Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Stjepan Sejic Appreciation Thread!

To celebrate Sunstone Day, I am launching this Appreciation Thread for the great Stjepan Sejic. He more than deserves it.

Let's all post our favourite art pieces of his, whether from Witchblade, Ravine, Death Vigil, Rat Queens, Sunstone, or random Deviant Art samples, and express our gratitude.

Last edited by Arvandor; 12-24-2014 at 08:44 AM.

BANNED

And like I said, Sunstone is finally out today in print. Yay!

You could also buy it on Comixology. Me? I bought both.

so_i_made_a_print__i_call_it__shipping_intensifies_by_shiniez-d88fdnx.jpg

I appreciate Stjepan Sejic having a sense of humor about his own past work. He was cool enough during the whole Randy Queen incident that it tipped the balance in favor of my giving Death Vigil a shot.

BANNED

BANNED

Sejic to me, created one of the absolute best wonder woman redesigns/outfits for all time.

Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 12-24-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Damn that WW looks pretty awesome. Would be so much better than what the Finches are giving us.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

That WW design is spectacular. I'd love to see that happen, even in an Earth One OGN or something. I'm really looking forward to see him draw Rat Queens. I can't think of a better artist to replace Roc Upchurch. I also think it's an excellent opportunity for a wider fanbase to see his work.

An excuse to go back through his deviantart gallery? Don't mind if I do!

Love this Venom design:

This will never stop being funny. WW's face makes it.

More funny stuff:

I just discovered Stjepan this year through Death Vigil and am now rabid fan. I never would have looked twice at books like Ravine or Sunstone but now own both. His art speaks for itself but it's his writing that's captured my heart. Really some of the most engaging characters and such natural integration of humor into the stories. Now with Rat Queens he'll be exposed to a larger audience and I feel like 2015 is gonna be his big breakout year. Really excited to see what he produces this year!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

A well deserved appreciation thread. I love his humor that's always been present in such beautiful art. Plus it's been a lot of fun watching his style evolve in the Aphrodite series.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Such a damn shame about Ravine not selling so well. But doing the Sunstone method with Ravine is a good idea, and I really hope it works out. I do think it will find its audience by the time the third book is out, or maybe the fourth.

Wanderers of Ravine is the deviant art site for Ravine now, for those who don't know.

Last edited by Arvandor; 12-26-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Wanted to stop by and say how much I like Stjepan's art. He's one of the most under-rated artists working in the biz now.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Wonder Woman does not like She-Ra.

Spectacular Member

Read Sunstone vol 1 over the past couple of days. I loved it, I'm looking forward to more.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'm a pretty new fan of Stjepan's. Basically fell in love with his work on Aphrodite IX and then Death Vigil. Really looking forward to checking out Sunstone and IXth Generation next.

Anyway, was trawling through his deviantart account when I came across this. LOVE IT.