Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Still not sold that its true. Too many times over the years the physical resemblance between Pietro and Max was referenced.
    If Marvel is going to throw out the scientific proof of paternity that has existed for decades, they are not going to care about how two characters physically resemble each other. I think only time will tell if this sticks. The next group leading Marvel may very well say "change it back."
    Not Peter David.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boredmonkey View Post
    it would have been truly liberating if they had killed off these losers... I still don't understand why they are ruining the comics to make it similar to the movies..to sell more comics? how is that? buying the old comics would mean more copies to sell and more stories for the reader...but this is supposed to be a new jumping on point how does that work? and if marvel is so obsessed with the movies..just cancel spiderman, xmen, hulk, ironman etc etc and have only the movies and their respective comics.. don't push unnecessary characters just because of a movie..I will watch the movie but I don't want the comics sullied.. I never liked UA and this does not interest me..only vision is a good enough character..the others will probably be the problems the team will have
    .also didn't we see Wanda go to x factor and be all sisterly to Lorna? what was that all about? one moment she is all I want my sister and now I m glad I m not related??... fan made stories are supposed to be really silly and suck..not the company's official prints..
    Maybe if you read the stories before commenting… Wanda says that to Magneto while she is inverted so it's not what she really thinks.

An unecessary character for you is a character liked by someone else, given the fact that you are not the only Marvel reader you can extrapolate by yourself how much your opinion really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    And oddly enough, it was stated way back when that Lorna was NOT related to Magneto and there was DNA proof. So what does that make Zaladane?
    Bobby said he talked to Lorna's adoptive parents and they said her real parents died in a plane crash then they retconned the Magneto into the robot. Not quite to the level of DnA proof. Sure, in AU comics she has been and she hasn't been depending on the universe, but AU does not equal 616.

Quote Originally Posted by boredmonkey View Post
    didn't we see Wanda go to x factor and be all sisterly to Lorna? what was that all about? one moment she is all I want my sister and now I m glad I m not related??... fan made stories are supposed to be really silly and suck..not the company's official prints..
    Then Wanda issues a spell that for all she know at the time would kill Lorna and Luna as well. And, yah she seemed quite happy about developing a relationship with Lorna. Now they are promoting inverted evil Wanda's views (through that quote of feeling liberated) as her real views on her family.

About Magneto being the twins' father, some things I think should/might have led to suspicion a long time ago if it were true that he's not their father:

- The Avengers have Magneto's DNA (Magneto: Not a hero #1) on file, so one might assume someone would notice it didn't match that of Wanda/Pietro (Yes, I do think the Avengers have their members' DNA in their system. Tony Stark keeps it to be able to clone them).

- Given that the X-Men scientists do research on mutations all the time (and Beast confirms he has DNA profiles on file in Astonishing X-Men) they have Magneto's data available, and as they have some interactions with the twins, and that Beast has access to the Avengers' datbase (which Kitty Pryde accesses whenever she feels like as well), a mismatch should have been discovered.

- The Magneto clone Joseph clones the old Brotherhood of evil mutants (Magneto: Not a hero). Given that he's got Magneto DNA and has access to Wanda/Pietro's DNA, one would assume he'd find out if they differed, and given that he wanted to hurt Magneto he would have told him.

- Quicksilver looks a lot like Magneto, as does his nephew Tommy.

- There is no reason to suspect Magda cheated on Magneto before their (first) daughter's death, so if the twins' date of birth is at most nine months after that happens it would suggest he's the father. If their birth occured more than nine months later, this should have given some suspicions that made the involved parties check the parental lineage more closely. I assume the date of birth for the twins isn't a secret.

This may not prove anything 100%, but added together I think it makes a strong case for what has been accepted for the last decades.
    (Maybe Scarlet Witch got her DNA (and blood) mixed if she once carried Mephisto's children or the Vision's children (unsure what is canon about those first ones) and she resurrected Quicksilver with the same tainted blood at the end of House of M making their blood(line) different to Magneto's, technicality of Wanda's "Find perch within the blood of my blood!" not meaning Magneto as he's not of her blood but rather she's of his (while Pietro is resurrected by Wanda), or something wild as that, but I'd still say Magneto was their father.....)

As for the possible change from mutants to inhumans (putting the "con" in retcon?):

- Fifty years of cerebro use has not discovered that the twins aren't mutants.

- Quicksilver depowered along with millions of other mutants on D-day.

- Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being left on earth in "X-Men Noe more humans" (only half a year ago) when only mutants (plus the inventor of the machine) stayed on earth.

- Quicksilver has been exposed to Terrigen crystals but he did not change the way inhumans/nuhumans do.

- Hope running on water (Avengers vs X-Men #2) Quicksilver style. Either a tiny bit of Phoenix force abilities or she copied Quicksilver's power, something she can only do if he's a mutant.

