View Poll Results: What first got you interest in X-Men?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men: The Animated Series 90s Cartoon

97 42.73%
  • X-Men Evolution Cartoon

12 5.29%
  • Trading Cards

7 3.08%
  • Original X-Men Trilogy

10 4.41%
  • X-Men Video Games - Pryde, Children of the Atom, Legends, Destiny, etc

9 3.96%
  • Wolverine and the X-Men Cartoon

0 0%
  • Current X-Men Trilogy (First Class, Days of Future Past, etc)

1 0.44%
  • Wolverine - I liked Wolverine on the Avengers or Solo, so I checked out the X-Men

2 0.88%
  • The Comics - duh

74 32.60%
  • Other - What?

15 6.61%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

I got into the X-Men when a relative loaned me some comics that included the issue where Frost switched bodies with Storm. First chance I got, I picked up New Mutants #54 and the issue of classic X-Men where they visited Banshee's castle. I think I got X-Men #217 a little while after that. X-Factor was a harder sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I got into the X-Men when a relative loaned me some comics that included the issue where Frost switched bodies with Storm. First chance I got, I picked up New Mutants #54 and the issue of classic X-Men where they visited Banshee's castle. I think I got X-Men #217 a little while after that. X-Factor was a harder sell.
    Enjoyed the first 50 issues of that book, and the entirety of Peter David from #87 on. Marvel at least knew how to self contain their crossovers back then. Again, I can talk the good old days all day and night, but that's just me and my 'member berries......

That was the most boring of the options for me. Until PAD took over.

How come? The shark jumping explanation for Jean? Milk toast Scott? The 'Mutant Hunters' concept??? I can see that I just enjoyed the Simonsons as a team, the fact that there was no Internet to spoil Angel's fate in the Massacre, the Beast wasn't furry, Hodge was a cliched card carrying bastard, but still a fun read. Now New Mutants would've been my tough sell, and I muddled through until X-Force.

Not badgering ya dude, I'm just curious

I suspect it was just the age I was. The characters just weren't relatable. To be honest, except for the Dark Phoenix Saga, I've never enjoyed the O5.

I might have given up on The New Mutant, too, but I was collecting the Claremont issues at the same time and knew how good the series could be.

I suspect it was just the age I was. The characters just weren't relatable. To be honest, except for the Dark Phoenix Saga, I've never enjoyed the O5.

I might have given up on The New Mutant, too, but I was collecting the Claremont issues at the same time and knew how good the series could be.

I can relate, I've always felt that way about the Legion over at DC, could've been some outstanding sci-fi, instead they're subjected to reboot after reboot, rather than unlimited possibilities.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Even though I liked X-men from the original 90s cartoon and X-men: Evolution and the movies they weren't what got me to read the comics. It was when I was reading Sonic the Hedgehog comics and after years of only reading Sonic comics I want to see if there was other comics that I would like and the House of M graphic novel caught my attention. I thought the story was cool and the art was awesome. I know that story is very hate or love because of what happened to the mutants but I just thought it was cool that X-men and Spider-man was in the same comic. For years I mostly just stuck to getting the graphic novels it wasn't till this year that I stated buying the comic monthly or at least read the past comics on Marvel Unlimited.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

NBC's first Saturday morning 1982 airing of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends episode titled,"A Firestar is Born". That episode had Spidey and the X-Men battling the Juggernaut.Then sometime later that led me to getting my first Uncanny X-Men comic by Chris Claremont and Paul Smith titled,"Professor Xavier is a Jerk!"
    Last edited by Ranma1/2; 11-06-2016 at 01:07 PM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I got into the X-Men when a relative loaned me some comics that included the issue where Frost switched bodies with Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranma1/2 View Post
    Then sometime later that led me to getting my first Uncanny X-Men comic by Chris Claremont and Paul Smith titled,"Professor Xavier is a Jerk!"
    You were very lucky .

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

My uncle collected comics so i would grab some of his old X-men issues along with Hulk,Spidey, and Batman. This was around the time Spider-Man and his Amazing friends co-starring Ice-man and FireStar. The episode with them visiting the X-mansion left me stoked about the X-men and i began to hunt down as many as the comics that i did not have. At this time Marvel was running X-men Classics which brought me up on most of the issues. So i guess the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends was not what introduced me to them but it made me want to seek out more X-men comics.

BANNED

Wow never imagined that so many of us came on board with the 90's cartoon. Disney should never have cancelled Wolverine & The X-Men. It would probably have brought in more readers.

BANNED

Uh, Mia what are you smoking? I'm 36 I grew up in the early 1980s with the 1980s x men which was the best x men lineup at the time back then.

Spiderman and his amazing friends
    Some of us wait, some of us act.