BANNED

Default Best and Worst parts of 2014 for you?

So we're about to reach 2015, the middle of this decade, and just to recap what were the best and worst parts of 2014 for you?

For me...

best parts:
    -saw wolf of wall street on january first after just rising from the crossover in a billiard room with my friends and family.
    -finished watching the Lethal Weapon movies series, online.
    -got into the terminator, rocky, rambo, and robocop series.
    -saw plenty of great new movies in theatres like lone survivor, son of god, transcendence, maleficent, 22 jump street, expendables 3, night at the museum 3, hunger games, hobbit 3, and others.
    -had fun creating A LOT of videos on youtube
    -going back to another country in asia to visit family in February and went to see great sights and won some great arcade prizes from a local arcade center.
    -visiting my uncle as well as my baby cousins and relatives from arizona.
    -made a few new friends at a social program.
    -had a relaxing year compared to all the past years where I had take it hard with homework and test pressure in school/college.
    -went to a friend's party in March and met his girlfriend and a few other friends.
    -passed two A++ tests for my job certificate.
    -got into a moment where I was in a halal pizza store in manhattan with another "friend" and then this bum comes in and gets into a racially verbal altercation fight with t
    -went to the Sony Wonders Technology lab in March (but that one was okay)
    -got some neat McDonald's coupons via my mail.
    -went to Six Flags with a group at the end of April.
    -went to Coney Island in august.
    -went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art twice and the Museum of Natural History just like last year.
    -spent Thanksgiving at one of my best friend's house and got to see her cats.
    -started going to the gym and a new swimming pool in July.
    -started getting acupuncture from July til this week (not sure if this counts as "best", but the fact that I bravely endured it and even sometimes asked for more needles make me feel like a man)
    -went to a Greek steakhouse in Astoria for my birthday dinner.
    -had my house's living room and hallway repainted and redecorated and got new furniture.
    -finally ditched the old Cathode Ray-Tube TV and got a new HDTV.
    -went to a homecoming party at my old college as an alumni.
    several others i may be forgetting...

worst parts:
    -the extreme cold weather in the tri-state area earlier this year.
    -my back problems.
    -lack of snow this Christmas season just like in 2011 and 2012.
    -having to see myself on camera in one of my cousin's home videos of me on my previous trip's with them as far as back as 2009 and 2012.
    -no longer having to see my favorite old psychiatrist and his home is actually pretty nice and chilling (and everytime I go there, me and my dad buys home tex-mex for dinner).
    -having an argument/fight with a certain member from the rumbles on old CBR after he got mad and salty at me for using a rather strong word with an extremely certain meaning denoting emphasis on how badly the opposition is defeated in a completely trivial context like rumbles threads. i only regret not putting him on my ignore list earlier and saying it right in his face beforehand as a "screw you".
    -the whole CBR reboot and seeing all our great old threads and posts spanning 9-10 years that we fondly remembered all go away and i had to spend half of May trying to store even just a portion of my favorite threads (Although I have nothing personal against Jonah, I still can't forgive him or anyone who chose not to make a seperate archive site to preserve all the wonderful old threads for us to enjoy, even if we are understandably starting anew :angry)
    -no longer being able to go swimming at YMCA's pool for the summer, due to a certain associated program I go to, cancelling its $5 discount.
    -having to deal with a few idiots on another forum.
    -seeing my old house get cleaned out (my house hadn't gotten through a change THIS big in like 10+ years).
    -having my mother throw away some of the oldest things in our house we've cherished like a giant chinese fan and my living room's coffee table.
    -having to deal with a roach infestation problem in my apartment coming from another "suspicious" neighbor's house.
    -not being able to win a Nintendo 3DS in the Key Machine game at Coney Island's arcade center (well granted not many people could win much prizes, let alone the best ones).
    -hearing that one of my aunts overseas has died in China and that my father had to go back to the "old country" for two weeks to accompany my sad grandparents.
    -though this is not of my personal life, but seeing Robin Williams die this year.
    -my father getting into a car accident.
    and several others i may be forgetting...

bonus scenario: what are the best and worst moments of the early 2010's for you guys?

