BANNED

Default "I didn't need your help getting off that island!"

Re-reading some books today while cleaning house(Productive, right?)

It always stuck with me in JL #8 that Arrow contributes Aquaman for his island rescue. Johns has also mentioned that the old Hawkman/Arrow feud exists between he and Aquaman because of their history from the island. So far in Arrow's own book, it hasn't been mentioned and still made note of the fishing ship rescue instead.

Knowing Johns, this won't get retconned, he'll just find a way to cram it in there and make it work with the shipping boat version when the time comes.

How do you guys think it all fits?

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Re-reading some books today while cleaning house(Productive, right?)

It always stuck with me in JL #8 that Arrow contributes Aquaman for his island rescue. Johns has also mentioned that the old Hawkman/Arrow feud exists between he and Aquaman because of their history from the island. So far in Arrow's own book, it hasn't been mentioned and still made note of the fishing ship rescue instead.

Knowing Johns, this won't get retconned, he'll just find a way to cram it in there and make it work with the shipping boat version when the time comes.

How do you guys think it all fits?
    I'm thinking it will never be referenced again because that was the early New 52 where no one knew what was or wasn't cannon. Don't hold your breath, especially since Johns isn't writing any of those characters.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    I'm thinking it will never be referenced again because that was the early New 52 where no one knew what was or wasn't cannon. Don't hold your breath, especially since Johns isn't writing any of those characters.
    I'm pretty sure that at least Lemire will reference it considering his love for continuity.

Amazing Member

I thought this thread was going to be about what the Skipper said to Gilligan.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Geoff Johns will most likely retconn Lemire's entire run out of continuity in just a few throwaway lines. He'll say that Aquaman saved Ollie, and that's that.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Geoff Johns will most likely retconn Lemire's entire run out of continuity in just a few throwaway lines. He'll say that Aquaman saved Ollie, and that's that.
    Nah, Johns only retcons things that didn't work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Nah, Johns only retcons things that didn't work.
    Like the entire DCU...?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Like the entire DCU...?
    Given the sales numbers at the time, that would be correct.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Given the sales numbers at the time, that would be correct.
    Aren't they about the same now? Time for another reboot!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Aren't they about the same now? Time for another reboot!!
    They're already doing that with some titles, numbering at least. This upcoming Earth 2 crossover/war book will also have a big affect on the New 52 universe.

At this time, the rescue of Oliver was probably more of an attempt. I like to believe Aquaman showed up after the rig blew up and Oliver acted like a dick, so Arthur left him there for a couple more years.

As for Lemire, he just got outvoted on Green Arrow's beard. DC has wanted it back but Lemire didn't. Jurgens basically said they overruled him in Future's End and gave him the beard. In the Future's End #2 preview, it shows 'four years ago', which is a year from now in the New 52 and Oliver is wearing a goatee, which he eventually grows into a beard when he goes all hippie. That, and Sorrentino teasing the beard on his Twitter..I think Lemire lost. Personally, I'll take any facial hair. I just hate the totally clean look. I like full stubble on this version of GA right now.