Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Tom Brevoort Tells Us Nothing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Should I feel bad for laughing out loud at the ever lovin Thing spanking her bare ass like that? They didn't make out later, did they? LMAO.
    It's almost as though marvel had a sexually retarded teenager as editor in chief in the 1980s rather than Jim Shooter.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Consensus wise--Mostly X-fans hate this crossover because Avengers went inverted while they loved A vs X when phoenix-fied mutants went inverted--killed the professor and took over the earth..am i right?
    I think most X fans disliked AvX

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Consensus wise--Mostly X-fans hate this crossover because Avengers went inverted while they loved A vs X when phoenix-fied mutants went inverted--killed the professor and took over the earth..am i right?
    Wait what? Not sure where you got this from, most X-fans disliked AvX for many of the same reasons we dislike AXIS, weak writing, bad plots, terrible characterization and inconsistent continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Because you know, we all clamor for our heroes to be unlikable dicks.
    This pretty much nailed one of the chief complaints in both series

A vs X Phoenix-fied Namor behaved the same as he always has ...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Tony was already sinking in NA before he was inverted. I am curious if he is still inverted eight months later
    In New Avengers #26, Spiderwoman and Black Widow sneak in to see Tony in Wakanda. He is a prisoner of the Cabal and he is still inverted.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    From what I've seen on Tumblr, Brevoort doesn't really take the criticism towards AXIS seriously. He rarely does. Unless a book starts selling terribly, he really won't care. The criticism he gets from the internet is easy for him to brush off so long as the product sells. It's a crass way of doing business, but it is a business. That's just how it goes.
    And that's extremely horrible since we dont actually know the sales numbers. We know the order numbers made by stores which can be inflated even more by variants. So he is basically saying that he will never listen to what is being said because any comic they want to make into a big deal they can... and he will then excuse himself because Marvel turned into a big deal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    In New Avengers #26, Spiderwoman and Black Widow sneak in to see Tony in Wakanda. He is a prisoner of the Cabal and he is still inverted.
    And I'm still not sure there's a difference between inverted Tony and regular Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    And that's extremely horrible since we dont actually know the sales numbers. We know the order numbers made by stores which can be inflated even more by variants. So he is basically saying that he will never listen to what is being said because any comic they want to make into a big deal they can... and he will then excuse himself because Marvel turned into a big deal.
    That's because (and this is important to remember) we aren't Marvel's customers. The retailers are. So long as they can sell umpteen thousand books to the stores, they don't actually care if anyone actually buys them off the shelf. They get paid either way. It's only returnable books that eat into their profits, and there aren't many of those.

(I'm not even sure who eats the cost on those. Might be Diamond).

Fantastic Member

Wow, I read that New X-Men #28 summary. Emma tore Carol a new one and it was well deserved too. AXIS is what most Marvel events have become in recent years, A way to get certain characters from one point to another. As long as the story is somewhat coherent, it will work for them, as they make the character changes they want to make. The story itself is secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    That's not how most women think nowadays.

Plus women being allowed to hit men is a somewhat a special privilege. A sexist double standard too.
    Women are allowed to hit men ? A woman hits Me I call the Cops, just as if a man hit me