Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default New "Uncanny Avengers" Teaser Features Scarlet Witch

Marvel's new Daniel Acuña-illustrated teaser showcases "Uncanny Avengers" member the Scarlet Witch.

Full article here.

"You can't know how liberating it is to know there is no blood connection between us."

Particularly liberating for the writers, I imagine. The characters are essentially rebooted without losing all their prior history. Nicely done.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Amazing Member

This retcon makes me sick...

Quote Originally Posted by HouseFrost View Post
    The ramifications of Axis period make me sick.

Extraordinary Member

2015 is the year of the Witch.

BANNED

Remender sure loves daddy issues. Venom was Flash Thompson and his dad, Punisher was Jigsaw and his son, Uncanny Avengers was the Apocalypse Twins getting revenge on their surrogate dad Kang, Captain America had Steve and his "son" Ian/Jet Black and her father, All-New Captain America #2 starts with Falcon's dad being shot, Rage of Ultron is gonna be about the father/son relationship between Ultron and Pym, now we got Scarlet Witch-Quicksilver and Magneto

Spielbergian

Ultimate Member

Only not nearly as good.

That being said, that's a pretty cool costume (cleavage issues aside).

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Remender sure loves daddy issues. Venom was Flash Thompson and his dad, Punisher was Jigsaw and his son, Uncanny Avengers was the Apocalypse Twins getting revenge on their surrogate dad Kang, Captain America had Steve and his "son" Ian/Jet Black and her father, All-New Captain America #2 starts with Falcon's dad being shot, Rage of Ultron is gonna be about the father/son relationship between Ultron and Pym, now we got Scarlet Witch-Quicksilver and Magneto

Spielbergian
    And Uncanny X-Force concluding with Daken trying to get back at Wolverine, with Sabretooth acting as a surrogate father of sorts.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HouseFrost View Post
    I'm on the fence with this one ... I prefer Magneto to be their father in the long run, as it was hinted about for YEARS before the confirmation. But if they are going to eliminate that, this retcon, [while eliminating Magneto as the father, bringing the comics in line with the MCU] at least leaves the possibility of them remaining mutants in the comics, which is how it should remain, movie or no.

Basically, what I'm saying is it could be far worse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    "You can't know how liberating it is to know there is no blood connection between us."

Particularly liberating for the writers, I imagine. The characters are essentially rebooted without losing all their prior history. Nicely done.
    And liberating for some readers (myself included), because this creates a good jumping off period. Money saved!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    2015 is the year of the Witch.
    Yep. All because she's in the film (just kidding).

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Is Marvel stupid? No one is going to buy this just because of the retcon. Advertiang it is just going to #%#@-off the people who are against it.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    And liberating for some readers (myself included), because this creates a good jumping off period. Money saved!
    Money saved is a good thing!
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Money saved is a good thing!
    I rather buy the good books and download things like this. I stay in touch (Marvel's wiki isn't very updated) while I have fun with a read that's worth it, until I take it off my list.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post

Spielbergian
    Think Remender is trying to tell us something?