Thread: Daredevil?

Default Daredevil?

What are some good runs of daredevil? Which writers of daredevil do you recommend I check up on?

BANNED

Frank Millers run on Daredevil is essential.

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    What are some good runs of daredevil? Which writers of daredevil do you recommend I check up on?
    Waid's recently concluded (though he's still writing) series begun in 2011 is stellar. As is Bendis' 8-issue mini-series End of Days.

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    i'd suggest the latest mark waid run then brian michael bendis and finally frank miller's

enjoy reading!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Spectacular Member

Bendis
    Brubaker
    Waid

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Depends. Miller is the essential writer. His original run is maybe a little dated (though still good) but his 2 later stories (Man Without Fear and Born Again) are amazing even for modern only readers. After Miller you should start with Smith's 8 issue story, then Bendis' run, then Brubaker's run and then Waid's run. You can also read Nocenti's run. Of course you can jump in at any run if you wish. Keep in mind though that Brubaker's run is basically a continuation of Bendis' run and Bendis' run takes some plot points from Smith's story. Waid's run is lighthearted while the other runs I've mentioned are dark. If you like Daredevil more lighthearted you can also get Kesel's run or Lee's run if you're a Silver Age guy. Daredevil is famous for almost always having great writers so it's hard to go wrong.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

Guardian Devil by Kevin Smith and Quesada.

BANNED

Frank Miller, Ann Nocenti and D.G. Chichester were OUTSTANDING!

Incredible Member

Frank Miller's Daredevil is the only Daredevil that you will ever need.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

-DD: Yellow #1-6
    -DD: The Man Without Fear #1-5
    -Miller's run. It's truly amazing. You can find the TPB's fairly cheap on Ebay and Amazon. After that:
    -Born Again story---DD v1 #227-233
    -Nocenti run DD v1 #250-291
    -DD v2 #26-119, 500-512

Happy reading!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Man, Miller's stuff is so badass.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by harpier View Post
    Waid's recently concluded (though he's still writing) series begun in 2011 is stellar. As is Bendis' 8-issue mini-series End of Days.
    now that's a confusing statement if I ever heard one! Are you alluding to the rumor that Waid will end his run in May?

Stan Lee and Frank Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    now that's a confusing statement if I ever heard one! Are you alluding to the rumor that Waid will end his run in May?
    No. As with recent Marvel practice, titles are being relaunched with much of the same creative team. So, Daredevil (Vol. 3), which began in September of 2011 and ended with issue #36 in April 2014, was penned by Waid. When the current series (Volume 4) was (re-)launched in May 2014 with a new #1, Waid remained the writer. [The same was true of Jason Aaron's Thor.] So, my recommendation was for Volume 3, but Waid's tenure with the character in Volume 4 continues to be top-notch, whenever he decides to end his run and whether or not that will result in another "relaunch".