Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    That's pretty much what happens now.

Events absolutely do not turn off casual readers; in fact, they bring them in. At an event panel at New York Comic Con this year, Brevoort asked what people really thought of events. Three people responded, all saying more or less the same thing -- that they were grateful for them because an event is a nice annual peak into the greater doings of the Marvel Universe for people who can't afford to buy a lot of comics to know everything that's going on.
    Okay, you clearly just have no idea what you're talking about.

I'd prefer more smaller stories, but I know that the likelihood of that happening is probably next to nothing.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They should, but they won't. The editors have said repeatedly that they will stop making these events when people stop buying them.
    Bingo. And therein lies the problem. "Events" are like crack for readers who can't resist buying the stuff, regardless of if it's good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Hopefully once Secret Wars is finished, they'll settle down for a little bit (but I don't expect them to go longer than 12 months without an event).
    12 months? How about 12 weeks? Hell, perhaps shorter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    After Secret Wars, Marvel really can't go any bigger anymore.
    Oh, really? I wouldn't be too sure about that claim. I suspect Marvel is already brainstorming the next "big thing".
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Message boarders are not , repeat not representative of fandom as a whole.

Its very likely that the vast majority of the comic buyers probably only buy a couple of books so the yearly
    crossovers are less annoying to them then they are to the people here.

I see no reason to assume that the average comics fan is an uber fan with a 30+ dollar a month pull list of Marvel books.