Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Gosh I hope we won't rehash that Superman won't kill but Diana will troupe again. Seen it done before in different ways...from Kingdom Come to Sacrifice to Doomed. Just really do not need to see it rubbed in our faces again. I mean we get it. Diana makes the hard choices like with Max Lord or old man War etc and usually she only does it if she feels she has no other options but anyone who knows WW knows she is not one a hero who routinely likes to kill foes. Clark killed Doomsday this time around, when he was left with no choice...hopefully he's not the over sanctimonious hypocrite he was in Sacrifice. But end of the day it's a tired old plot and I hope Tomasi is going to be a little more creative and not make our couple behave like jerks to each other over that just to have the conflict he says to want to explore.

The art was so much better and did love in the art Diana's face showed a lot of compassion for Wonderstar as she felt him suffering. She being open about her feelings while Clark is the one being very cautious around Wonderstar who is a stranger to them is very in character as well. As for Wonderstar...yeah...he should have had a little more time but depends if Tomasi just used him as a vessel...if not...well it does not matter who contained Magog. There must be a twist somewhere. I'm hoping we see more of Wonderstar and I hope he doesn't die. Seems a waste to set up a character with such fan fare and talk of erratic powers etc ( he has some form of heat vision I notice) to just make him a vessel and kill him. And we seem to have had a reference to Dr Psycho?
    Agree with you. I thought Sacrifice broke a lot of things. Hopefully, like you said, there's a twist somewhere.
    Dr. Psycho? Where?
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

I am a little confused as to why Wonderstar was needed to hide Magog. Magog could have just attacked them, couldn't he? Why bother to hide behind the facade of Wonderstar?
    "Trojan horse" type set-up designed to get around the Lasso of Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    "Trojan horse" type set-up designed to get around the Lasso of Truth.
    Still don't see why the need for a trojan horse considering Circe's attack with the staff is what took Clark out long enough to attack Diana. They don't know who Magog is, so Magog could have come as himself? Unless she needed WS to attack as he is strong enough to take on the two...I don't know lol.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-29-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    Agree with you. I thought Sacrifice broke a lot of things. Hopefully, like you said, there's a twist somewhere.
    Dr. Psycho? Where?
    Mention of a "Mini sized madman"

Maybe Magog is from a different time,same as WS and Circe had him hitch a ride in his body or something

Still don't see why the need for a trojan horse considering Circe's attack with the staff is what took Clark out long enough to attack Diana. They don't know who Magog is, so Magog could have come as himself? Unless she needed WS to attack as he is strong enough to take on the two...I don't know lol.
    You could point out, though, that Superman was distracted by the Magog transformation, and then Wonder Woman was distracted by Superman's being attacked. More chaos this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Maybe Magog is from a different time,same as WS and Circe had him hitch a ride in his body or something
    Could be. Magog doesn't know SM and WW I assume and he wants to save the world from them so maybe Circe is manipulating him too because as Paola Barioni said he was more an anti-hero and one who found redemption. Gog was the villain of the two.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Very good issue but I'm bummed that Wonderstar was Magog; I'd actually started to enjoy him. I loved it when all 3 of them delivered the KO punch to Mammoth!
    Ideally (for me) they'd find a way to separate Wonderstar and Magog, so that he can be a hero that he thought he wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    You could point out, though, that Superman was distracted by the Magog transformation, and then Wonder Woman was distracted by Superman's being attacked. More chaos this way?
    Maybe...still hoping there is a twist and Wonderstar was not just a trojan horse for Magog.

I don't think Wonder Star is finished. He will probably be fighting Magog from the inside as Superman and WW fight him from the outside

Mention of a "Mini sized madman"
    I think that was a reference to Gizmo, considering the tech they were using and Mammoth's presence as well (also part of the fearsome five).
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    This issue is better than last month’s, but has a lot of filler. It was nice to see Superman and Wonder Woman acting and fighting like a team for a change. Some of the humor falls flat, and “the woman thing” gets laid a tad thick after a while. Debutante, for instance, is a walking cliché (or a social commentary, take your pick).

All in all the story is progressing, but there is not much of it. The plot is, again, ok but considering the pedigree of this book, it could be better. The predicament of our heroes does bring about an interesting avenue to explore. I just wish Wonderstar had more of a backstory, like Johns did for Ulysses in Superman.
    Well said. A couple nits: the need for the 'Trojan Horse' scam felt pointless and there were too many bland close up panels of only Wonderstar for redundant vanity shots. Also, I am not as versed on Magog as probably everyone here. IIRC he was in a Kingdom Come mini and series or somesuch, maybe JSA?, all pre-52. What have we seen of him in New52 and what do you think DC expects readers to know/expect of his showing up here?

sc7zkxp.jpg