Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    i would be willing to give this situation the botd (benefit of the doubt) if the author hadn't already made light of this issue with longshot and dazzler. not really comfortable reading p*ter d*vid comics anymore
    I did NOT make light of it. That is an outright, baldfaced lie. It was brought up entirely incorrectly thanks to the artist putting in the glow on Longshot's eye that implied he was using his power. I made VERY clear that that was not my intent, that the hookup between Dazzler and Longshot was ENTIRELY consensual and that the misreading of it came from an uninstructed artist's trick. I dealt with the entire incident in a straightforward and honest manner and I do NOT appreciate your fabricating my attitude. This is EXACTLY the kind of fan action I discussed in another thread.

PAD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    The only thing I didn't like was that this was clearly a story about Israel and Palestine and that one side was depicted as right and the other wrong. I know the debate on that is very one sided in the states but I don't live in the states. I am from Ireland so the idea of an occupation just doesn't sit well since we were also occupied. We were branded as terrorists too when we fought back. Also even the Jewish community as a whole does not agree with the actions of Israel. You go on youtube and find holocaust survivors condemning the actions of the Israeli government. When you have the amount of civilian casualities on both sides to that scale I'm not comfortable with depicting one side as 100% right or wrong. There are bad people on both sides as well as good people who feel they have no other options. War is complicated and both sides I am sure have their proganda machines. I am going to give PAD the benefit of the doubt and hope we see more shades of grey in the next issue.

Also it might be my imagination but I buy this on Comixology and I notice that the quality of the pages seem lower than other titles. Pages for X-Factor look a bit pixelated as opposed to other comics. It's like the person scanning them isn't doing it at the right resolution. I thought maybe it was my laptop but I am home for the christmas and I'm using a different device.
    I also didn't like that since one of the most horrific, anti-semitic myths is the blood libel, which holds that Jews use Christian children in arcane rituals. Here, it seems, that the blood libel has been simply redirected at the Palestinians.

BANNED

Anyways, I guess I should have noticed how much the main event of this issue was foreshadowed in previous issues.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Anyways, I guess I should have noticed how much the main event of this issue was foreshadowed in previous issues.

Very nice catch there IdaqiBeauty

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post

Heh, she literally touched Doug's heart the instant they met and cut Warlock from it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Heh, she literally touched Doug's heart the instant they met and cut Warlock from it.
    Yes ... his heart...

BANNED

It doesn't matter at this point. An artist didn't make Longshot into Dazzler's grandson.

BANNED

This issue was glorious.

"Gee, I don't know Lorna. Look, a nail. Can you lift it?"

Amazing.

Hey, Doug Ramsey!

Didn't you read the sign?

10892015_854815271223178_7541909910684081279_n.jpg

So, did Danger pop Doug's cherry?

(On a completely unrelated note, congrats to Ariel David on her engagement!)
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    So, did Danger pop Doug's cherry?
    Yes, and it was done enthusiastically.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

According to the comments Peter David made on twitter, the dialogue between Doug and Danger was indeed meant to make it clear their encounter was consensual.

Evidently, how well the scene in question managed to convey that can be disputed, but that at least clarifies the intent.

....I'm still chuckling over Gambit & Polaris arguing over a potentially hazardous job:

"Grab her!"
    "YOU grab her."

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    ....I'm still chuckling over Gambit & Polaris arguing over a potentially hazardous job:

"Grab her!"
    "YOU grab her."
    Totally made me think Ghostbusters. It was funny.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Currently MagSeven

Doug kept saying "I was sleeping IN" not "I was sleeping". If you note that distinction, the scene reads with less vagueness to me.