Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

The New52 powers do explore some interesting possibilities (especially sense), BUT New52 Superboy is just a telekinetic, when he should be a TACTILE one, so it gets really bizarre to see him talking about tactile telekinesis, when his telekinesis is clearly non-tactile.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    I liked the overall, Kirby-inspired milieu of Kesel's origin, but that didn't REALLY come to full prominence until Kesel's SECOND run with the character, which was the stronger of the two (and some of the strongest Superboy stuff ever, long with Kelly's run).

But I think the Superman/Lex Luthor genetic origin is the superior, for it's iconic resonance. He's the merging of the greatest hero and villain the world has ever produced. That's powerful fodder.

I don't love how obsessed the character became with his genetics - it's just too stupid, for my tastes, to be sure that you'll 'go evil' because of your genetic heritage - but it's an interesting dynamic to play with, and you can use it in more subtle ways.
    The real problem of the Superman/Lex Luthor origin is that it sounds INCREDIBLY GAY and UNSCIENTIFIC for some people, and also a source of pointless angst. I prefer something simpler.
    Last edited by Slaughter; 01-13-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Incredible Member

Another point (doubleposting for EMPHASIS):

Superboy needs his own rogues' gallery. A hero is a good as his villains.

Kesel's Superboy had one, it was pretty good and respectable. Let's see:

- Multi-Arm
    - Scavenger (not to be mistaken as the Aquaman villain of the same name)
    - King Shark
    - Silver Sword
    - Knockout
    - Silicon Dragons
    - The Agenda and the Evil Factory
    - Black Zero* **

*pretty sure Geoff Johns took "Titans Tomorrow's Superboy has Lex Luthor has his mentor from there)
    ** Did they use Westfield' ultimate wipe-out from all realities as a way to sneak the Luthor retcon later on?