Default Shang-Chi versus Doc Savage

Standard Khazan arena fight. The master of kung-fu versus the man of bronze.

I can't recall anything from Savage on the scale of Shang's bullet deflecting/dodgings, which is otherwise going to carry it for Shang thereby, speed that is.

Haven't read Savage stuff in a while though, so I might just not be remembering stuff.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I can't recall anything from Savage on the scale of Shang's bullet deflecting/dodgings, which is otherwise going to carry it for Shang thereby, speed that is.

Haven't read Savage stuff in a while though, so I might just not be remembering stuff.
    With standard gear couldn't Savage crush some of his knockout gas spheres? IIRC he has them where he can do so with slight muscle movements. Then he just has to hold his breath and take the hits until Shan-Chi breathes the gas in and goes down.

Shang has actually lasted for quite a while in a knockout gas situation.

I haven't read any Doc Savage since I was a kid but I also don't recall anything on the level of aim dodging.

Mighty Member

Shang has actually lasted for quite a while in a knockout gas situation.

Did he withstand the gas or not breathe it in? Savage's gas is colorless& odorless. Can he withstand the gas if he breathes it in without knowing it?

I'd have to re-read it but I /think/ it was holding his breath. But then again he might have actually spoke while the gas was about so, yeah, I'll re-check. If holding his breath, Savage at least has a shot here then, though I wouldn't put great stock in him just tanking abuse from Shang when the guy smashes through cave walls and what have you.