Amazing Member

Default Civil War TPB [Spoilers]

I got Civil War for Christmas, and I finished a few hours later. In two sittings. It was the collection of all 7 issues. I liked it a lot, but something was missing. Captain's assassination?

I thought Crossbones assassinates Captain America at the end? Is this in a follow up TPB? Also, are there any TPB tie ins I should get? I thought I saw there was a FF, Spiderman and a few others. Do they really add to the story? Or should I skip them??

Cap's death actually happens in his own book.

Amazing Member

So his own Captain America: Civil War?

Looks like I'll be getting that.

Fantastic Member

This: http://www.amazon.com/Death-Captain-...aptain+america is what you're looking for. It collects all the Captain America Civil War tie-ins and the Death of Captain America and Bucky donning the uniform and shield. Consider this collection Book 3 in Ed Brubaker's run, following Winter Soldier and Red Menace.

Also, it's pretty damn awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    So his own Captain America: Civil War?

Looks like I'll be getting that.
    Actually I think it's the TPB after that, which leads into an even longer story if you're interested.

The only Civil War tie-in I'd recommend is Spider-man and the Back in Black story that comes after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Actually I think it's the TPB after that, which leads into an even longer story if you're interested.

The only Civil War tie-in I'd recommend is Spider-man and the Back in Black story that comes after it.
    Doesn't Back in Black end with Aunt May getting shot? That's not a road you want to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Doesn't Back in Black end with Aunt May getting shot? That's not a road you want to go down.
    I thought Back in Black was great. What came later... not so much.