Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Default Why No new ongoing DC animated series?

Aside from Titans Go we don't have a new ongoing DC animated series. Do you think we should and if so what should it be?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Aside from Titans Go we don't have a new ongoing DC animated series. Do you think we should and if so what should it be?
    We will have Vixen soon, on CWseed, not sure if that counts. But I am excited for it haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

It looks like there's one coming soon with the Justice League.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    It looks like there's one coming soon with the Justice League.
    source? if true, that would be great news.

Fantastic Member

Has that computer generated Batman series ended then ?

Someone posted a photo of a line of posters at WB animation. Each one was of a current or in production show, with one at the end for what appears to be a show called Justice League Action.

Cartoon Network seem to have a thing against proper animated shows with plot. They'd rather have inane silly lolrandom animated things that talk down to children. There's also the thing about toy sales and they'll cancel things that don't sell as many toys as they'd like. Though I've seen them cancel shows with good toy sales too if it doesn't fit into CN's "lolrandom" mold. They also don't like shows that get a wide demographics viewership and any female views, because they want to have an exclusively 7 year old boy market. The higher ups' stubborn system about this is actually counterproductive to them and loses them those extra demographics, but they don't care. That's why any real TV show is going to get cancelled while "hey guys waffles amirite?" will last forever. I've seen plenty of cartoons for kids that don't talk down to the kids, even ones for very young viewers. If you treat kids as dumb, they'll be dumb. If you treat them as capable, they'll be capable. Respect for kids is important and CN just don't have any to give if they continue their current position. If we want proper DC stuff, you have to wait for the animated movies.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Cartoon Network seem to have a thing against proper animated shows with plot. They'd rather have inane silly lolrandom animated things that talk down to children. There's also the thing about toy sales and they'll cancel things that don't sell as many toys as they'd like. Though I've seen them cancel shows with good toy sales too if it doesn't fit into CN's "lolrandom" mold. They also don't like shows that get a wide demographics viewership and any female views, because they want to have an exclusively 7 year old boy market. The higher ups' stubborn system about this is actually counterproductive to them and loses them those extra demographics, but they don't care. That's why any real TV show is going to get cancelled while "hey guys waffles amirite?" will last forever. I've seen plenty of cartoons for kids that don't talk down to the kids, even ones for very young viewers. If you treat kids as dumb, they'll be dumb. If you treat them as capable, they'll be capable. Respect for kids is important and CN just don't have any to give if they continue their current position. If we want proper DC stuff, you have to wait for the animated movies.
    I agree. Lets hope Boomerang would be a great avenue for DC animations from now.

BANNED

Because were are living in the dark ages of DC animation. There animated movies have been awful, so I have no hopes for ongoing animation.

Spectacular Member

A multiple animated series universe like Marvel has done with movies would be ace. A Super man series, a Batman series, A Green Lantern series and a DCU Presents series to start with. Each season or two the title changes, like Batman>Batman Dark Knight>Batman & Robin>Gotham Knights>Batman INC, Green Lantern>Green Lantern Corps etc. Eventually replace DCUP with Justice League, then a Titans series added etc. You can have multi-part events spread across the series'.

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    A multiple animated series universe like Marvel has done with movies would be ace. A Super man series, a Batman series, A Green Lantern series and a DCU Presents series to start with. Each season or two the title changes, like Batman>Batman Dark Knight>Batman & Robin>Gotham Knights>Batman INC, Green Lantern>Green Lantern Corps etc. Eventually replace DCUP with Justice League, then a Titans series added etc. You can have multi-part events spread across the series'.
    And preferably with stronger plots and characters than the current Marvel cartoons have .

While I wish there were more DC animated shows, I'd rather them not be on Cartoon Network (which seems like WB/DC's go to place for cartoons). Just look at Young Justice, Green Lantern, and Beware the Batman, all three ended too soon (even Thundercats). If I were DC/WB I would have put my shows on Nicktoons, or The Hub.

Fantastic Member

I wouldnt have the crossovers, rather just have guest star multiepisode arcs in one.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    While I wish there were more DC animated shows, I'd rather them not be on Cartoon Network (which seems like WB/DC's go to place for cartoons). Just look at Young Justice, Green Lantern, and Beware the Batman, all three ended too soon (even Thundercats). If I were DC/WB I would have put my shows on Nicktoons, or The Hub.
    Why doesn't DC/WB air their animated series on Nicktoons/Nickelodeon? X-Men Evolution originally aired on Kids WB, which mostly featured DC shows like Teen Titans and The New Batman Superman Adventures. Wolverine and the X-Men aired on Nicktoons though, so maybe Nick and Disney XD get the Marvel shows, while Cartoon Network gets the DC shows by default? I think both Nick and CN end up cancelling their Marvel and DC series too soon though. Maybe Fox should get a new animated block like in the 90s with Batman: The Animated Series and Spider-Man: The Animated Series. Not on Fox's ADHD block though.

I'm interested in the upcoming JLA animated series though, and Vixen as well.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

So basically you want a new Timmverse (which had Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond, Zeta, Static and Justice League shows). An admirable direction to go in. I could dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    As a guy who works at an elementary school, your opinion isn't entirely correct.

I know very few 7 year olds who talk about or discuss the Regular Show, Adventure Time or even Teen Titans Go. Or any CN shows, really (excepting Pokemon). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spongebob, Star Wars and Marvel? Definitely. Its the older kids who enjoy the CN shows, closer to 10 or 11, really (so 5th and 6th graders).