BANNED

BEST
    --- Discovering Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    Sense 2008 when I got in to comics nothing new had come in to my life entertainment wise, watched same type of movies I aways had. Was not big on Anime other than a few small specific series and dbz, Evangelion was a utter and complete revelation both on a emotional and creative level, in the 2 months after I watched it I probably typed out more in depth thoughts about it on Eva geeks than anything I discussed in the 5-7 years I was on cbr or any other fourms. It sky rocketed to become my favorite entertainment franchise faster than anything previously in my entire life sense godzilla when I was 8 lol.
    --- caused me to start getting into a good number of other anime
    --- My Dad... genuinely for the first time... in as long as I can remember is making a honest true a tempt at being a better husband and a better Person, I won't say a better father as he is not fathery but at least now I can just be midely annoyed at him being home instead of frightened.
    --- computer lab job at college is going 80% well
    --- things both good and bad have left 2015 to be a true fresh start.

WORST
    --- recently found out my aunt has cancer waiting to see how far it spread.
    --- only drew a grand total of... 5 drawings the entire bloody year, 2 of them where among my biggest and best ever, even so the rest where sketches.... that's utterly pathetic.
    --- some mistakes I have been making sense 09 after high school, finally bit me in the ass but it's cause for that fresh start.
    --- most recent semester at computer lab job has also been the most trying as the kids are now being the most defiant sense I have worked there.
    Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 12-31-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Best
    --discover a world of comics to read
    Worst
    --not able to attend church due to sickness

Best:

Getting together with my wonderful girlfriend Jess, and being able to have excellent times together.

Good times spend with my awesome kids.

Comics comics comics!

Worst:

Not being able to see my awesome kids as much as I have been able to previously because their mother is less than awesome.

Near constant injuries of one kind or another diminishing my quality of life and at times keeping me from activities I enjoy.

Best: Moved into a new place. Finally I'll have heat this winter, huzzah.
    Worst: My dad passed away. I can't even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I lost my mom a couple months ago, still doesn't seem real.

Best:
    I got married this year to an awesome woman and started getting back into comics after many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
    Thank you. And I'm sorry for your loss as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Best: Moved into a new place. Finally I'll have heat this winter, huzzah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

Best:
    I got married this year to an awesome woman and started getting back into comics after many years.
    I'm sorry to hear both your losses.
    My condolences to you both and everyone else who lost someone this year.

Best: I got a job
    Worst: I got a job

i can't think of everyone else rn
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

All-New Member Sentinel Prime X's Avatar

Best: My son was born, got engaged to a wonderful girl
    Worst: My grandmother passed away, my company laid off over half it's workforce (but not me, so I have survivor's guilt)

BANNED

Best: Broke up with longtime girlfriend. Got accepted into the Digital Film Academy
    Worst: Still working at a crappy job.
    Last edited by Starchild; 12-31-2014 at 06:08 AM.

Amazing Member

BEST

read lovecraft in a cemetery
    wandering around Glasgow during the commonwealth games, finding GOMA open till late with a piano outside, watching the parade of athletes later, and the passing of the baton by my street before
    the many women who said I like your T shirt to me
    watching B Movies (Last Days of Mars, As above so Below, The Congress etc) in empty cinemas
    wrote some poetry, posted some stuff on DeviantArt, restarted a blog, stuff i kept forgetting to do for the last few years
    being more open about being lonely rather than hiding it away inside to drive me insane
    the woman at the bus stop who french kissed the window next to my face and raised her skirt to reveal what I hope was black underwear
    watching 5 Friday the 13th movies at a rate of once a week
    the Independence referendum, and having people stop me in the street to talk about it just because I had a YES badge on

WORST

the jobcentre changing the rules so they could remove my benefit
    someone I had spent the last few years talking to, watching her dog, saving from a mugger, listening to her talk about her problems, walking her home in the dark, revealing that to her I am just some guy who works with her mum
    explaining on depression threads about how my loneliness got to the point where i couldn't get out of bed and deal with the world, and then being told I just need sex and eventually I will meet someone (which BTW doesn't help)
    my mum accidently making CHicken in a Chilli Con Carne sauce and having to eat just to be nice
    listening to Rosslyn (who I once spent three months flirting with and saying how beautiful she was at every opportunity without her actually noticing) talk endlessly about her boyfriend

theres probably more I will think of later