Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

New Sunstone strip is up. And it is a doozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Such a damn shame about Ravine not selling so well. But doing the Sunstone method with Ravine is a good idea, and I really hope it works out. I do think it will find its audience by the time the third book is out, or maybe the fourth.

Wanderers of Ravine is the deviant art site for Ravine now, for those who don't know.

I thought this was done? Glad to hear it if it's not.

It tanked pretty hard, so he's switching it over to the Sunstone approach - web first, then print if there's enough interest.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    New Sunstone strip is up. And it is a doozy.
    Totally. The pain (the emotional kind in this case hehe) is so real here that it's absolutely heart-breaking. I would rage but I know the story will have a happy ending. Also, I think the comic is making me interested...in certain things.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I've just finished the Sunstone TPB, really enjoyed it! I eagerly await vol. 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Totally. The pain (the emotional kind in this case hehe) is so real here that it's absolutely heart-breaking. I would rage but I know the story will have a happy ending. Also, I think the comic is making me interested...in certain things.
    You're in good company on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I've just finished the Sunstone TPB, really enjoyed it! I eagerly await vol. 2.
    Same here! Is each volume still supposed to be released every four months or so?

Incredible Member

So I read a recent interview with Sejic and apparently Sunstone will be 20 chapters/volumes in total and he hopes to finish it in the next five years. I mean, in the printed version you have like 80 pages/4 issues of story. If he wants to put out around 3 chapters/volumes per year then that equals 12 single issues worth of new material per year. And on top of that he has a Death Vigil ongoing planned and he wants to keep working on Ravine. And this isn't taking into account his other projects at Top Cow/Image. He's damn fast and he must possess a really strong work ethic. You don't see many artists like that anymore (and now he's also writing a lot of his stuff himself).
    Last edited by Shaggy; 01-05-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Next volume is set for April.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigJeff View Post
    Same here! Is each volume still supposed to be released every four months or so?
    I don't have recall but according to FrustratedRocka that seems to be the case. April isn't too far away, right?

Quote Originally Posted by FrustratedRocka View Post
    Next volume is set for April.
    Cheers dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    So I read a recent interview with Sejic and apparently Sunstone will be 20 chapters/volumes in total and he hopes to finish it in the next five years. I mean, in the printed version you have like 80 pages/4 issues of story. If he wants to put out around 3 chapters/volumes per year then that equals 12 single issues worth of new material per year. And on top of that he has a Death Vigil ongoing planned and he wants to keep working on Ravine. And this isn't taking into account his other projects at Top Cow/Image. He's damn fast and he must possess a really strong work ethic. You don't see many artists like that anymore (and now he's also writing a lot of his stuff himself).
    I mostly read Marvel and I don't think they have anyone who can match Sejic's speed of work. The man is a speed demon!

Incredible Member

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/d...d-XD-505530209

Check this out, he posted his work on the cancelled Darkness Falls GN (apparently sales of the ongoing no longer justified a GN so now the story will be wrapped up in two issues of Witchblade). This looks amazing, seriously. I get that maybe the sales weren't there, but Jackie Estacado deserved a proper send off and this would have been exactly that.

It's a shame his Darkness Falls book got canned. On a positive note, I finally some time to read Ravine vol. 2 and Sunstone. Wow! Great stories there. I can't wait for the next installments for each.