- The legendary cover to Uncanny X-Men #141 (Days of future past) has what to me looks like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch behind Wolverine and Kitty. It looks like Quicksilver's hairstyle (it's not Beast or Wolverine) and Wanda's hair and head piece.
    http://www.assembleafterdark.com/wp-...1395244820.png

And there's more stuff like this, but it's Christmas and the above should be proof enough that the Maximoffs are mutants, so I'll go do something Christmasy like eat too much.
    Last edited by Rockstadt; 12-25-2014 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanJeff79 View Post
    I'm on the fence with this one ... I prefer Magneto to be their father in the long run, as it was hinted about for YEARS before the confirmation. But if they are going to eliminate that, this retcon, [while eliminating Magneto as the father, bringing the comics in line with the MCU] at least leaves the possibility of them remaining mutants in the comics, which is how it should remain, movie or no.

Basically, what I'm saying is it could be far worse.
    I'm calling this now, we'll see if I'm right or wrong within a few months I imagine...

Either Wanda and Pietro will remain mutants, or if not, they will be revealed to be 'pseudo-mutants' of some kind, either engineered by the High Evolutionary to mimic real X-gene mutants, or mutated so they appear to be such by the weirdly radiation-laced and chthonic magic-tainted environment around Wundagore Mountain in Transia... as they themselves speculated in long ago Avengers stories where their powers seemed to be fading. What won't happen is that they'll be revealed as Inhumans, because it makes sense neither in terms of comics history (e.g., how Pietro's genetics mixed with Crystal's), nor in terms of what they seem to be planning for the twins in the MCU, if that even matters.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Now they are promoting inverted evil Wanda's views (through that quote of feeling liberated) as her real views on her family.
    Well, Wanda's inversion seemed more like an amplification of who she is rather than becoming the opposite.

The good thing about the retcon is that maybe they can find a new man on whom she can blame all her troubles and give Magneto a break. Her ongoing lack of personal responsibility has become a defining characteristic, so this can open a new avenue of the blame game.

So who is their father?
    Maybe its Dr Doom(wait Marvel doesn't have the rights to that character)....well maybe its someone like Black Bolt

Don't worry everyone, they'll clearly reverse this once Marvel Studios gets the X-men rights back in 2027
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Extraordinary Member

If it makes anybody feel any better, this is only a retcon of an earlier retcon.

Does anybody remember when Golden Age super hero Whizzer was allegedly Wanda's daddy?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not to mention one that has spanned across multiple comic universes and media adaptions. Truly liberating.
    They also haven't been "liberated" because FOX can STILL use them and STILL make the Magneto's kids if they want to. Heck DOFP already hinted that Quicksilver was Magneto's son and Michael Fassbender has flat-out confirmed it in interviews. You know what Bryan Singer, do it. Use ALL of them (Wanda, Pietro, and Lorna) in you're next X-Men movie and make them 100%, absolutely, no doubt about it whatsoever, Magneto's kids. Marvel wants to play these silly games, well turn about is fair play.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Don't worry everyone, they'll clearly reverse this once Marvel Studios gets the X-men rights back in 2027
    Your avatar reflects how I feel about this whole thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I would say it's the reverse. More people watch cartoon shows than will ever pick up a comic. So One More Day was controversial to comics fans - but to people who know Peter Parker from TV and movies and merchandise, it was him being married that was weird, not being unmarried.

And with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, because of the X-Men cartoons, more people know them as Magneto's children than as Avengers, because more people know them from cartoons than comics.

I'm personally happy if they're "liberated" from Magneto because I think them being his children has produced mostly bad stories in the last 10 years, as well as cutting them off from what's interesting about them. (They are dull X-Men characters, great Avengers characters, at least for me.) But of course people are upset. Most people don't know who these characters are, but if they know them at all it's probably as "Magneto's children." I'm glad that's changing, I don't expect others to be.
    Except that that's the writers fault, not their origins. And given that a lot of the same people who wrote said bad stories are still running things, there's absolutely NO guarantee that this will lead to GOOD stories going forward. You'll get terrible NEW stories. And their origins cut them off from nothing, the writers CHOSE to do that, your displeasure is misplaced.

And them being known as "Magneto's kids" won't be changing anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They also haven't been "liberated" because FOX can STILL use them and STILL make the Magneto's kids if they want to. Heck DOFP already hinted that Quicksilver was Magneto's son and Michael Fassbender has flat-out confirmed it in interviews. You know what Bryan Singer, do it. Use ALL of them (Wanda, Pietro, and Lorna) in you're next X-Men movie and make them 100%, absolutely, no doubt about it whatsoever, Magneto's kids. Marvel wants to play these silly games, well turn about is fair play.
    Bwahahahah i HOPE that happens. I like the way you think

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pad View Post
    Unmentionable. ;-) Seriously, Zaladane could still be Lorna's half-sister (same mother). Marvel would just need to explain how she got to the Savage Land. She could even be a full-sister to Lorna, but then it would be adding more tragedy if Magneto found out that he killed his own daughter.

About Wanda's costume: Isn't she missing glasses and a jacket? The new superhero look?
    That's just Superboy's old style anyway haha