Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Axis 9

I didn't fucking love it, but enjoyed it for the crazy and weird story it was. With everyone getting warped and inverted and acting insane and whatnot. IMO it was harmless fun. Everything pretty much went back to status quo at the end anyway except for Sabretooth, Iron Man and Havok.

And I don't care enough about Wanda and Quicksilver to be bothered by their retcon in this either. So I'm fine with it. Plus the art was nice.

it honestly feels like the whole point of Axis was to reveal Scarlet as not related to Magneto and plant the seeds for whatever that means.

BANNED

Absolutely horrendous. Even worse than Battle of the Atom.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Why have ramifications that large for Havok, a character who was a secondary character in this story? It seemed super rushed.

They had a chance to bring back the real Apocalypse and blew it. Hopefully once Remender leaves somebody can take over his pet project Evan and have him be possessed by the real Apocalypse or something. The X-Men need villains now more than ever, especially since Sabertooth is a golden boy Avenger. Who do they have left? Mystique, Mojo, Sinister? Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I didn't fucking love it, but enjoyed it for the crazy and weird story it was. With everyone getting warped and inverted and acting insane and whatnot. IMO it was harmless fun. Everything pretty much went back to status quo at the end anyway except for Sabretooth, Iron Man and Havok.

And I don't care enough about Wanda and Quicksilver to be bothered by their retcon in this either. So I'm fine with it. Plus the art was nice.
    Agreed and seconded. Except for the retcon. Not happy it happened but I can live with it. Can someone explain to the op as well as anyone else like him or her. That just because he or she hates a story that not everyone else does. I hate eating liver. I'm not going around telling people that do like that they have problems. WTF it's like the third or fourth person to do that recently.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    They had a chance to bring back the real Apocalypse and fucking blew it.
    I don't think Evan was ever going to become Apoc imo. I think they wanted to show how with the right cirucnstances and personality he could.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

The ending to this was a disaster. The only good thing about the issue was Magneto calling everyone fools.

I can't pin point exactly what they should have changed to make it a better read? Different writer? Different plot? The plot seemed all over the place even though they did have those plots in different books and they were bad to read there too. The Scarlet Witch, Thor/Loki thing made it seem choppy. I don't know it was just a poor read not even counting the developments.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

The plot could have been tightened up a bit more if they had X-Men and Avengers specific spinoffs rather than Carnage and Hobgoblin, who hardly even did anything in the main series (aside from Carnage's few quips and sacrificing himself).

The book lacked soul. There was no reason behind the motivations except for "rawr, die muties!" and "rawr, you hate us so we have to kill you!". Even in AvX the writers explored what the characters were thinking and gave reasons for their actions. The only character who didn't need any explanation was Steve Rogers, and that is because he is a total super dick.

I will give the event credit for creating some fun, unusual moments like Carnage helping civilians, Sabretooth and Mystique showing affection, Apocy's talking Deadpool keychain and the last few Loki panels in issue 9.

BANNED

It's astounding that I can still be surprised by how bad someone can write the X-Men.

Next year is my 20th year of collecting and I've read everything between then and now and everything before it and I've been fooled before into thinking that's the worst the X-Men will ever get but this just takes a big dump on everything.

I read all those 90's annuals and one shots, Chuck Austen, Battle of the Atom...
    I think there will probably be something worse than this next year.

BANNED

I can barely muster up the emotion to care one way or the other.

At least AvX made me feel something even if those feelings were rage and despair.

BANNED

This was the worst comic book in the history of comics since Axis #8.

It was nonsensical madness with some nice art. At this point I think I'm so jaded from how bad Marvel's storytelling has become and everything revolving around the movies that I oddly didn't hate it. Kind of enjoyed it for what it was. Maybe I'm just getting old and don't care as much about these characters.

Battle of the Atom was worse. AXIS was boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I can't pin point exactly what they should have changed to make it a better read? Different writer? Different plot? The plot seemed all over the place even though they did have those plots in different books and they were bad to read there too. The Scarlet Witch, Thor/Loki thing made it seem choppy. I don't know it was just a poor read not even counting the developments.
    Repeating the Scarlet Witch and Loki stuff that was already being handled in other books was a waste of space.

Fewer characters in general would have helped. Maybe then those that were left could have been given plausible inversions instead of generic evil nonsense.
    Game Over man! Game Over!