Default Hawkeye vs Deadpool #3 Spoilers

spoilers:

It starts out showing what happened between the issue 1 cliffhanger and beginning of issue 2 where Clint is being given a brainwashing session by Dr. Lusk while Typhoid Mary and Ivan watch on.

Wade and Kate come to and the former pretends to be dying to freak out the latter. Kate eventually realizes he’s faking and decides to stab him.

The two of them then take off after Barton who is getting away on a bicycle. Both Wade and Kate shoot at him and knock him off the bicycle but he steals a pizza delivery cycle all the while still singing “The Battle Hymn of the Republic”. A man on a cart offers Wade and Kate a ride and Wade throws him off while Kate jumps on the cart and starts shooting at Barton. Wade comments that the best part of Clint being brainwashed is that they don’t have to tell them that he took both of them out. Kate muses to herself that Deadpool is growing on her.

Wade then calls an Oper Car and threatens the driver to step on it. Barton crashes again and when Kate starts to get close, he jumps on the bridge. Wade stops her, since he suspects that Clint is “programmed” to commit suicide if he fails to deliver the thumb drive. He tells her that they have to let Clint make the delivery and that they have to strike then. In preparation, Wade makes another call.

Felicia is starting to get frustrated and yells at Mary, Lusk, and Ivan until Clint finally arrives.

It turns out Wade called a weapons dealer to deliver various weaponry. Wade hands her some heavy weaponry and she says she doesn’t want a missile launcher (c’mon Kate…) and the arms dealer corrects her and says it’s a GRENDADE Launcher and Wade names her Marcia. Wade tells her to use Marcia to take out electrical substation next to Black Cat’s hideout to disrupt the signal affecting Clint. He’ll meet her later since he plans to attack from above.

She does so while Felicia is trying to back up the data who complains that she has to enter a password every time. With the substation destroyed, Felicia gets angry and decides maybe they should throw Clint out the window.

Meanwhile, Wade enters the old Avengers Mansion to steal a skycycle…
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 12-25-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Absolutely hilarious, Deadpool's starting to corrupt Kate in all the best ways. Also great to see Wade coming up with the winning plan (even if it had gratuitous explosions) and manage to save Hawkeye from offing himself. Best bit I think was Kate walking in the background while the villains were trying to upload the data ho hum don't mind me and the grenade launcher.

God I love this series so much
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Absolutely hilarious, Deadpool's starting to corrupt Kate in all the best ways. Also great to see Wade coming up with the winning plan (even if it had gratuitous explosions) and manage to save Hawkeye from offing himself. Best bit I think was Kate walking in the background while the villains were trying to upload the data ho hum don't mind me and the grenade launcher.
    Yeah that's a great use of decompression and wide screen.

Quite possibly my favorite mini ever from Marvel. "Drop Marcia on it and breach low. I'm going in high. I mean, from above."

This series is not just not doing it for me.

For this ishe, while I can believe Kate has not killed anyone -although truthfully not aware of all her history- her childish repulsiveness to blood and deadly force seemed insincere.

Black Cat's bad juju continues to be baffling instead of intriguing.

Deadpool and Hawkeye have been more charming many more times than this.

Should the skill of reading lips be unaffected if you are brainwashed?

Can somebody share the youtube link of the song that DP was parodying?

Preview.
    songchoice.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post

Can somebody share the youtube link of the song that DP was parodying?

Preview.
    songchoice.jpg
    It's a Queen reference complete with Freddie Mercury pose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0V0_1MS0Q

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    It's a Queen reference complete with Freddie Mercury pose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0V0_1MS0Q

Very cool. Thanks! I recalled the song while growing up now - but had never seen the music video (cmplete w/kewl nekkidness) which was almost made it worth reading the issue now.

Excited to get this series in TPB. Never thought this would be the book I'm most excited about.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/