Stroman's art was fine.

Facts r Facts.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I stopped reading because the team moved to Detroit, Longshot and Darwin joined the cast, and the story got hella boring. Stroman's art was fine.
    agree to disagree....personally, of all the additions to the cast over the years, I thought Longshot was by far the best.

BANNED

agree to disagree....personally, of all the additions to the cast over the years, I thought Longshot was by far the best.
    I thought he contributed nothing to the plot - just a mullet head standing around - and that great damage was done to the character due to the fanfic rewrite of his origin. Darwin just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter David View Post
    Dude, *I* stopped reading the book.

PAD
    Wow. Not only you're blaming Stroman for the low sales, you're ACTIVELY trashing his art. It doesn't look like you "hate to say it", to be honest.

On the topic, I loved the Madrox team, but neither the concept of this volume nor the characters selected were a draw to me. I'd be more interested in seeing Madrox, Layla and Siryn again than this particular group.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 12-25-2014 at 08:44 AM.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Wow. Not only you're blaming Stroman for the low sales, you're ACTIVELY trashing his art. It doesn't look like you "hate to say it", to be honest.
    I talk shit about my co-workers literally all the time lol...I see no distinction. I'd rather get the real tea than a Marvel PR approved response any day.

I talk shit about my co-workers literally all the time lol...I see no distinction. I'd rather get the real tea than a Marvel PR approved response any day.
    So do I. But you do it in your inner circle, amirite? He's talking shit about a fellow artist in a public forum. It's not about a PR approved response, it's about professional courtesy.

Maybe Larry was a huge asshole to PAD in a personal way? Who cares? I kinda don't.

BANNED

I thought Stroman's art was stylized and fun in his comeback. But once the story left M-Town, really once we had that Paula Poundstone issue, my interest was killed.

I also was super happy to see PAD and Stroman together again. My all-time favorite PAD's X-Factor is with Stroman. And I'm a big supporter of PAD for many years now (specially with my wallet).

But I remember loving more the Stroman art (Guido was funny again) than the story. My interested also was killed.

But hey, let's not do the blame game (or let's point the finger on the editor, LOL).

Happy Holidays everyone (PAD included, love your work, man).

I didn't care for Stroman's art, but his run sort of did coincide with a dip in the quality of the story as well.

The only TPB I enjoyed of X-Factor after The Only Game In Town was the Spider-Man arc and I may have guffawed at the Shatterstar shenanigans here and there.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 12-25-2014 at 11:03 AM.

I kept reading but I was not a fan of Stroman's work I found it hard to follow.

Amazing Member

"I thought the Stroman art was great and was kinda disappointed when IIRC PAD blamed him for losing readers."

I hate to say this, but sales were rock solid before Larry started on the book, and by the time he was finished, we'd lost 1/3 of our readership. In all my years of writing, I've NEVER lost that many readers so quickly. I'm not pointing fingers. I'm simply saying that this is what happened to sales while Larry was on the book. When he left, we stopped losing readers, although we never regained the readers we lost. It's as simple as that. Draw from that what you will.

PAD
    Art is subjective by nature, but this is well documented as fact. Some many say the story quality wavered, but again that is subjective. So PAD is only providing a fact-base view of this...most people turned off for whatever reason when Stroman rolled into town and didn't come back. The rest of the time the book ran a natural lifecycle.

I for one weep for the loss of PADs touch on any X-characters...he simply has a gift with character.

BANNED

PAD, if you read this then I have to tell you that other than the Georgia arc everything else was just perfect. Your snappy writing with the character moments and the amazing art from Carmine and the 2 fill in issues from Pop.... I'm extremely sad to see it go. Your Gambit was the best I've seen anyone write him since Mike Carey did so very long ago in X-Men Legacy.

Last edited by junir; 12-25-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

"I thought the Stroman art was great and was kinda disappointed when IIRC PAD blamed him for losing readers."

I hate to say this, but sales were rock solid before Larry started on the book, and by the time he was finished, we'd lost 1/3 of our readership. In all my years of writing, I've NEVER lost that many readers so quickly. I'm not pointing fingers. I'm simply saying that this is what happened to sales while Larry was on the book. When he left, we stopped losing readers, although we never regained the readers we lost. It's as simple as that. Draw from that what you will.

PAD
    That's tacky.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Just being honest: a practice that is generally encouraged and accepted for fans to do, but when pros do it, fans tend to get tremendously upset.

PAD